New Member and IDRIVE question

New Member and IDRIVE question

Postby jstoeckli on Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:10 am

Gday Fellow Triton heads, my name's Jeremy from Upwey Victoria and just got an MN triton with 50k on it a couple of weeks back. Coming from a soggy old rodeo its been a pretty nice upgrade!

I am considering the Idrive controller but wanted to ask if there was anyone around the south east suburbs of Melbourne who had one and would let me try before i buy??

I know its a big ask but all you can do is ask and I just want to see how notable the difference is.

Anyway, thanks for reading and have a great day!
jstoeckli

Re: New Member and IDRIVE question

Postby WUNSIE on Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:18 pm

Based on a MQ belonging to the service manager he let me take for a spin around the block, with the I drive installed, it did offer good pick up compared to my std MQ, and yes the dealer I go to has no problem with Catch Cans, Secondary filters, I Drives etc, only frown upon lift kits as they kill CV joints
WUNSIE

Re: New Member and IDRIVE question

Postby Sky Miner on Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:46 pm

I put a I-Drive on my MQ drop side 2wd a couple of weeks ago n so far it's much nicer to drive and more responsive ;) it doesn't take the lag away it's just not as notable, set it at 2 1/2 any higher and it just wants to lay rubber round every corner :roll: still good value i reckon.
Ever noticed if somebody is driving slower than you is an idiot,
and anyone going faster than you is also an idiot?
Sky Miner

Return to Electrical