Air con & blower

Re: Air con & blower

Postby ralphie on Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:49 am

NowForThe5th wrote:If the fan can be heard then the switch must be working. But if it can be heard but not felt then there must be a problem with the airflow.

Things to check:
- Blockage in inlet
- Blocked cabin filter
- A flap that controls air direction may be loose or not connected properly, such that only when airflow is high does air travel out and through the vents. This would be my first guess.

hi, I have just change the cabin filter and still does it, this problem is giving the shits and happens more when its hotter. thinking about it when the A/C is involved could it be switches??? when it working well its brilliant then no matter what fan speed setting is on the switch, it feels the is no higher than 1or 2 speed. If you turn off the truck/car it start flowing like normal then there is minimal flow through the vent but like i said before that you can still hear the fan going fast in its housing
ralphie

Re: Fan speed control resistor

Postby ralphie on Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:58 am

RHKTriton wrote:Have you removed the fan?

Might be crud jamming it. (If you don't have a cabin filter in place)

Need to check continuity of fan - might have an open circuit. I've had one of the brushes stuck on a previous vehicle and wasn't pushing on the commutator anymore.

The resistor module can go faulty - so also probably needs to come out for a look.

The plug going into the resistor should get 12v on the respective wires activated in each speed position.

Can you change the brusches on the fan ?
ralphie

Postby ralphie on Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:48 am

NowForThe5th wrote:If the fan can be heard then the switch must be working. But if it can be heard but not felt then there must be a problem with the airflow.

Things to check:
- Blockage in inlet
- Blocked cabin filter
- A flap that controls air direction may be loose or not connected properly, such that only when airflow is high does air travel out and through the vents. This would be my first guess.

I took out the pollen filter and noticed that there was still a decrease in air flow??? No blockage to the inlet and the cabin i took out the fan and vacumed as far up as you can get?? next change fan blower relay!
ralphie

Postby RHKTriton on Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:19 am

If you've got a pollen filter, it's unlikely to have junk downstream blocking up airflow. I'd be taking out the resistor pack for a proper inspection. From here you can also check out the switch via the resistor wiring.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby ralphie on Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:39 pm

RHKTriton wrote:If you've got a pollen filter, it's unlikely to have junk downstream blocking up airflow. I'd be taking out the resistor pack for a proper inspection. From here you can also check out the switch via the resistor wiring.

[color=#000080]Well Guess what I did after work today took a part my dash apart it took about 30mins.once I pulled the dash apart the switches are in one cluster when I pulled the loomes off guess what? the fan loom had a bad connection ( I wish that I could show you the photo's) but yes that was the problem the switch loom??
ralphie

Postby ralphie on Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:36 am

ralphie wrote:
RHKTriton wrote:If you've got a pollen filter, it's unlikely to have junk downstream blocking up airflow. I'd be taking out the resistor pack for a proper inspection. From here you can also check out the switch via the resistor wiring.

[color=#000080]Well Guess what I did after work today took a part my dash apart it took about 30mins.once I pulled the dash apart the switches are in one cluster when I pulled the loomes off guess what? the fan loom had a bad connection ( I wish that I could show you the photo's) but yes that was the problem the switch loom??

look at this link
https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/newre ... y&p=331474
ralphie

Postby RHKTriton on Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:33 am

Good outcome ralphie.

A stealer could probably have sucked $500 out of your pocket to find that. :lol:
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby ralphie on Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:07 am

RHKTriton wrote:Good outcome ralphie.

A stealer could probably have sucked $500 out of your pocket to find that. :lol:

Half of that m8
ralphie

Previous

Return to Electrical