Installing Double DIN radio (Digoptions) in MN GLX-R

Re: Installing Double DIN radio (Digoptions) in MN GLX-R

Postby ajcowz on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:26 am

Nice write up.
I'm wondering, what did you do with the computer console that used to sit at the top of the dashboard.
I don't want to sacrifice that to install the double din unit - so once I figure out how and where to move it I'll be purchasing a unit from Matt @ DigiOptions.

Cheers
ajcowz

Postby toby_w88 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Chill wrote:Is there a fix yet if when you type in a street address and the music turns off then on again in the GPS mode

its a volume setting that needs to be muted, make sure you have 'key press' or something along those lines muted on the gps software and the menu that pops up when you first press navi. If you only mute in iGo it will keep cutting out the music

once these are muted key presses will not cut the music out at all. This worked on mine. If people really need it I can take a few pics of where to go
toby_w88

Postby salt36 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:56 pm

ajcowz wrote:Nice write up.
I'm wondering, what did you do with the computer console that used to sit at the top of the dashboard.
I don't want to sacrifice that to install the double din unit - so once I figure out how and where to move it I'll be purchasing a unit from Matt @ DigiOptions.

Cheers

I put mine in the old radio spot, takes a fair bit of work cutting the dash etc, not for the faint hearted, the wires all reach though.
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby NowForThe5th on Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:39 pm

ajcowz wrote:Nice write up.

Cheers

This has already been discussed. In this thread even. Have a look at Pages 5 & 6. There are some photos there and there are many other options in various threads throughout the forum. Please, please use Search, it really will help you find the answers you're looking for.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby perko on Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:43 am

toby_w88 wrote:its a volume setting that needs to be muted, make sure you have 'key press' or something along those lines muted on the gps software and the menu that pops up when you first press navi. If you only mute in iGo it will keep cutting out the music

once these are muted key presses will not cut the music out at all. This worked on mine. If people really need it I can take a few pics of where to go

great tip thanks Toby ;) no more music cutout! :mrgreen:
"No! Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."
perko

Postby tokirky on Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:13 pm

perko wrote:
toby_w88 wrote:its a volume setting that needs to be muted, make sure you have 'key press' or something along those lines muted on the gps software and the menu that pops up when you first press navi. If you only mute in iGo it will keep cutting out the music

great tip thanks Toby ;) no more music cutout! :mrgreen:

Are you guys getting the music and GPS voice talking/singing over each other :?: :?
If its worth doin' its worth doin' right !
tokirky

Postby perko on Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:50 pm

not sure, don't use the GPS voice :? hate how it interrupts the music :lol: :lol:
perko

Re: Re: Installing Double DIN radio (Digoptions) in MN GLX-R

Postby swordfishBob on Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:54 pm

Sapient wrote:
froggymicb wrote:http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ES666AU-7-HD ... 336b8422b2

It doesn't seem to be listed at the moment. there is another person trying to sell them for just shy of $1000 :shock:
Tell em he's dreamin' :!:

This should have no problem running Torque, and OziExplorer now has an Android version (beta) so this is looking like a really good fix for my CarPC that is gathering dust under my desk! :)

It sounds promising. Someone had a good idea. In detail it might not work out so well.

The manufacturer's page (direct sales) is http://www.erisin.com/erisin-es777a-3g-wifi-internet-midi-pad-hd-car-dvd-player_p253.html?page=1&number_of_uploads=0
Read through the comments and you'll get some feel for quality of product and their technical support.
There's a review at http://www.mp3car.com/mp3car-blog-talk/149992-hardware-review-car-droid-double-din-all-in-one-car-multimedia-system.html

From the Q&A in the feedback section, note that bluetooth is only available via the head unit, not directly on the screen. Since the bluetooth audio functions, esp handsfree, appear to work directly on the head unit, there is probably no way to access that bluetooth on the pad, so a bluetooth OBD sender wouldn't work. WiFi apparently does work if you have that kind of OBD sender.

A similar product, at more than double the price: http://ca-fi.com/en/

--sfb
swordfishBob

Postby ellewill on Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:49 pm

Hi there All,

Anyone know where I can get my hands on a plug for the genuine single din radio unit? I have put in one of the Digoptions units and am looking at putting the old unit into a mates tractor. I guess I need the original type plug and the wiring diagram.

Cheers,

Scotty
ellewill

Postby Bjmitch on Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:22 pm

Try an Autobarn, repco, etc and have a look in the radio depts there, they generally stock a qty of radio conversion harnesess for after market radios to OEM. (vice-versa) Apart from that the wreckers.... ;)
Bjmitch

Postby SinWolf on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:57 pm

Hi,

Has anybody had the b@lls to try and see if "MioPocket" works on this unit ??

