Airconditioning Thermo Fan connector

Re: Airconditioning Thermo Fan connector

Postby NowForThe5th on Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:30 pm

har05l wrote:The fan was difficult to try and fix in so I just squeezed it into place and fitted off with a few cable ties. Dodgy yes but it's not going anywhere and the fan has enough clearance as to not touch the fins and it works a treat

Dodgy? That's being kind. :shock: :(

Looks like the betting is now on which one will fail first. The engine, the trailer or the fan? My money's on the fan. :P
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby variflex on Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:48 pm

har05l wrote:Just finished this install but being tight I looked into the cheapest way of doing it.
The fan was difficult to try and fix in so I just squeezed it into place and fitted off with a few cable ties. Dodgy yes but it's not going anywhere and the fan has enough clearance as to not touch the fins and it works a treat. P.s, I'm gay

Did you bridge the pins with a paper clip instead of using a relay aswell :D
variflex

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:52 pm

Why are people so unkind?
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Mr Man on Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:00 pm

mad992 wrote:Yes they are hard to deal with and a right royal PitA , i had to take mine back like 3 times before they agreed that the air con was not right , Please dont let them tell YOU that it is within spec because thats just an excuse hoping you will go away.

Yeah, even the young fella who was working behind the counter said the warranty guy is a "grumpy old bast*rd"
Mr Man

Postby als1200 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:28 pm

Purchased a second hand fan assy off a 2014 challenger. $145. Forgot to grab a relay from work :roll:
But at least the hard part is done :D 10mins work.
Will test tomorrow.

Thanks to the members that put up these great ideas.
Your help is appreciated!
als1200

Postby moses on Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:58 am

Click to view larger picture
moses
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mike72 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:42 pm

How do you contact Garrett? I am struggling to find any contact details. Cheers
mike72

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:47 pm

mike72 wrote:How do you contact Garrett? I am struggling to find any contact details. Cheers

You click this link and then use the aliexpress contact seller function as I understand it

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Air-Condition-Condenser-Fan-Motor-Shroud-for-Mitsubishi-Pajero-Sport-Challenger-K-W-Pickup-Triton-L200/1552805266.html
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby koshari on Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:58 am

got caught in traffic in melb the other hot day, remembered this being discussed a while back, so pulled the trigger on the aliexpress link,

thanks for the link dave. :D :D

i also dont have the plug wired so i picked up the trigger at the place dave suggested,

my advice based on daves initial install ;

-remove the 2 screws holding the fuse compartment in place,

-disconnect the 2 plastic anchors that hold the part of the loom with the 12 connector (2x6) plug and socket attached to the wheel arch, you can do this by squeezing the 2 white plastic anchors that penetrate the wheel archs outer barbs accessable from within the wheel arch below.
Then the anchors can be pulled back into the engine bay away from the when arch, this will enable you to unplug the connector and gain access to a decent amount of loom to splice your trigger from the blue and white wire. took me about 15 mins to access strip back a portion of wire, re-tape up and reassemble the connector and the fuse panel.
YMMV.

Now all I need to do is find a different place to mount my shower pump that has resides there before the fan arrives.
koshari

Postby koshari on Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:02 pm

fan turned up today, now fitted :) ,
koshari

Postby mad992 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:48 am

whats the verdict mate :!:
mad992

Postby koshari on Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:52 pm

mad992 wrote:whats the verdict mate :!:

Click to view larger picture
price- good
postage- excelent
fit and quality- excelent
effectiveness- havnt been caught in traffic yet, coming home the AC was working well with 36 outside but then again i never really had any issue whist driving, its really only when caught in traffic in the city,
koshari

Postby 08glxr on Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:21 am

Pretty sure this has been covered before. People sourced fan from alibaba
08glxr

Postby pf1 on Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:01 pm

I just installed a (Mitsubishi supplied) condenser fan. Appears to work, but can someone advise as to whether the fan is supposed to supply fresh air to the condenser, or extract hot air from the condenser. When I turn on the A/C, the fan is drawing/extracting/sucking air from the condenser, to the front of the car, and not the other way round. Is this correct?

Seems logical, if the vehicle is stationary, but not so logical, if the vehicle is moving...

