OBD reader/scanners

Re: OBD reader/scanners

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri May 20, 2016 10:31 pm

I haven't, but out of interest have you also downloaded the MUT3 plugin thing? I saw that in the app store and wondered if it might help get a more accurate reading of something like that.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby mickl on Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:59 pm

I recently got an ELM device and have set it up and have it working on my android tablet. I'm just wondering what things specifically I should be watching. I'm mainly going to be using it when towing a 2.5T van to keep an eye on things.

If anyone can advise the most crucial things to watch and also what the max values for each one I should be seeing before worrying that would be great.

I'm not sure if it makes a difference but car is a 2011 GLX-R with 3 inch and has been tuned and has EGR block. I have an EGT guage and boost gauge on the pillar already.

TIA.
mickl

Postby gunn parker on Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:33 pm

I'm looking at an OBD scanner and found this one It says to make sure the protocols suit my car which is a 2010. Can anyone tell me if it is suitable or where to find the protocols?

cheers
gunn parker

Postby lgd on Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:24 pm

This was in a previous post.
ISO 15765-CAN (11bit 500k baud).
I used to be uncertain but lately I'm not so sure.
lgd

Postby gunn parker on Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:55 pm

Thanks.
gunn parker

Postby lgd on Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:55 am

I have purchased a OBDlink LX dongle but after reading of all the problems with set up and self generating error codes have had second thoughts about fitting one.
Do we have any good news accounts of people who are happy with this set up?
Cheers
I used to be uncertain but lately I'm not so sure.
lgd

Postby grox on Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:56 pm

Regarding Torque Pro ldg as long as you change to the ISO 15765 CAN (11bit 500k baud) mentioned above you should not have any problem . Until I did this you could generate a few mainly related to auto transmission. For example turning engine off with torque connected and then on always a code . Now no codes at all . Also don't tick the send max information rate.
With the help and work done on the Pajero site hopefully I have the right equation to measure transmission temp for ml triton auto v4a51. It worked today but want to check . Not sure if it has 2 measurements like prado one in sump one in converter and which one it measures. Until I edited the formula plus PID and changed it just copied coolant. Reving the engine with it in drive and brake on the temp climbed and after a short drive was pretty confidant in the reading . It only worked in drive and reverse from memory. I only have the cheap eBay $10 elm Bluetooth and still learning about torque pro but so far it's great. If it accurately measures trans temp plus all the other gauges I have everything I need for about $20.
grox

Postby AndrewQ on Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:04 pm

I just purchased an EDS scan tool. It says it displays fuel rail pressure (FRP) however I cannot find the readout for this on the display. I have a 2013 MN GLXR.

Anyone else got one of these?
2013 MN GLXR Auto
AndrewQ

Postby thebaton on Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:50 pm

Are any of the cheaper OBD or android bluetooth apps able to adjust the idle speed?
thebaton

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:26 pm

thebaton wrote:Are any of the cheaper OBD or android bluetooth apps able to adjust the idle speed?

Adjust? No.
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Postby Dadandson on Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:22 am

Notice this is an old thread, but just looking for some info on the OBD2 port.
I have just acquired a 2015, MN 2.5 turbo diesel. As the speedo is out, I have installed a HUD unit that uses the OBD port to access the cars feed for Speed, temp, and volts.
Am interested is getting a blue tooth OBD2 reader, but will need to arrange/rig a second OBD2 port to use it, or go with out the HUD.
What I'm asking, is can you buy a lead that will do this for me??

Thanks in advance for any and all info.
Dadandson

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:14 pm

You can buy splitters from ebay. i have never used or seen one so cant comment.

maybe others have?
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Postby Minza on Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:39 pm

Dadandson,
Like Dibby said, get an obd2 splitter and you we be able to run both items, I've been using one for the last couple of years to run my throttle controller and ultra gauge with no problems, lots on Ebay and range in price, get a good one for what you can afford. Hope this helps.
Minza

Postby V6 Petrol on Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:30 am

Dadandson - I have installed a HUD unit that uses the OBD port to access the cars feed for Speed, temp, and volts.

Can i ask what HUD unit you installed, can you post link to unit if possible

thanks
V6 Petrol with faulty temp gauge? still trying to figure why the high in dash reading
1st ute - 2nd owner! :D
V6 Petrol

Postby V6 Petrol on Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:18 pm

V6 Petrol wrote:
Dadandson - I have installed a HUD unit that uses the OBD port to access the cars feed for Speed, temp, and volts.

Can i ask what HUD unit you installed, can you post link to unit if possible

thanks
V6 Petrol with faulty temp gauge? still trying to figure why the high in dash reading
all good - temp gauge fixed :D
V6 Petrol

Previous

Return to Electrical