Airbag Warning Light

Re: Airbag Warning Light

Postby andriesvdv on Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:32 pm

Thanks CD, was looking for a solution, after removing driver seat without disconnecting battery.
andriesvdv

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:03 pm

Dealer or auto electrician I'd say. Or someone with some high end gear. I'm sure I remember reading recently of someone who was looking at bringing in a cheaper unit that would do it but I can't recall where that was now. Should only be a 5 minute job with the dealer.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Chill on Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:22 am

I ended up working with a company that there scan tool clears the airbag light and codes for very cheap. Have tried it and works well. Can also check inputs and outputs going to and from the ecu. Works on most Asian cars
Chill

Postby TritonNick on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:21 am

Mine came on and has been on for the past 2weeks after the battery went completely dead and was replaced. Sounds like the only way I can fix it is take it to a dealer?
TritonNick

Postby Neil on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:19 am

I too have the light on, the dealer cleared it once and it lasted a day only before it was back on. They ordered a turret harness as they have the floor one, no idea how long for stock to arrive.

I need this light off as I just traded the car yesterday but they won't finalise the deal until the light is off.

I just read above about the patch lead, I will ring the dealer again.

Are these difficult to source? In Australia?

Cheers Neil

<edit> Just rang my dealer re: the patch lead <quote> "this is the problem with internet forums, the patch lead is for the bottom harness not the (faulty) top one" <end quote>

Is it possible or advisable to contact someone higher up the pecking order to put pressure on?
Neil

Postby oldplodder on Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:16 am

Where is the fuse for the SRS system?
My SRS light is on for the 2nd time in 6 months.
Last time it was the fuse, but I forgot to ask the dealer where it is. :roll:
They were good enough to replace the fuse and reset the code for no charge.

2012 MN, 37,000k.
oldplodder
Platinum Subscriber

Postby fisher480 on Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:56 pm

I had a reverse camera fitted and now my airbag warning light is on. Mine is an MY15 MN. I contacted the auto electrician who fitted it and he said that it happens sometimes and that resetting it via the dealer would fix it. The dealer wants $132 an hour for diagnostics!!!!! If the issue is not warranty then it will cost.
fisher480

Postby phil_carpark on Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:15 pm

I had a reverse camera fitted and it did not appear to cause any grief, however 11 mths later my air bag light came on and dealer is saying that they needed to fit new harnesses in floor and roof to rectify. parts have been on back order for over 2 mths now.

:D :D
phil_carpark

Postby u8poo on Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:43 pm

They would have disconnected the plug under the seat the same happened to mine. Most of the time the light will turn off by itself.
u8poo

Postby Neil on Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:01 pm

We are still waiting for our harness, the dealer today says stock will (may) be in 3rd week of January :evil: :evil:

Not happy, a trade in deal has been done but can't proceed until the light is off, permanantly.
Neil

Postby baito on Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:58 am

My light is on too, took it in to get that fixed and do service campaign, but two week wait for wiring harness.. So they gave me a hire car, said they can't release the car as it is unroadworthy? Oh well I've got a work ute anyway so I'll just flog he hire car till I get mine back..
baito

Postby Neil on Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:35 am

baito wrote:My light is on too, took it in to get that fixed and do service campaign, but two week wait for wiring harness.. So they gave me a hire car, said they can't release the car as it is unroadworthy? Oh well I've got a work ute anyway so I'll just flog he hire car till I get mine back..

My "not far south of Perth" dealer has no such concerns that we are unroadworthy, just wait they say. :evil:
Neil

Postby Chris B on Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:58 pm

Re Airbag Warning Light
I've owned my GLX-R Triton for three years and apart from being a Lemon, I have had the airbag warning light issue three times. Each time it went back to the dealer via a car carrier, as YOUR VEHICLE IS NOT INSURED WHILST THE AIR BAG WARNING LIGHT IS ON. This is because the department of road transport deems any vehicle with a warning light on unroadworthy, and therefore giving the insurance company a way out. DO NOT LET MITSUBISHI TELL YOU OTHERWISE!!!!! My Triton has been at the dealer for three weeks now and no word on when the repair is complete. I have been given a loan vehicle as my car is deemed off road for parts and therefore Mitsubishi are obliged to provide a loan car. The problem is well known to Mitsubishi something to do with a wiring harness and they now have to replace the parts rather than just applying band aid measures. This is the problem and Mitsubishi are aware of it but try to fob you off. Stand your ground and tell them you'll go public. I know of 6 people personally that are driving their vehicles with the warning light on and I tell them they're mad.
Good Luck
Chris B

Postby Neil on Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:23 pm

Yep, hear what you're saying! The wife is usually a quite placid person but she's as angry as a hell (as am I) and she's so looking forward to Monday when she will be giving Mitsubishi a call. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that phone call!