Thanks.
pf1

Postby snowman on Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:15 pm

pf1 wrote:I just installed a (Mitsubishi supplied) condenser fan. Appears to work, but can someone advise as to whether the fan is supposed to supply fresh air to the condenser, or extract hot air from the condenser. When I turn on the A/C, the fan is drawing/extracting/sucking air from the condenser, to the front of the car, and not the other way round. Is this correct?

Seems logical, if the vehicle is stationary, but not so logical, if the vehicle is moving...

Thanks.

Should be blowing through condenser mate. (i.e. to the rear of the car). Sounds like the wiring polarity is wrong.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Tony on Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:27 pm

As snowy said, polarity is incorrect. Be an easy fix on DC motor. 8-)
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Postby variflex on Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:30 pm

I would have to wonder how the polarity could be incorrect if its the Mitsubishi supplied fan, plugged into the Mitsubishi connector,
i wonder if your just feeling some air bouncing back at you,
Would suggest watching the fan on initial startup and verifying the direction it's spinning,
certainly not discrediting Tony or Snowman as the chances are they are correct but best be sure before you start chopping wiring
variflex

Postby pf1 on Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:03 pm

Thanks for the replies. I'll leave it for now (can't pull it apart again today). Will see how it goes. If there are any cooling issues, I'll pull the fan out, and run it unmounted, to confirm airflow direction.
pf1

Postby Tony on Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:14 pm

variflex wrote:I would have to wonder how the polarity could be incorrect if its the Mitsubishi supplied fan, plugged into the Mitsubishi connector,
Would suggest watching the fan on initial startup and verifying the direction it's spinning,
certainly not discrediting Tony or Snowman as the chances are they are correct but best be sure before you start chopping wiring

Very valid point variflex, perhaps note what direction blades are turning when starting up or shutting down. When running be hard to tell unless you poke something in. That would be a bad idea. :lol:

I would also be surprised a genuine plug and play item be incorrect for its application.
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Postby snowman on Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:16 pm

pf1 wrote:Thanks for the replies. I'll leave it for now (can't pull it apart again today). Will see how it goes. If there are any cooling issues, I'll pull the fan out, and run it unmounted, to confirm airflow direction.

mate it should not be a big deal to check.

i think it runs with AC condensor so look through your grille with a torch and wait for the start up as it should cycle.

if it is blowing the wrong way and you put your hand in front of it you will know! they move a lot of air. :lol: :lol:
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby explorer.dave on Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:07 pm

variflex wrote:I would have to wonder how the polarity could be incorrect if its the Mitsubishi supplied fan, plugged into the Mitsubishi connector,

I don't believe he actually stated that he used the connector, has he hard wired this and mixed polarity? would be interesting if he did use the connector though.
Better to be silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.[

[b]Penrith Panthers 2021..Finally :roll:

Posts should be like mini skirts, long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting
explorer.dave
Platinum Subscriber

Postby variflex on Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:52 pm

explorer.dave wrote:

I don't believe he actually stated that he used the connector, has he hard wired this and mixed polarity? would be interesting if he did use the connector though.

Fair point you raise there big fella, I must say I just assumed being the factory made fan it was fitted to the factory plug, could certainly we'll have not used the factory plugs and be a simple reverse polarity,

However I'm sure between all our responses this issue will be solved pretty quickly
variflex

Postby koshari on Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:23 pm

I use a strip of paper to check fan directions at work. Same trick would be suitable for checking these fans.
I initially thought mine was running the wrong way as you get a lot of turbulance around the fans grill. Turned out it was going the correct way with red wire to posative.
koshari

Postby ag9111 on Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:12 pm

use a flat sheet of paper on the grill side of the fan. It should suck against the fan if going the correct way.
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Postby DrewXT on Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:01 pm

We compared his fan directions and both the engine fan and AC fan blow towards the front of the car when operating... The Mitsi fan has been connected using the genuine relay and loom...

We then compared it with my Amarok, which blows under bonnet air in the same direction - from engine bay outwards through the front grille...

Doesn't really seem logical though, especially when the vehicle is moving, as the hot air will be getting pushed back into the engine bay
DrewXT

PreviousNext

Return to Electrical