Airbag Warning Light

Re: Airbag Warning Light

Postby peterdeg on Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:45 pm

Floor and roof looms replaced.
At booking it was "3 days". At dropoff it was "2 days". They rang 8 hours later "it's ready" :shock: (They said they allow a 1/2 day per side.)

Also said they're doing lots of them and "it's a short somewhere in the loom"

So, fingers crossed.
Peter
2011 MN GLX-R manual.
Some pics here.
Build thread here.

4WD History: 2004 NP GLS Pajero DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL wagon. Learnt in a 1980 F100.
peterdeg
Platinum Subscriber

Postby har05l on Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:58 pm

Well I may have to ask the question also, my lights been on for a few weeks now but choose to ignore it :roll:
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby MilkmanDan on Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:59 pm

Sounds like I need to hurry this up, have heard if a lot getting theirs done in very short time. I think it's bullshit this is dragging on so long
MilkmanDan

Postby Sootie on Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:55 am

peterdeg wrote:Floor and roof looms replaced.
At booking it was "3 days". At dropoff it was "2 days". They rang 8 hours later "it's ready" :shock: (They said they allow a 1/2 day per side.)

Also said they're doing lots of them and "it's a short somewhere in the loom"

So, fingers crossed.

They are waiting for the loom to come in to do the same to mine mate :?
Sootie

Postby oldplodder on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:24 pm

MN 2012 GLX with diff lock and side airbags.
My air bag warning light came on the other day.
I had been looking at a few electrical items and blew the fuse on the warning system.
Disconnected the battery to try and clear it, no luck.
Scanguage didn't show any errors.
Dropped it off to the local dealer and the report is a low voltage warning, and they have reset it.
Warning light is now off.
No charge from the dealer, appreciate that.
oldplodder
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Mancation on Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:21 pm

SRS light on my 2011 came on and they need to replace the floor loom. No big deal under warranty, but 3 months lead time no stock in Japan. Seems a fleet wide issue. Long time to be without air bags.
Mancation

Postby FlyerOne on Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:26 pm

Yikes. Just noticed my airbag light on and came in to check if it is something which can be easily fixed. Looks like the answer is no and that it's a common problem with a lengthy wait time to fix. Awesome.
FlyerOne

Postby scottybevvo on Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:32 pm

Hi all.
To anyone experiencing this insufferable SRS issue, I suggest you make inquiries to your insurer on the matter as there is a strong possibility your insurance will be null and void driving with SRS light on. Mitsubishi and it's affiliates will be somewhat reluctant to divulge that info, strangely enough.
scottybevvo

Postby Mooons on Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:47 pm

Mooons wrote:Try Geelong mattyboy they are tops :D

Looks like it's my turn it was dropped off at Geelong tonight [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
When you point your finger cos your plan fell through
Theres three more fingers pointing back at you
Mooons
Platinum Subscriber

Postby snowman on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:09 pm

my MN airbag light came on at about 8000 klms........ currently at 10,000 klms and waiting for the first service. :roll:
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Shrek on Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:08 pm

My light has come on in my ML

I can get a clock spring from eBay for a reasonable price

Is it a easy job to replace...?

Any hints ....?
Shrek

Postby FlyerOne on Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:58 pm

I just this week had my clock spring replaced as my steering wheel radio controls were going mental, and they thought the clock spring was also the cause of the SRS light staying on.

As it turns out, it didn't fix the SRS light and they now tell me they are going to replace the roof and floor wiring looms for the air bags and that they will need the truck for 2 days to complete the task as the cab basically has to be striped out. This will be my 4th trip back for warranty work since I got the thing in July.
So disappointed with my purchase now. :(
FlyerOne

Postby aids84 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:21 pm

Shrek wrote:My light has come on in my ML

Any hints ....?

Yep pretty simple job, I did 3 of them today at work.

Disconnect battery. Removed 2x T30 torx screws from either side of the horn pad/airbag. Remove airbag and disconnect horn and airbag connector. Loosen 17mm nut in centre of wheel and work the steering wheel off, once it's loose take the nut off all the way and put the steering wheel aside. Removed the column shrouds (3x phillips screws underneath) and then you can removed the 2x phillips screws holding the clockspring on.

