Airbag Warning Light

Re: Airbag Warning Light

Postby MilkmanDan on Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:32 am

Don't stress they will come to the party to sort it out.

I'm a bit pissed but no fault of mitsubishi that my stereo now had feedback whine after they had my car, have to pull insides out again and insulate the RCAs I think now
MilkmanDan

Postby FlyerOne on Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:41 am

Vluchee wrote:Spoke to the dealer today they have 300 wirelooms for the SRS on back order with no ETA, our car has been identified as one of many tritons with the faulty loom. Mitsi Aust will be supplying us with a car while our Triton sits in the Dealers carpark and rots in the sun waiting for the replacement loom. Im hoping they dont expect us to take 4cyl hatch as a loan, i will be slightly annoyed.

Do I take that to mean we shouldn't be diving them? And all tritons with the faulty looms should be taken off the road and replaced with another from Mitsubishi?
FlyerOne

Postby Lee-thal on Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:24 am

If your Airbag light is on, YES, technically you shouldnt be driving it, but its your car, so its your choice, but if you are in an accident your airbags wont operate, i drove my car for 2 months with airbag light on waiting for parts. But i knew the risk.
Lee-thal

Postby MilkmanDan on Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:38 am

Lee-thal wrote:If your Airbag light is on, YES, technically you shouldnt be driving it, but its your car, so its your choice, but if you are in an accident your airbags wont operate, i drove my car for 2 months with airbag light on waiting for parts. But i knew the risk.

Mitsubishi won't give you a car until they repair it, I asked and argued the point I own a car that shouldn't be driven. They give no care but are happy to say they make no guarantee on airbag operation. Factory recall or not
MilkmanDan

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:37 am

Is that the dealer or MMAL direct?
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Lee-thal on Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:58 pm

That sounds like your dealer telling you that, and what they are telling you is wrong!!!!

I CAN assure you that MMAL would organize you a car if your airbag light was on, and would not go out, however, it could be any type of car.
Lee-thal

Postby fridgie on Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:12 pm

snowman wrote:the airbag light on my MN has been on for a couple of months now....... :lol: :lol: should i be worried about it. :? :? :?

My ML's warning light has been on for a couple of years :lol:
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby Vluchee on Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:40 pm

When I spoke to Mitsi Aust the nice lady said that if our vehicle meets the criteria (I am led to believe ours does) then the dealer needs to submit some form to Mitsi Aust which then gets approved, we drop our car off to the dealer and the take the replacement vehicle until our car is fixed.
Vluchee

Postby Lee-thal on Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:42 am

Yes it has Fridgie, One day you might replace the clock spring,
Lee-thal

Postby fridgie on Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:13 am

Lee-thal wrote:Yes it has Fridgie, One day you might replace the clock spring,

Yep, one day....

Once I've replaced everything else needed :lol:
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby spiker on Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:01 pm

Air bag warning light has been on for a few days so i booked it in with the dealers. The next day in less than 1/2 hour they had cleared the error code and tightened the connections. so far all is good. happy with service from Lander Blacktown. :D
Nothing in life is as simple as it first appears.
spiker
Platinum Subscriber

Postby sydneymark on Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:03 pm

I had the warning light on last weekend but I knew it was something I had done :-) turned out to be the reversing lights fuse that I had blown
my13 White GLX manual, ARB canopy, air compressor , bull bar & tow bar, Alpine head unit, AVI speakers, Ultimate Suspension, MSA canvas seatcovers, IPF HID spotties, GME UHF, Tail-gate lock, 4LED reversing light, Ebay snorkel, 2nd battery, aldi winch
sydneymark
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Mooons on Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:15 pm

I feel violated
VOR form completed now I have to drive around in one of these for the next 28 days Click to view larger picture
When you point your finger cos your plan fell through
Theres three more fingers pointing back at you
Mooons
Platinum Subscriber

Postby koshari on Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:20 pm

mine (07 ML) was the clockspring, occurred at about 97,000 and was replaced gratis.
koshari

Postby Mattstruck on Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:59 pm

Mooons wrote:I feel violated
VOR form completed now I have to drive around in one of these for the next 28 days Click to view larger picture

Got yours back yet Mooons??
Im about to try Geelong. See what they say about my paint... The scumbags in the inner west of Melbourne werent interested in either problem of mine and the smart arse attitude to go with it really gets you going. Looking forward to ANY improvement in service!! :shock:
Mod talk:
Sometimes indecipherable to the average Civillian. Example:
Homer:
I clearly remember Joe stating categorically that he prefers it in the bottom
Joe:
I didn't say it was better in the bottom, I just said it was easier and quicker.
Mattstruck

Postby Mooons on Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:34 am

Still waiting Geelong have a folder at least an inch & a half thick waiting in loomes they've got my tri & I've got this ^^^
When you point your finger cos your plan fell through
Theres three more fingers pointing back at you
Mooons
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Shan2010 on Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:47 pm

Hi everyone,
A big thank you to all the members here who truly know their stuff and share it willingly with all the new owners of these wonderful vehicles. And hats off to moderators as the site functions wonderfully and is a pleasure to navigate through.
Now on topic, I have to thank those who brought up the insurance issue with regard to the SRS warning light. I have confirmed with CGU that while the warning is on and a known issue, cover would most likely be void in an accident.
I like many others are waiting for looms to arrive from Japan and again like many others I'm hoping that these things are in no way contaminated with radiation. As the vehicle is now a tad over 130000km, I am currently waiting on info from MMA with regard to a loan car.
Will keep you posted.
Shan2010
Shan2010

Postby sm60089 on Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:35 pm

Just had two looms replaced, took 21 days from start to finish.

MMAL approved a rental car for me because lack of parts was their fault rather than the dealers.
sm60089

Postby Shan2010 on Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:23 pm

sm60089 wrote:Just had two looms replaced, took 21 days from start to finish.

MMAL approved a rental car for me because lack of parts was their fault rather than the dealers.

I just have to ask. Was that 21 days to install the looms or for them to arrive and install?
I'm assuming the latter.

Thanks!
Shan2010

Postby Shan2010 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:41 pm

Update....
Have just been approved for a loan car until looms have arrived and have been replaced.
Thanks again.
Shan2010

Postby sm60089 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:37 am

The 21 days was for both part delivery and installation
sm60089

Postby Vluchee on Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:00 am

We just picked up our Triton today, like SM60089 ours took about 3 weeks. The service folks kind of forgot to tighten the 2 front nuts holding the drivers seat down......WTF.....so now im wondering what else they kind of forgot to do when they pulled the interior apart.
Vluchee

Postby Mancation on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:55 am

Finally mine is getting done today. 2 days work better be ready for the weekend.
Mancation

Postby Sootie on Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:00 pm

Mancation wrote:Finally mine is getting done today. 2 days work better be ready for the weekend.

They (newcastle Mitsu) managed mine in one day mate hopefully they should get yours done in time
Sootie

Postby spiker on Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:09 pm

Air bag light is back on again :evil: . The quick fix worked for a couple of weeks. Back to the dealers I go.
Nothing in life is as simple as it first appears.
spiker
Platinum Subscriber

PreviousNext

Return to Electrical