Airbag Warning Light

Re: Airbag Warning Light

Postby peterdeg on Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:13 pm

Just had my 45,000k service done. The only comments in the service report is "re secured connections and re tested all ok". So guessing it was just a loose plug in my case.
Peter
2011 MN GLX-R manual.
Some pics here.
Build thread here.

4WD History: 2004 NP GLS Pajero DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL wagon. Learnt in a 1980 F100.
peterdeg
Platinum Subscriber

Postby spoiltone on Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:04 pm

had my wiring harness changed, floor and roof harness. and so far so good. two day job but. have to remove the full dash etc.

Slug wrote:Hi all
My lights been on for 12 months when traveling remote places this is the last thing you need, we have to travel 620k each way to an mits agent
There going to replace the wiring loom this time "ha" wait to see if that fixes it, and thats when they can get one as the are hard to get at the moment slow supply????. "We can supply you with a hire car till we get the part" quote mitsubishi. Problem is thats not so good in remote places as we need a 4x4 to get around and thy don't supply them as the hire car is not to be used on outback roads nill insurance.
Told Mitsubishi AU if it comes on again I will remove all bags and wiring from the ute and post it back to them and decommission the little red lamp
If they don't work now whats the point of them
slug
spoiltone

Postby sv294 on Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:22 pm

Well guys I now have the dreaded air bag light 12 glxr MN and apparently it's the roof and floor loom could one be blamed for coming to ones wits ends with having to constantly have their car ripped apart dash has already been out once and the hood lining 3 times I'm over all this mate's are you reading this Mitsubishi
sv294

Postby viking shippy on Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:38 pm

sv294 wrote:Well guys I now have the dreaded air bag light 12 glxr MN and apparently it's the roof and floor loom could one be blamed for coming to ones wits ends with having to constantly have their car ripped apart dash has already been out once and the hood lining 3 times I'm over all this mate's are you reading this Mitsubishi

Have you checked the clock spring behind the steering wheel this is what happens to many
viking shippy

Postby sv294 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:08 pm

No Viking I had it in to get the code cleared and the recall done at the same time and they tell me it's the looms so have to order parts in and rip the car apart
Cheers Anthony
sv294

Postby sv294 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:12 pm

No Viking I had it in to get the code cleared and the recall done at the same time and they tell me it's the looms so have to order parts in and rip the car apart
Cheers Anthony
sv294

Postby viking shippy on Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:31 am

sv294 wrote:No Viking I had it in to get the code cleared and the recall done at the same time and they tell me it's the looms so have to order parts in and rip the car apart
Cheers Anthony

Ask em to check the clock spring first...
viking shippy

Postby borngeek on Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:21 am

viking shippy wrote:
sv294 wrote:No Viking I had it in to get the code cleared and the recall done at the same time and they tell me it's the looms so have to order parts in and rip the car apart
Cheers Anthony

No VS the MUT3 will tell them which bag is failing to respond. (remember MN's have side curtain bags)

Not quite as simple as the ML's 2 front bags. But seems very rare that this loom fails from the limited amount of people reporting it here.

Hang in there Anthony, they will sort it.. And to answer your other question, Mitsubishi do read here. ;)
If you are unsatisfied with the dealers service just call Mitsubishi and explain, calmly, your concerns. They may be able to escalate the parts delivery for you? A dealer is not Mitsubishi. 1300 13 12 11 (have your VIN ready)
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby viking shippy on Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:46 am

borngeek wrote:
viking shippy wrote:
Cheers Anthony

No VS the MUT3 will tell them which bag is failing to respond. (remember MN's have side curtain bags)

Not quite as simple as the ML's 2 front bags. But seems very rare that this loom fails from the limited amount of people reporting it here.

Hang in there Anthony, they will sort it.. And to answer your other question, Mitsubishi do read here. ;)
If you are unsatisfied with the dealers service just call Mitsubishi and explain, calmly, your concerns. They may be able to escalate the parts delivery for you? A dealer is not Mitsubishi. 1300 13 12 11 (have your VIN ready)

Ahhh the simplicity of a ml
viking shippy

Postby MilkmanDan on Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:49 am

I've had mine since September and have spoken twice to dealer who tells me the looms are still on back order. Mine is a MY10 GLXR and the previous owner said it only came on a month before I bought it and was being sorted by warranty.

Ah well I'll just keep waiting
MilkmanDan

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:35 am

I wouldn't call it rare. Maybe not uncommon? Apologies for the double negative, can't help myself sometimes. :roll:
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby skilbys on Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:46 pm

Seems a bit too common to me,
Already had the clock spring done (steering wheel controls and horn non-function a tell tale sign of this) and replacement of curtain airbag wire joiners in the roof, first time, two days.
This time, new wiring loom, 2 week wait, another two day job as the dash and roof lining come out :cry: :cry:
skilbys
Platinum Subscriber

Postby sv294 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:53 pm

Borngeek can't complain about dealer service in fact they're changing the sidesteps also as the paint just washed right off them and started rusting, In fact the dealers have been first class no door dents when you leave it there as that is my one pet hate (dealer dents) and it's always half clean when you pick it up, my gripe is fix one thing bam here goes another get that sorted and hey Presto you get another, I have clocked up 52k and lucky dealer is around the corner front work as I reckon I'd clock that again to and from dealers otherwise
sv294

Postby shortSteve on Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:53 pm

MY13 GLX, thought i had a "good" one, no rattles, no lights, just happy motoring...