Putting it back together I found that it was sometimes difficult to get the metal tabs on the horn pad to line up with the threaded holes for the T30 torx screws. You need to push the tabs in towards the centre of the wheel while pushing the horn pad to get them into the correct position.
aids84
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Spearsyjr on Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:29 pm

My airbag light came on 2 or 3 weeks ago and has stayed on. And after reading through the posts about clock springs it got me thinking that maybe i broke my clock spring after a road rage incident i had about the same 2-3 weeks ago and smashed my fist on the steering wheel pretty hard. could this be the cause of my airbag light? clock spring sounds like a delicate instrument that could break easily from a blow to the steering wheel :shock:
I'm not saying that i AM Batman, i am just saying that no one has ever seen me and Batman in the same room
Spearsyjr

Postby Shrek on Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:11 pm

aids84 wrote:
Shrek wrote:My light has come on in my ML

Any hints ....?

Yep pretty simple job, I did 3 of them today at work.

Disconnect battery. Removed 2x T30 torx screws from either side of the horn pad/airbag. Remove airbag and disconnect horn and airbag connector. Loosen 17mm nut in centre of wheel and work the steering wheel off, once it's loose take the nut off all the way and put the steering wheel aside. Removed the column shrouds (3x phillips screws underneath) and then you can removed the 2x phillips screws holding the clockspring on.

Putting it back together I found that it was sometimes difficult to get the metal tabs on the horn pad to line up with the threaded holes for the T30 torx screws. You need to push the tabs in towards the centre of the wheel while pushing the horn pad to get them into the correct position.

thank you so much.... I ordered the Clock spring. :D :D :D
Shrek

Airbag warning light

Postby Banjora on Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:23 am

For at least the fourth time since buying the car new (MY10 MN), the airbag warning light has had to be reset.

The dealer tells me that the wiring loom is too tight and the connection keeps breaking. They reset it again yesterday at no cost and have ordered a replacement loom which should fix the issue once and for all. They are saying that they will recommend to Mitsubushi that it should be done at their cost even though the vehicle is out of warranty. However it is not guaranteed that Mitsubishi will accept this.

Has anyone on the forum had any similar experiences?
Banjora

Re: Airbag warning light

Postby Fruity on Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:43 am

in the shop again for the same thing right now.
Fruity

Re: Airbag warning light

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:39 am

Now here's as good a case as you'd ever find of someone not doing a search. I'll graft these 3 posts on the end of the best one I found which has let's see, exactly the same thread title and somewhere north of 140 posts....

Is it a common problem? You betcha. Why are you out of warranty with a 2010 model? High kms?

If they don't fix it under warranty there's something seriously wrong given how widespread the issue has become.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Vluchee on Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:51 pm

Yep we are going through the same problem now, The dealer cleared the fault light on Monday just gone and it came back Tuesday evening. Spoke with the dealer today, they are waiting for Mitsi Aust to get back to them. Apparently Mitsi Aust have put out a "Bulletin" on the issue.
Vluchee

Postby MilkmanDan on Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:09 pm

Mine is off being done and got a spankers lancer for 2 days. Also looking at drivers seat
MilkmanDan

Postby Vluchee on Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:54 pm

Spoke to the dealer today they have 300 wirelooms for the SRS on back order with no ETA, our car has been identified as one of many tritons with the faulty loom. Mitsi Aust will be supplying us with a car while our Triton sits in the Dealers carpark and rots in the sun waiting for the replacement loom. Im hoping they dont expect us to take 4cyl hatch as a loan, i will be slightly annoyed.
Vluchee

Postby snowman on Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:34 pm

the airbag light on my MN has been on for a couple of months now....... :lol: :lol: should i be worried about it. :? :? :?
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby MilkmanDan on Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:41 pm

All sorted and no more light, even got complimented on my stereo install lol. As for drivers seat movement 'is within spec for age' ah well can't win them all
MilkmanDan

Postby sv294 on Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:50 pm

Milkman I am getting my seat looked at also the dealer broke wll the plastic trims replacing the base and have now also scratched the car inside the door frame my seat has a lot of movement and creaks and groans like no ones business drives me insane
sv294

Postby sv294 on Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:54 pm

Milkman I am getting my seat looked at also the dealer broke wll the plastic trims replacing the base and have now also scratched the car inside the door frame my seat has a lot of movement and creaks and groans like no ones business drives me insane
sv294

PreviousNext

Return to Electrical