Airbag Warning Light

Re: Airbag Warning Light

Postby tondo12 on Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:24 am

Took my car in yesterday to have the airbag light fixed. The light had been on constantly for 2weeks. Dropped it off it was on, the service guy took my car. Got a phone call 4 hours later saying the mechanics looked at the car and the light is no longer on. Ran test etc and no fault.
Im a little concerned, are they able to over write codes to xlear them with no fix? I'm a little suss about it all. Entire week everyday they light was on. Then it happens to turm off when a mechanic looks at it.
tondo12

Postby baito on Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:53 am

They would have cleared the code, if it goes they give the car back, if it can't be cleared they order a new loom, mine has been at dealers for 2 weeks, pArts came in yest and should be ready friday
baito

Postby oldplodder on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:08 pm

OK, just had the SRS airbag waring light come on for the 3rd time last weekend.
Cleared a week ago, and new looms ordered, 3 to 4 weeks delivery.
I was told by the dealer if it comes on again to ring them straight away.
They can orgainse an emergency loom.
Rang them late Monday, emergency loom will be 2 to 3 days, instead of the normal 3 to 4 weeks.
Got a phone call late yesterday (Tues), looms (top and bottom) have arrived.
If I want a replacement vehicle (hire car at Mitsubishi expense), can be done next Monday.
Have it booked in tomorrow (Thursday), pick up Friday, no replacement vehicle, but I know I will have it ready for holidays!

I call that Mitsubishi support and dealer support.
(Yeah, I know, shouldn't have wrong in the first place!)
oldplodder
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Pearcie45 on Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:42 pm

What is involved in replacing the looms? Do they have to pull the trim apart etc?
MN MY13 GLX-R - Silver - Rear Diff Lock - Rhino Lining Tub Liner - GME TX3100 UHF - Tinted Bonnet Protector - Basha 3mm Bash Plates
Pearcie45

Postby baito on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:33 pm

Mine has been done, they rang me today so I'm picking it up in the morning, hopefully the light stays off cheers
baito

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:47 pm

Depends if it is the floor or the roof or both. But if they do the whole thing then seats, centre console and carpet all come out I think. And the headliner comes off for the roof one I would expect.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby baito on Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:35 am

Cowboy Dave wrote:Depends if it is the floor or the roof or both. But if they do the whole thing then seats, centre console and carpet all come out I think. And the headliner comes off for the roof one I would expect.

Just got mine back today, they did both top and bottom harnesses so here is hoping I don't get anymore srs lights
baito

Postby dazza_241 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:30 am

Still haven't got mine fixed yet....have been phoned twice by service saying the parts are in but really they weren't in... :roll:
No one can tell me how long the wait is till this magical harness arrives as they are on back order with no eta....even more frustrating when you have a pregnant wife who will not step foot in the car without an air bag. :roll:
I am hoping the latest reset will last for longer than two days before the light comes back on...crossing everything that it stays off over the xmas break!
dazza_241

Postby Neil on Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:22 pm

PM sent Dazza
Neil

Postby Pearcie45 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:45 pm

That's no good dazza. My wife is the same, although not pregnant won't hop in it while the light is on. Which is understandable. I was told by mitsubishi that the light being on doesnt guarantee they won't go off, just that that may not go off in am accident.

Here's hoping whole they check the codes they reset it and it stays away for at least a few days over new years!
MN MY13 GLX-R - Silver - Rear Diff Lock - Rhino Lining Tub Liner - GME TX3100 UHF - Tinted Bonnet Protector - Basha 3mm Bash Plates
Pearcie45

Postby Lunny on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:05 pm

I picked up my car from Mitsubishi today after having my balance shaft and timing belt changed to find the air bag light was on... Back in and they have cleared it.. Have said they will call tomorrow to organise replacement loom
Lunny
Lunny

Postby tondo12 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:47 am

tondo12 wrote:Took my car in yesterday to have the airbag light fixed. The light had been on constantly for 2weeks. Dropped it off it was on, the service guy took my car. Got a phone call 4 hours later saying the mechanics looked at the car and the light is no longer on. Ran test etc and no fault.
Im a little concerned, are they able to over write codes to xlear them with no fix? I'm a little suss about it all. Entire week everyday they light was on. Then it happens to turm off when a mechanic looks at it.

So they fixed it on Tuesday. Went for a drive today and the light and is now back on. This is becoming a pain in the.
tondo12

Postby NICK+ on Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:27 am

Hi not been on here for a while--2006 ML GLX-R D cab, only 68+000km, flat battery--bloody positive cable was so short it was a drama to get it back on new + bat terminal, bit of a struggle and I think I got A spike.

Anyway so my SRS light is on now, so looked in the book to find where the fuse was and found out it is under the console, got a disability so don't drive much,thought I'd leave it till I felt up to the task.
So having a good day today--thought I'd pull the console out to have a look at the fuse--well 2 of them actually---both are fine Hhhmmmm :?:

So disconnected the battery for a while and hoped that would help--NAh- Bugger.

Sort of forgot I was a member here so found this thread and started reading :o CRIKEY!

