Installing Double DIN radio (Digoptions) in MN GLX-R

Postby irwazza on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:17 pm

Ok, if you buy the fascia kit from dig options it comes with brackets for the unit, woo hoo.

Next problem, I go to plug the wiring loom into the one from dig options and it didn't fit :S.
Click to view larger picture
Looking at pictures from this thread it looks like it is the correct plug but doesnt fit my ute. BTW my ute is a 2007 ML Single Cab.
This is where the plot thickens. I happened to purchase 2 of these units, 1 for me and 1 for my brothers Rodeo. In the off chance I tried the rodeo plug. And what do you know, fits perfectly.
I was unable to test it fully but it turned on and played cds. 1 thing I did notice though was that the unit didn't dim with the lights turned on and off. Not sure if this is a setting thing or a wiring problem.

Dunno if anyone else has come across this problem

Any chance someone has the wiring schematics for both the dig options unit and my triton loom so I can check and make sure all cables are correct?
irwazza

Re: Installing Double DIN radio (Digoptions) in MN GLX-R

Postby ellewill on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:58 am

irwazza wrote:Ok, if you buy the fascia kit from dig options it comes with brackets for the unit, woo hoo.

Next problem, I go to plug the wiring loom into the one from dig options and it didn't fit :S.
Looking at pictures from this thread it looks like it is the correct plug but doesnt fit my ute. BTW my ute is a 2007 ML Single Cab.
This is where the plot thickens. I happened to purchase 2 of these units, 1 for me and 1 for my brothers Rodeo. In the off chance I tried the rodeo plug. And what do you know, fits perfectly.
I was unable to test it fully but it turned on and played cds. 1 thing I did notice though was that the unit didn't dim with the lights turned on and off. Not sure if this is a setting thing or a wiring problem.

Dunno if anyone else has come across this problem

Any chance someone has the wiring schematics for both the dig options unit and my triton loom so I can check and make sure all cables are correct?

The problem with the unit not dimming when the lights are turned on and off is something you might have to get in touch with Matt from Digoptions about. I have one of these units in my MN and everything works fine.

As far as the plug problem goes, I know that Repco have adaptor plugs for around $15. This might help with the problem.

Cheers,

Scotty
ellewill

Postby irwazza on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:07 am

Got in contact with Matt today. Apparently this is the 2nd one he has seen like it. For some reason Mitsubishi put some different stereos in some of the utes which use a different plug. Anyway Matt is sending me another loom, the same as the rodeo loom. Apon further investigation I found that the illumination wire isn't even hooked up in the plug so I will have to hard wire this.
Out of interest, does anyone know the colour of the wire coming from the factory loom for dash light illumination?
irwazza

Postby Shoey on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:21 pm

OK being a bit dumb here in the post i quote
"2. Remove the original Hood.
Grab it and pull it horizontally towards the rear of the car."

OK how do I grab it to pull out without damaging it.
Sorry for the dumb question
Shoey

Postby gregned on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:25 pm

Grab it with your hands
The hood is held on by clips.
Hills maketh the man
Why do you have to ride today? Because getting fat never takes holidays
gregned

Postby dan.batto on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:06 pm

irwazza wrote:Got in contact with Matt today. Apparently this is the 2nd one he has seen like it. For some reason Mitsubishi put some different stereos in some of the utes which use a different plug. Anyway Matt is sending me another loom, the same as the rodeo loom. Apon further investigation I found that the illumination wire isn't even hooked up in the plug so I will have to hard wire this.
Out of interest, does anyone know the colour of the wire coming from the factory loom for dash light illumination?

Could you not just find a globe behind the dash and tap into that? It's not really running power is it. It's more to activate the dimming action.
dan.batto

Postby Shoey on Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:58 pm

gregned wrote:Grab it with your hands
The hood is held on by clips.

Ive tried that and it slips through my hands grrrrr nothing to grab hold off
Shoey

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:04 pm

Try one hand flat on the top and one kind of pinching at the front. Maybe gloves will grip better?

Alternatively if you get some little plastic trim levers you can sort of lever bits of it a bit loose which can give you something a bit better to grab - careful though as the dash plastic marks pretty easily.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby irwazza on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:09 pm

dan.batto wrote:
irwazza wrote:Got in contact with Matt today. Apparently this is the 2nd one he has seen like it. For some reason Mitsubishi put some different stereos in some of the utes which use a different plug. Anyway Matt is sending me another loom, the same as the rodeo loom. Apon further investigation I found that the illumination wire isn't even hooked up in the plug so I will have to hard wire this.

