Rear power window 'guillotine'

Rear power window 'guillotine'

Postby tryhard on Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:26 pm

Hi blokes

Pick the guy with too little to do ..

It occurred to me the rear power window doesn't have the same safety features as the other power windows in the triton - ie. if you give it a strong flick upwards when open, it will shut continuously. I tested it with a bit of cauliflower (that's all I could find other than my finger!) and it did a good job of chopping it up if you were silly enough to have something in the window at the time you or someone else flicked the switch. I have our 3 year old daughter in the back seat, and 2 fairly stupid boxer dogs in the tray - any one of these 3 is capable of sticking something in the window when it's on its way up and you'd have to be quick to realise and hit the switch in time.

I'm surprised Mitsubishi made it like that because I thought auto-shutting was a bit of a no-no these days. I think it has the potential to be dangerous. I wonder if changing the way the switch is wired is possible so that the button has to be held in order to shut ?

BTW if anyone hasn't had a chance to read the manual, if you only softly click the switch up (like half a click) the window shuts only as far as the 'ventilation' position.

Cheers
Carl
---

MY10 MN GLX-R 2.5 DiD Auto gunmetal grey
tryhard

Re: Rear power window 'guillotine'

Postby Install on Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:31 pm

Mine will not shut if anything is in the way ( heads, fingers or lengths of electrical conduit) it will return to the fully open position. I only have fully open or fully closed but it will stop if you have your hand there as soon as it feels any pressure against it.
If you're in control, you ain't going fast enuff!
Install

Postby subi_man on Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:26 pm

Same as Install, one of the kids had their fingers in when it closed one day and it instantly opened (right about when she started to whinge... LOUDLY) :twisted:
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby Eelesy on Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:15 pm

same here too, ive tried it and mine opens fully again, try it with ur hand... instead or the cauliflower... go on, i dare ya! :twisted:
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Postby tryhard on Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:24 pm

Thanks blokes - geez the missus is gonna be spewing I chopped up half a cauli for nothing. Alright, 2 more glasses of red tonight and I am gonna go use the fingers instead of the veges. If I can still type later tonight, I'll let you know how I went ;-)
---

tryhard

Postby Buzzy on Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:25 pm

tryhard wrote:Thanks blokes - geez the missus is gonna be spewing I chopped up half a cauli for nothing. Alright, 2 more glasses of red tonight and I am gonna go use the fingers instead of the veges. If I can still type later tonight, I'll let you know how I went ;-)

LMAO thats the way get pissed you wont feel a thing :lol:
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby tryhard on Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:34 pm

Righto blokes, confirmed, pissed or otherwise, you can stick your appendages in the rear window and it won't chop 'em off. Keep your veges in the fridge and comfortably stick a finger in there :)

Sorry for raising a safety problem that wasn't ! At least now I have a party trick (knowing my luck the sensor will break at the party I decide to use something I can't afford to lose :shock: )
---

tryhard

Postby jop on Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:39 pm

Gotta love this forum people willing to put their manhood on the line for others safety.

This time we'll let you off without picks to prove it :shock:

Another glass of wine, a teaspoon of concrete and out you go big fella :twisted:

Mark
jop

Postby tryhard on Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:43 pm

Honest it was only a finger in this initial test phase ;) Besides, it's dark, and I think a zoom lens need some ambient light :roll: ... if mine is lost, it'll be at the hands of the missus wielding a blunt rusty steak knife ...
---

tryhard

Postby subi_man on Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:59 pm

:lol: :lol: this thread is GOLD, thanks tryhard, I so needed a laugh today
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby Eelesy on Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:32 am

I may be wrong, but i think i remember reading once in the service/tech manual that if there is something placed in the rear window that causes it it auto wind down three times in a row, it resets the memory of knowing where to stop, ie; for the ventilation opening only.

ive since changed computers and i dont have the online manual anymore. maybe someone can look it up :?:
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Postby Wallace on Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:13 pm

A man and a woman were driving down the road, arguing about his infidelity when suddenly the woman reached over and cut the man's penis off and tossed it out the window.

Driving behind the couple was a man and his 8-year-old daughter. The girl was chatting away to her father when all of a sudden the penis splattered into their car windshield, stuck for a moment, then disappeared over the roof.

Surprised, the daughter asked her father, 'Daddy, what was that?'

Shocked, but not wanting to expose his little girl to anything sexual at such a young age, the father replied, 'It....it was only a bug, Honey.'

The daughter sat with a confused look on her face, and after a moment said.................

'Had a big dick, didn't it?'
The loneless road is the one you walk alone
Support Beyondblue
You never know when you will need the help.
Wallace

Postby tryhard on Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:40 pm

Tritonasaurus wrote:I may be wrong, but i think i remember reading once in the service/tech manual that if there is something placed in the rear window that causes it it auto wind down three times in a row, it resets the memory of knowing where to stop, ie; for the ventilation opening only.

ive since changed computers and i dont have the online manual anymore. maybe someone can look it up :?:

That must be right, 'cos showing off my newfound talent, I noticed the window changed for a while to having three auto stop points. It's since gone back to normal since I promised not to keep doing unsavoury things in it :)
---

tryhard

Postby Eelesy on Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:15 pm

i went to wind the rear window down for the first time in ages today and i noticed that it no longer had its two "memory" spots :?:

i had to hold the button down to wind it all the way down then all the way up and hey presto, its fixed.

not sure why it did it as i havnt been putting objects in there? but oh well its ok now. anyone else experienced this?
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Postby Naff on Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:54 pm

Have you disconnected your battery for an extended period of time? Sometimes that was enough to do it in other vehicles.
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Eelesy on Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:29 pm

Yea thats what i put it down to. prob while i was pissfarting around installing the computer and stuff
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Return to Electrical