Electric window problem

Electric window problem

Postby Raccoontriton on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:26 am

Well i just typed a big long explanation of the issue i had with my clunking and subsequent jammed drivers side electric wiindow. and i lost it trying to submit it... Hate that.
So in short mine started clunking, then a couple weeks later after getting worse the window came right out of the front track and jammed half way open..
So after being told id have to wait the best part of a week with an unlockable car that cant be left out in the rain (and its been raining alot) I decided to have a look myself.

So off with the door trim (expect a few broken plastic clips)
I found one of the 2 bolts that hold a 200-250mm horizontal metal slider rail in place had come out and was sitting inside the door panel.
couldnt seem to get enough freeplay to slip the front edge of the window back in its rail so...
the trick is to unbolt the loose rail completely and then angle the window to about 45 degress forward, its narrowest angle, allowing each side to be popped back in.
Once back in, bolt the horizontal bar back in and bobs your aunty...
Works good as new now.
Hope this helps someone out in a jam... All thats really needed is a phillips screwdriver and a small 10mm ratchet and a bit of time.
Just try not to tear up the plastic liner sheet..
Raccoontriton

Re: Electric window problem

Postby GadgetMN on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:48 pm

Had the same clunking noises start in my drivers side and the servicing never heard it and said that it all looked normal...
Gradually got worse and worse then on a subsequent visit, they saw the loose bolt...
Easy fix before big problems!
GadgetMN

Postby Banger on Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:49 pm

Love this forum.......

Have had this issue with my drivers door and found this advise, Guess what same issue loose bolt, have changed the bolt to a nyloc so fingers crossed it wont happen again

Many thanks
Banger

Postby Duck on Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:01 am

Banger wrote:Love this forum.......

Have had this issue with my drivers door and found this advise, Guess what same issue loose bolt, have changed the bolt to a nyloc so fingers crossed it wont happen again

Many thanks

Yep pretty good spot to find help for sure.
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Return to Electrical