Redarc Tow Pro brake controller install in MN

Redarc Tow Pro brake controller install in MN

Postby Garz on Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:34 pm

Hi all,

Have been going through the forums looking for assistance in installing a Redarc Tow Pro elite 3 electric brake controller in a MN triton. Someone installed one in a different model in the passenger foot well behind the ecu.
Can someone suggest location of unit and what cables to tap into to supply the brake cable input and brake cable output. I have a genuine mitsubishi tow bar and rectangular 7 pin plug that was installed at the mitsubishi from new.

Thanks in advance
Garz

Re: Redarc Tow Pro brake controller install in MN

Postby sambrandis on Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:22 pm

Hi mate, I bought a piece of ‘L’ shaped aluminium from Bunnings and attached the tow-pro to it. I then attached the ‘L’ shaped aluminium with tow-pro attached to the 2 bolts directly above the fuse box to the right of the steering wheel.

I simply measured the distance between the bolts, drilled 2 holes in the ‘L’ shaped bracket, unbolted the 2 bolts above the fuse box (they’re on a big silver metal thing) and slid the tow pro and bracket on and replaced the bolts. The Tow pro sits upside down but it can be mounted in any orientation. I then picked up the brake line from the passengers side kick panel, ran the blue line to trailer plug and Pos and Neg to battery. I used the blank switch to the right of the steering wheel for the remote head. Looks tidy as
sambrandis

Return to Electrical