steering wheel control?

steering wheel control?

Postby djtonyd on Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:10 am

can anyone help with a problem i have a 2013 MN dual cab triton that only has the cruise control buttons on the right side of the steering wheel, now am i able to get after market audio & bluetooth controls from a steering wheel from the wreckers to install in or do i have to get someone to install a whole new steering wheel because of the air bag etc.. ?
djtonyd

Re: steering wheel control?

Postby harvster on Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:18 am

You can do it yourself, I did it on my 2012 MN. I bought the cover with the buttons from eBay.

From memory that's the only part I had to buy. If you search steering wheel controls, I'm sure you'll find the info, that's how I managed to sort it out.

When I get back to my desktop I'll see what I can find, and post the links, can't do it on this tablet
harvster
Platinum Subscriber

Postby jrs184 on Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:50 pm

I have an 06 Ml and would like to install cruise control after market or OEM, which is the best way to go, there are units on E bay for about $400 are these ok, ta for advice in advance thanks John.
jrs184

Postby djtonyd on Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:31 pm

here is the steering wheel iam looking at, so i would simply rip the controls off this and install into mine would i also have to disconnect the air bag plate??
what steps did you take?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MITSUBISHI- ... 1438.l2649
djtonyd

Return to Electrical