Canopy alarm sensor

Canopy alarm sensor

Postby maxtriton on Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:02 pm

Hi all, wondering if anyones has an alarm installed with sensor/s in the canopy area?
Had two locks tampered with so far once even when tray was empty???
Now paranoid to leave vehicle, just returned from Tassie and whilst at a Queenstown Pub for lunch
some %^&$^ tried to jimmy one of the locks with all camping gear in the back, not happy.
Any ideas?
maxtriton

Re: Canopy alarm sensor

Postby Eelesy on Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:04 pm

A 240V inverter and a stripped extension lead attached to the inside of the handles?? :twisted:
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Postby Iron_eagle70 on Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:41 pm

When I had my alarm fitted I had a sensor fitted to the canopy too along with a servo that locks the canopy with the key button. So is no problem to do to. Just depends on how many sensors and what type you have to put on and your alarm's capabilities I guess.
Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow
Iron_eagle70

Postby maxtriton on Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:48 pm

Alarm on the menu lads with vibration sensor recommended as well as in tray sensor. According to Flexiglass smashing canopy glass is the most common way crooks gain entry so hopefully vibration sensor kicks in before anythings grabbed... I've heavily tinted the canopy now and cabin glass, cant see a thing from outside (new pics on profile).
maxtriton

Return to Electrical