Power Windows without Keys in GLXR

Postby jonesy on Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:29 pm

Ok, this annoys the crap out of me. When you unlock the truck with the remote you have to key onto accessories before you can wind down the windows.

When you switch off and take the keys out, you can still use the windows (for 30sec or a minute not sure exactly) which is great. Every other car I've had you can use the windows after unlocking without having to goto to accessories. Makes me mad.

Anyone know if this can be changed somehow.
jonesy

Postby Eelesy on Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:09 pm

Mine doesnt even allow me to use the windows for 30 seconds once ive shut the car off, that feature stopped working when i had to have some rewiring done ages ago.

Doesnt matter though as i have the turbo timer now and that allows me time to wind up the windows once stopped.

but as for your question Jonesy, im sure it can be done, because the interior lights come on once you hit the unlock button, so you might be able to tap into that particular circuit. :-)
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Postby Buzzy on Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:28 pm

I hoestly havent heard of any car being able to do this :-)
My (brand new) SR hilux wont let you put up the windows when your turn your ignition off let alone turning on the accessories before you can wind the windows down.
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby Jitsukablue on Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:02 am

And have you noticed the rear window only works when the ignition is on? Some BMWs allow you to wind all windows up or down when locking or unlockin the car with the key fob...
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

Postby rick on Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:37 am

yeh if you hold down the button
i think im a lesbian trapped in a mans body!!!
rick

Postby Jitsukablue on Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:50 pm

That can only be software, I'll start off the bidding, I will pay the first person $500 who modifies that function in the software so the tritons can do that, anyone else want to chip in. We can do this Wiki style.
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

Postby FreestyleCab on Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:00 pm

Aparently your dealer could possibly change all this.
I think I read in the manual somewhere that just about any function can be changed in the software of the car.

I didn't read about power windows being used after unlocking the car but I can remember reading that timing for power windows use after the ignition is turned off can be changed, as can other timing functions like the interior lights and the headlights staying on after the ignition is turned off can all be changed.

You just have to find a dealer that has an enthusiastic techguy to do all this......might be pretty hard to find that!!
Brett
FreestyleCab

Return to Electrical