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topi ... _ID=136798

??
SinWolf

Postby renotriton on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:16 pm

Hi everone
I was looking at getting one of these units. From an install point of view it looks relatively straight forward.
I was just wondering what do they actually sound like using the standard speakers?
BTW I have a 2010MNGLXR :)

Thanks
renotriton

Postby mad992 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:55 pm

bump, hows everyones units goin are we all happy :?:
mad992

Postby dan.batto on Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:25 pm

Messaged salt about his not long go he seemed quite happy! It's on my purchase list!! Might give Matt at dig options a call soon!!!
dan.batto

Postby perko on Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:28 pm

Yep very happy, works as it's supposed to and I haven't had any issue at all, I'd recommend it to anyone...
perko

Postby tokirky on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:26 pm

perko wrote:Yep very happy, works as it's supposed to and I haven't had any issue at all, I'd recommend it to anyone...

X 2 NO PROBS HERE love it....
tokirky

Postby salt36 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:38 pm

renotriton wrote:Hi everone
I was looking at getting one of these units. From an install point of view it looks relatively straight forward.
I was just wondering what do they actually sound like using the standard speakers?
BTW I have a 2010MNGLXR :)

Thanks

Do you have the "Power Sound" ?

If so then you will love the sound from the Digoptions unit, it seems to have more grunt than the stock unit....

When I am by myself and crank the volume the windows and mirrors shake with the music, I cant hear my phone ring, it is on max volume as well :oops:
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby gregned on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:38 pm

Anybody know how to hook up the steering loom?
Where do the pink and red wire go?
Hills maketh the man
Why do you have to ride today? Because getting fat never takes holidays
gregned

Postby tokirky on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:42 pm

gregned wrote:Anybody know how to hook up the steering loom?

Rocko is the 'expect' for that, he has had a long play with it and helped Matt I think.....
tokirky

Postby ellewill on Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:32 pm

Hi All,

Anyone know how to remove the factory bluetooth mic in the MN? I have recently bought one of the Digoptions units and it came with an external mic. I want to replace the factory one with this.

Thanks in advance.

Scotty
ellewill

Postby smannering on Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:54 pm

tokirky wrote:
gregned wrote:Anybody know how to hook up the steering loom?

Rocko is the 'expect' for that, he has had a long play with it and helped Matt I think.....

Have just installed a similar one i picked up from ebay "Nuevo N9009" with Headrest monitors & reverse camera. Installed it ok with a ISO to Mitsubishi connection loom (Aerpro APPO111 from Autobarn $25), however this did not connect the Steering Wheel volume control :( can anyone tell me which wires they are on the other 14 pin plug that goes in the back of the std stereo?

smannering

Postby RockoWallaby on Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:05 pm

Pretty sure it was all in this post somewhere
Equally you can try talking to matt to see if you can get the adapter for the mitsu loom, and wire it nto your radio loom
Been a while tho. Only 2 wires were used as I recall, but not up with it anymore
Arthur Dent: All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world.
Slartibartfast: No, that's perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the universe gets that.
RockoWallaby

Postby RockoWallaby on Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:07 pm

I also kept the factory bluetooth. Works perfectly with the dig options as its an independent unit. Plus perhaps better in some ways than the dig unit. Only thing doesnt do is mute the audio automatically. Not difficult to do tho
Arthur Dent: All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world.
Slartibartfast: No, that's perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the universe gets that.
RockoWallaby

Postby irwazza on Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:35 am

Has anyone installed one of these units on a single cab ML.
My ute has the pocket with lid in the double din spot. After removing this I noticed that I have no install brackets.
Does the unit come with brackets for installing or will I need to source some from somewhere?
irwazza

Postby perrys on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:31 pm

Hi All,
I am trying to install a dig options unit in an MY12 Challenger and expected it to be the same as the Triton setup. The steering wheel loom supplied by Matt is for a 14pin plug (2 wires connected and a red and pink one going nowhere - not sure what thats all about??). Can someone that has used one of these confirm that the second plug in your OEM radio was actually 14 pins too. I am trying to determine if Mitsubishi have changed the plug on the OEM radio in recent models. The second plug in my OEM radio is a 22pin one with what looks like only 15pins actually being used (for bluetooth, trip computer display and presumeably steering wheel controls). I can find no other plugs which are 14 pins anywhere on the wiring loom between the radio and the steering column. Can anyone tell me what colour the wires are that lead to the steering wheel controls as I might have to sort out a new plug or splice into the wiring loom somewhere.
perrys

PreviousNext

Return to Electrical