Bluetooth volume - any good results?

Postby subi_man on Sun May 25, 2008 11:13 am

[b]glx-rsilver wrote:[/b][quote][i]Which volume control should be turned up the handset setting or loudspeaker setting?[/quote][/i]
the volume is controlled by your handset, not the speakers themselves :(
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby GLX-RSilver on Sun May 25, 2008 12:43 pm

Hey Subi i understand that but does that mean when the bluetooth is working it's only on phone handset volume not phone loudspeaker volume setting? Do other bluetooth systems work differently?
GLX-RSilver

Postby Downsie on Sun May 25, 2008 10:21 pm

My phone is a Motorola V3X, nearly every time I make a call the person Im calling cant hear me at all, when I ring again its fine, seems to be only the first call when I get in the car that it plays up. Pain in the a*se
Downsie

Postby subi_man on Mon May 26, 2008 3:24 am

silver from what I understand it's the handset volume, not the loudspeaker volume - but I'd be really happy if you prove me wrong mate!!
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby YogiOz on Mon May 26, 2008 8:42 am

Bloody bluetooth! Worked fine with my HTC for ages but in the last month or so I have had to reset the unit (thanks Subi) 3 times! Basically bluetooth connects and mutes the stereo (no I wasn't using the phone!). Turn off hands free and everything works. Reset is a pain but it works - hopefully a better fix is out there as MrBitchy don't know buggar all!
Mick

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some people are like a Slinky; they aren't good for anything, but they make you smile when you push them down the stairs.
YogiOz

Postby martyboy on Mon May 26, 2008 11:05 pm

Got a Motorola V9...works a treat.
martyboy

Postby trytin on Tue May 27, 2008 2:46 am

I have worked with the suppliers of the Parrot bluetooth who supply Mitsubishi and after installing a couple of proto types have worked with them to get it right. The latest one works great and you can adjust the volume by installing a plug in adapter on the unit and volume knob on the dash. This has been supplied to Mitsubishi Aust and they are finalising the euipment to fit into Triton and Lancer. It should be available soon. It takes about 30 minutes to install. This then allows volume adjustment on all the new phones comming out now where the bluetooth volume is not adjustable on the phone.
trytin

I have worked with the suppliers of the Parrot bluetooth who supply Mitsubishi and after installing a couple of proto types have worked with them to get it right. The latest one works great and you can adjust the volume by installing a plug in adapter on the unit and volume knob on the dash. This has been supplied to Mitsubishi Aust and they are finalising the euipment to fit into Triton and Lancer. It should be available soon. It takes about 30 minutes to install. This then allows volume adjustment on all the new phones comming out now where the bluetooth volume is not adjustable on the phone.
trytin

trytin

Postby jonesy on Wed May 28, 2008 6:06 am

The Apple iphone I'm getting when it's released here in a few months won't have the volume problem.... i'll be saying goodbye to my Nokia 6120. Apart form the bluetooth problem... i still think this was the best value NextG phone available when they came out.8-)
jonesy

Postby Blue on Wed May 28, 2008 6:14 am

iMate JasJam works very well with the bluetooth, no volume problems there...
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Postby tonysecrett on Wed May 28, 2008 8:39 am

my wife has a bluetooth unit in her tigra and it is operated by the radio volume!!, it was fitted aftermarket and has a little screen with buttons that sits on the dash so you operate the phone from it. Not bought a triton yet as i am in the uk at the momoent but im thinking of going the vr option as most of the glxr options will be coming off and it seems that the bt is not much good either!! i have a 6120 and iot works fine with the unit here!!.....
tonysecrett

Postby Sapient on Wed May 28, 2008 4:06 pm

Just been through this whole mind bending experience myself including a 2hr session at nokia care center....and you will be thrilled to note the volume issue is a nokia problem, BUT, due to the fact the phone works within Bluetooth specifications a fix is not being worked on...... Just about every other phone I have tried works faultlessly. *sigh*
Sapient
Platinum Subscriber

Previous

Return to Electrical