This is as bad as the inlet manifold (clogging up with carbon crap) thread from a few years ago,had mine done at 60,000 by the way, well now I'm worried about going to a Mits dealer to ask if they can clear the code, can't be having them say they have to impound my car coz its unroadworthy or coz its out of warranty its gonna cost me huge dollars to put in a new clock spring.

I just havn"t got that kind of money being out of work with back probs.

At least I learn a lot when I come onto this forum to research something about my truck-- :lol:

Don"t know what I'll do now-- might just put everything back together and hope its just a low voltage code and won't cost me big bucks :!:
NICK+

Postby FreestyleCab on Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:37 am

@Nick+

If it's the clock spring the dealer may say that Mitsubishi will supply the part for free and you just pay for the labour (should be around $150), persist with them and ask if Mitsubishi can pay for everything as it is a known common problem.
I was 6 months out of warranty and only 80000 km on the ute when my clock spring went. I have a feeling that the dealer I went to was probably fully reimbursed by Mitsubishi Australia and still charged me for the labour. Just keep asking the dealer to confer with Mitsubishi on a good faith full warranty repair on it as your ute has done less than 70000 km.
Brett
FreestyleCab

airbag warning light due to unplugging stuff

Postby dieselweasel on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:00 pm

Hello,

Today I took half the dash off to get the stock head unit out and fit a boost gauge, me being the inexperienced type with working on cars, there was a yellow wired red and green connector above the glove compartment. I unclipped this and now I think that it's responsible for an airbag light on the dash that won't go out.

I've tried disconnecting the battery but no luck, I did however only pull the negative terminal off as there is a million things attached to the positive.

Any ideas how to turn the warning off?

Thanks

Neil
Proud owner of 'Wheelbarrow'
dieselweasel

Re: airbag warning light due to unplugging stuff

Postby Mitsu0069 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:04 pm

It may reset itself, but more than likely you will need to go to a dealer or a mechanic with a scan tool to remove the code/warning light.
Mitsu0069
Platinum Subscriber

Re: airbag warning light due to unplugging stuff

Postby dieselweasel on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:16 pm

Thanks mate, I had a feeling this would be the case.

Does this mean the bag won't deploy until the light has gone?
Proud owner of 'Wheelbarrow'
dieselweasel

Postby Mitsu0069 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:42 pm

Im not sure on that one, best get it looked at asap, so we don't find out the hard way. :)
Mitsu0069
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:01 pm

I've certainly seen it suggested that the light effectively means they're turned off.

Cowboy Dave

Postby Neil on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:05 pm

Whoo pee, finally picked up the Triton today after it was at the dealership for 8 weeks. I had a hire car during this time paid for by Mitsubishi. Air Bag light is off!

Before it had a chance to go off again we whipped up to our Isuzu dealer who was holding our new D-Max on which we traded the Triton 9 weeks ago but couldn't be accepted until the light was off.

When we picked the Triton up I asked the service manager to confirm the cooling system had been checked & fixed under the <recall> as I requested when I dropped off the car 8 weeks ago....."oh, we haven't done that yet". WTF!

Thankfully I have now washed my hands of Mitsubishi. I used to praise my Triton to anyone that listened but no more.

Cheers Guys, nice talking to you all.
Neil

Postby dazza_241 on Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:07 pm

Sheesh I hope Newcastle mitsu are a bit more switched on then what u had Neil!!!
Mine is finally in there today getting the magical wiring harness added in.....as well as the radiator cap recall hopefully getting carried out. Lately its been sitting very nigh 90's....cant recall triple digits yet though.

As much as I would love to trade it in on something fancy and flash there is a soft spot for her... sure she has got a few gremlins but all in all it has been a pretty good ute! ;)

PS looking at that airbag light was sooooooooo bloody annoying! :lol:
dazza_241

faulty clock spring

Postby dinos4x4 on Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:54 pm

I have my air bag light is on and my horn doesn't work so I am guessing my clock spring is kaput.
Mitsubishi want $300 just for the part they can jam that, has anyone bought a replacement of ebay
dinos4x4

Postby Sootie on Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:45 am

dazza_241 wrote:Sheesh I hope Newcastle mitsu are a bit more switched on then what u had Neil!!!
Mine is finally in there today getting the magical wiring harness added in.....as well as the radiator cap recall hopefully getting carried out. Lately its been sitting very nigh 90's....cant recall triple digits yet though.

As much as I would love to trade it in on something fancy and flash there is a soft spot for her... sure she has got a few gremlins but all in all it has been a pretty good ute! ;)

PS looking at that airbag light was sooooooooo bloody annoying! :lol:

The newie dealer managed to replace mine without issue so you should be right mate.

Dont let them touch your brakes though :shock: apparently bleeding them after a fluid change is an optional item :roll:
Sootie

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:09 pm

Sootie wrote:
Dont let them touch your brakes though :shock: apparently bleeding them after a fluid change is an optional item :roll:

:shock: :o :shock: :o

I'm no mechanic but WTF? Sure there might not be air in the system but wouldn't you at least want to flush the old stuff out of your lines and replace it with the nice new fluid?

:shock: :o :shock: :o

Cowboy Dave

Postby oldplodder on Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:30 pm

Looms replaced/added mid December, still OK.
No issues at all.
oldplodder
Platinum Subscriber

PreviousNext

Return to Electrical