Dual Battery Behind Rear Seats Wiring

Dual Battery Behind Rear Seats Wiring

Postby dejamls007 on Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:53 am

I have a MR 2019 Dual Cab - I am going to put slim type AGM battery behind rear seat. Got all the bits I need. However, I am looking for advice from anyone who knows best way to run wire out (3b&S 25mm2 x 2) out from behind rear seat location through floor. Any tips i.e. best place to run it out, drill hole? Cheers
dejamls007

Re: Dual Battery Behind Rear Seats Wiring

Postby NowForThe5th on Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:25 am

There are a number of rubber grommets in the area of the rear seat that can be used for running cable in/out of the cab. However, for cable this thick (why do you need it so thick?) a normal grommet is unlikely to remain waterproof, so the better solution is to use waterproof cable glands. These will require holes drilled for the specific size, so you can put them anywhere you like, although, down the bottom at the rear of the cab is probably the best, most protected spot.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby RHKTriton on Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:14 am

Curious why such a heavy cable?

Also consider the additional weight, if it's a few runs, including the fittoff hardware.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby cruiserpete on Sat May 09, 2020 6:06 pm

I'm looking into a dual battery set up and I'm also considering wire size and battery size. Having completely rewired my previous sailboat, the correct choice of wire size is vitally important, as are other factors such as fuse location and size to name a few.
I'd like to see pictures of the setup if possible as I'm thinking of a 2nd battery setup, as well.
cruiserpete

Return to Electrical