Then, first surging started after the valves and sql done (@ 30k service), now while travelling down the freeway airbag light comes on. Is going to the dealers tuesday for a service (37500km, get them done every 7.5k), will add the airbag light to the surging issue. A bit sad. I know it's only 2 simple (hopefully) to fix issues, but after the problems i had with the Challenger i was really hoping for no issues with this one :(

I must be having a "sensitive" day today...
shortSteve

Postby shortSteve on Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:03 pm

SRS light reset with no continuing fault, been a couple of days now so fingers crossed it's a one off? Dealer has said if it comes up again with the same fault code (1441 irc?) will reset again then order a new loom...
shortSteve

Postby peterdeg on Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:41 pm

peterdeg wrote:Just had my 45,000k service done. The only comments in the service report is "re secured connections and re tested all ok". So guessing it was just a loose plug in my case.

Light came back on 10 days later. Going in again this week.
Peter
2011 MN GLX-R manual.
Some pics here.
Build thread here.

4WD History: 2004 NP GLS Pajero DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL wagon. Learnt in a 1980 F100.
peterdeg
Platinum Subscriber

Postby MilkmanDan on Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:34 am

I got an update that the dealer received three looms yesterday, will find out if mine is one of them however I'm back logged from June so they are a fair bit behind
MilkmanDan

Postby shortSteve on Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:09 pm

shortSteve wrote:SRS light reset with no continuing fault, been a couple of days now so fingers crossed it's a one off? Dealer has said if it comes up again with the same fault code (1441 irc?) will reset again then order a new loom...

SRS light been on a reset twice in a week, different codes showing aswell. A roof and floor loom (is that the whole lot?) is on order...
shortSteve

Postby peterdeg on Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:04 pm

<sigh> Roof and floor looms on order.

"There's a techline on it" - guessing that means it's a known issue/fix now.
Peter
2011 MN GLX-R manual.
Some pics here.
Build thread here.

peterdeg
Platinum Subscriber

Postby sv294 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:01 pm

Got my roof and floor looms done today, guys at Murray Mitsubishi powered through it today and did a great job everything went back like it was meant to so far but light is out so all is good
Cheers anthony
sv294

Postby Mattstruck on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:35 pm

A very pissed off Mattstruck here. I have had the airbag warning light on for 3 days now.
Called a filthy rat dog stealer in Footscray who has THE worst customer service and worst attitude ive seen in many a year.

Apparently buying a brand new car from them, then paying $780 per service with them EVERY SERVICE is worth squat diddly.
Recently I told them my paint is fading on the roof and bonnet. It is very obviously doing so. I was told go cut and polish it mate.
Its a f&%king 2 year old car living in Melb!! You go cut and polish it d-head.... :evil: I didnt do it the paint is faulty! :x
Says Ill call Mitsu and ring you back in 5 days but you dont have a hope (great attitude). Surprise surprise no ph call. Ever.

Sorry, back on topic, knob head gets a call from me today asking if he can have a quick look at my airbag warning light - like just throw it on the scanner and have a look.
Should have guessed: Nah mate. Not until next week.
Tell him im going away so will have to be over a month. Whats he say: ahh well.
I said what will happen. [censored] says: ahh dont know maybe your airbags wont work.

And thats it. Thats it. My airbags might not work. You effen turd. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sorry, sorry back on topic. Anyone know if it can be cleared with a scan gauge or disconnect battery?
My Scangauge doesnt seem to do the trick.
Mod talk:
Sometimes indecipherable to the average Civillian. Example:
Homer:
I clearly remember Joe stating categorically that he prefers it in the bottom
Joe:
I didn't say it was better in the bottom, I just said it was easier and quicker.
Mattstruck

Postby sv294 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:45 pm

Mattstruck I know a technical advisor for Mitsubishi and I posed that very question apparently no it won't clear with disconnecting the battery, even if It did the light would just keep coming back on as its the terminals in the roof and floor loom that have corroded, I had mine cleared they test drove it all day not a problem albeit they did say it will come back bam half way home it came on, bite the bullet matts give the dealer the heave ho I shopped mine around and there are dealers out there that actually know what they are doing and will be helpful yes 780 is a lot but give it to a dealer that will deserve it, it Is a warranty issue and once it's done mate all is good
Cheers Anthony
sv294

Postby Mattstruck on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:48 pm

Thanks mate. I certainly wont be spending another cent with these scumbags... :x
Mod talk:
Sometimes indecipherable to the average Civillian. Example:
Homer:
I clearly remember Joe stating categorically that he prefers it in the bottom
Joe:
I didn't say it was better in the bottom, I just said it was easier and quicker.
Mattstruck

Postby Mooons on Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:56 pm

Try Geelong mattyboy they are tops :D
When you point your finger cos your plan fell through
Theres three more fingers pointing back at you
Mooons
Platinum Subscriber

Postby skilbys on Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:16 pm

Heidelberg have been good to me, done the air bag light/wiring loom for the second time now, and getting a new head as we speak- another story :?
And I didn't buy it there or get it serviced there :D
skilbys
Platinum Subscriber

PreviousNext

Return to Electrical