Not only is it stuffing up my car deal but it's having a snowballing effect in that we had planned to travel East for a family reunion/engagement in February next year. We would have been towing the van with our new vehicle but now that's in jeopardy as I don't want to tow a 3 tonne van with a brand new car.

If I'd known the part wasn't available until towards the end of January next year, I would have saved my $'s and purchased a new vehicle later instead of buying a new vehicle now and it'll sit on hold in the back of the Dealer's yard until next year.
Neil

Postby Chris B on Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:33 pm

Good Luck
I've had to trade my Triton in on a new car as I too own a 3 tonne van but alas the Triton won't tow it. Had a van previous to this one at approx 2.7 tonnes and it was struggling. (Too many issues to mention)New van 200kg heavier fully laden, put a different diesel chip in and finally it had enough grunt to tow until I got to my first hill. Even though the engine could just tow it the transmission let me down by overheating and going into safe mode by dropping back to 2nd and staying there. Can't get out of that gear and as such can only do about 15km/hr much to the annoyance of everyone else behind me. Talked to a couple of Techs who advised me not to waste my money on a trans cooler as it wouldn't solve the issue. (They'd been there done that) So in frustration I had no choice but to trade her in a new one. (Got a chip for sale if you want) Like I said I hope hope everything works out for you.
Chris B

Postby Neil on Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:50 pm

Thanks mate! We're getting out of the Triton into another make crew cab, which can't come soon enough.
Neil

Postby baito on Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:14 pm

I'm in melb and have had plenty of help from the dealer, given a rental and looked after no worries
baito

Postby oldplodder on Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:11 am

Just had the cooling system service program done, and while in there they reset the SRS airbag light that came on a couple of days before it went in.
Talking to the service desk on pick up, since it is the 2nd time it has come on, they ordered the new loom, upper and lower. 3 to 4 weeks I am told.
Also told if they reset the light, and it comes back on within 10 minutes of testing, MMAL insist on them keeping the vehicle since it is unroadworthy.
If the light comes back on again, let the service desk know and they can order an " ëmergency" loom, delivery 2 to 3 days.
oldplodder
Platinum Subscriber

Postby gunn parker on Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:49 am

I'm a second owner and I have this airbag light issue, will a dealer still fix it under warranty or will I have to pay to get it fixed?
cheers
gunn parker

Postby Neil on Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:04 am

If your car is less then 5 years old or 130K km it will be covered.
Neil

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:10 am

Even beyond that it should be covered since its a known manufacturing fault. Provided it meets the criteria for proving the dodgy loom is the issue. Failure of this part is not related to mileage.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Neil on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:51 am

Neil wrote:Yep, hear what you're saying! The wife is usually a quite placid person but she's as angry as hell (as am I) and she's so looking forward to Monday when she will be giving Mitsubishi a call. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that phone call!

Not only is it stuffing up my car deal but it's having a snowballing effect in that we had planned to travel East for a family reunion/engagement in February next year. We would have been towing the van with our new vehicle but now that's in jeopardy as I don't want to tow a 3 tonne van with a brand new car.

If I'd known the part wasn't available until towards the end of January next year, I would have saved my $'s and purchased a new vehicle later instead of buying a new vehicle now and it'll sit on hold in the back of the Dealer's yard until next year.

Well, Monday came yesterday and Lynne made her call to which they asked for a follow up email outlining the issues.

Today we got a call from our dealer asking what type replacement vehicle we would like to use whilst we are waiting for the light to be finally turned off. MMA wants them to submit a hire vehicle order.

Our harness is on Priority Order.

Progress at last.
Neil

Postby tondo12 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:29 pm

My light has just come on, Taking it in next Tuesday to get fixed, Hope there is no wait for parts, as I drive to brisbane on the 31st Dec.
tondo12

Postby Neil on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm

Good luck is all I can say. Please keep us informed on how it goes.
Neil

Postby Pearcie45 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:12 pm

Airbag warning light came on over the weekend. Dropped by mitsubishi on the way home and they said they need it for an hour or so to read the code which tells them which loom needs replacing, then once they know they'll order the part and then need it for a day to replace it. Offered a hire car for the day and is all under warranty.

Hopefully it fixes it first time!
MN MY13 GLX-R - Silver - Rear Diff Lock - Rhino Lining Tub Liner - GME TX3100 UHF - Tinted Bonnet Protector - Basha 3mm Bash Plates
Pearcie45

PreviousNext

Return to Electrical