Could you not just find a globe behind the dash and tap into that? It's not really running power is it. It's more to activate the dimming action.

I could do that, but if it's already in the loom no need for the stuff around. Btw I found the wire, it's orange.

Unit fully installed now, so far so good. Just gotta play around with the settings :)
irwazza

Postby Shoey on Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:56 pm

OK help needed
I spoke to mat today re cable connection he told me that the original cable connection from the radio is plugged into another connetor.

Original connector

i have felt in behind and it feels as tho it goes strait into the loom.

connector comparisons

Help needed from the experts please
Shoey

Postby david875 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:28 pm

I have recently installed the double din radio gps and reverse camera from dig options. Today I went and picked up a roof top dvd player from Dig options, and was wondering if anyone has installed one. It looks like the stiffeners in the roof are to far apart to attach the base plate to. If anyone has some info it may stop me from removing the other half of the interea.
david875

Postby irwazza on Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:34 pm

Shoey, is the top plug the one Matt supplied to you?
irwazza

Postby Shoey on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:51 am

irwazza wrote:Shoey, is the top plug the one Matt supplied to you?

Yes it is
Shoey

Postby irwazza on Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:11 am

Mmm interesting. Matt is correct in saying that the factory connector does have another connector about 100mm back.
I also had some issues with my plug being different to everyone else's but this plug is different again from mine.
Did that connector plug directly into the back of your factory unit?
irwazza

Postby Shoey on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:35 pm

irwazza wrote:Mmm interesting. Matt is correct in saying that the factory connector does have another connector about 100mm back.
I also had some issues with my plug being different to everyone else's but this plug is different again from mine.
Did that connector plug directly into the back of your factory unit?

thanks mate guess ill have to delve deeper into the bowels of the dashboard.
yes the connectors im showing connect into the original radio

cheers Graham
Shoey

Postby Shoey on Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:13 pm

with a little help from my son we managed to find the end of the loom and unplug it.
have put the radio in temporary and tested. wow am impressed .
does anyone have all the wiring info i thought i red it somewhere it was in pdf format.

also how do i get red of that NISAN symbol at bootup is the only downside to a great radio

cheers Graham
Shoey

Postby irwazza on Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:46 pm

The symbol is In the setup menu. Also the PDF for the wiring diagram is on his eBay page.
Good luck, so far so good, very happy with mine
irwazza

Postby Bogor on Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:21 am

Shoey wrote:with a little help from my son we managed to find the end of the loom and unplug it.
have put the radio in temporary and tested. wow am impressed .
cheers Graham

Your welcome Dad :)
It really is a nice unit, I just wish I had the money to get one as well.
Maybe I can put it in for my xmas wish list ;)
Bogor

Postby dan.batto on Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:13 pm

Ok so I went and saw Matt and picked up one of these units,, highly recommend!!! Great bloke, and he is honest too!!!

Anyway my unit. Is nearly installed all except reVerse camera. Only thing is that when in Navigation, the lock flashes intermittently in the top left corner. When it does that the radio dims down a little until the lock disappears, then it returns an the sound dims. Have I not connected something? Or do I need to change a setting. I have turned all the gps volumes off/down I think.

Thanks
Dan
dan.batto

Postby david875 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:01 pm

Hay Dan. Mine also has the lock in the top corner. the volume only dips down, for one second when I touch the screen while in GPS mode. I have turned all the volume down also. I want the 4x4 topical maps, but not sure where to get the registration details from.
david875

Postby dan.batto on Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:45 pm

Yer mine dips down even when I'm not touching it in nav mode while on radio. Haven't tried iPod yet. Will give Matt a call tomorrow!
dan.batto

Postby irwazza on Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:50 pm

Pretty sure is just a setting guys. I'll get back to you after I look at my settings
irwazza

Postby dan.batto on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:05 pm

Hopefully it is! Haven't had a lot of playtime yet so still trying to sus the whole thing out!
dan.batto

Postby Shoey on Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:12 pm

another Question if i may. it may have already been answered but cant find it. the reverse works wonderful but it doesnt come up automatically when i select reverse i have to manually select camera to see it.
what am i doing wrong ??

Cheers Graham
Shoey

Postby gregned on Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:15 pm

There should be 2 camera inputs.
You may have the wrong one connected or the wrong camera supplied.
I have a forward and a rear camera.
Rear comes on automatically but forward one is manual.
Hills maketh the man
Why do you have to ride today? Because getting fat never takes holidays
gregned

PreviousNext

Return to Electrical