Installing Double DIN radio (Digoptions) in MN GLX-R

Re: Installing Double DIN radio (Digoptions) in MN GLX-R

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:32 pm

Yes. Search rodeddy's posts. Assuming you mean the older mn display rather than the ml.

If you wanted the ml display our forum sponsors tritonwreckers have some.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby rodeddy on Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:38 pm

see this section .....from page 2 ..
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=16825&start=25

cheers Rod

Cowboy Dave wrote:Yes. Search rodeddy's posts. Assuming you mean the older mn display rather than the ml.

If you wanted the ml display our forum sponsors tritonwreckers have some.
rodeddy

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:44 pm

Thanks mate, would never have found that on my phone.

Cowboy Dave

Postby pt75 on Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:49 am

That looks awesome. I wish they had this earlier rather than on the run out models. :(
Would the new unit be as simple removing the old and plugging in the new? (The whole thing, stereo and info display)
pt75

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:41 am

No. The headunit itself is mostly plug and play. There's some fiddling with the brackets but nothing hard. But the info display requires modification and an extra piece to install in the small space above, which is smaller than the stock spot in your existing setup.

Cowboy Dave

Postby Big Mike on Mon May 25, 2015 7:02 pm

does somebody want do do that for me
Big Mike

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon May 25, 2015 7:17 pm

Big Mike wrote:does somebody want do do that for me

There are some instructions here, if you mean the info display thing:

http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=18115

Cowboy Dave

Postby moshoo on Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:06 pm

Hey guys.
New to the forum - hope im posting this in the right place.
Ive been trying to install a new double din in a 2015 MN.
Bought a mitsu-iso & iso-sony harness from aerpro. (in hindsight, im kicking myself, as i normally just strip the factory harness, splice and heat-shrink) - thought i`d do it the safe! way this time....

I didn't look too closely at it until after i had connected and powered up, but the wiring doesnt match up.
In doing so, ive fried something... Ive lost my interior lights, rv/audio, and central locking. All else seems to still function normally.
Cant find a blown fuse anywhere, and switched all the relays around.

The workshop manual is suggesting maybe a fried etacs... but ive got other systems still running ok coming out of the etacs (i.e. side & rear window, lighter, ac etc...)
Any ideas to save me the trip to the dealer??
moshoo

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:29 pm

Did you check the fusible link/s coming off the positive battery post?

Cowboy Dave

Postby moshoo on Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:48 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:Did you check the fusible link/s coming off the positive battery post?

Thanks for the quick reply.,
Links all intact. 12v across them all.
moshoo

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:50 pm

And you checked all the fuses in the engine bay and the cabin?

Cowboy Dave

Postby moshoo on Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:57 pm

Yep. Cabin, fuse box under good, and the ones on positive pole.
Not one blown fuse anywhere. It's got me stumped.
moshoo

Postby Naff on Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:09 pm

Can you measure 12V on the power wire at the ISO harnesses?
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:17 pm

How are you checking the fuses? I ask as I've heard of people testing them for continuity with a multi but finding later that they're actually blown.

Have you checked to make sure the interior light globes aren't blown? I've heard of a blown globe up there causing all sorts of random etacs related problems.

Cowboy Dave

Postby Naff on Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:20 pm

Yeah a blown globe can cause issues, try pulling them out and start process of elimination.
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby perryano on Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:04 pm

Hi, I've been searching everywhere but can't find the wiring diagrams I need. It's the 2015 MN GLXR drawings for the 20 pin and 18 pin connectors on the back of the stock CD player. I want to put an android double din unit in but need to know what the 9 wires on the 18 pin connector are for. I'm assuming they are the usb/steering wheel functions. I also would like to know which wires are used for the dimming, reverse trigger etc. I will be getting the new aerpro ISO cable

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/260690406253 ... 26_rdc%3D1

This is for basic audio speakers/power/ground/accessories etc which plugs into the ISO plug on the android head unit. It's the other functions drawings required. The Russian website only has manuals up to 2013 and google isn't bringing up much either. Has anyone figured this wiring out yet and willing to help much appreciated.
perryano

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:15 pm

Did you look at Aerpro's site?

http://aerpro.com/vehicles/mitsubishi/mitsubishi_triton_2015_mn_gl_glx_glx_r

The separate control harness would suggest you might be correct about at least some of the stuff on that second plug, but typically the steering wheel controls only need about 3 wires. The other text on the aerpro site would suggest some of the other wires might also be for the phone buttons on the steering wheel. Not sure how many from the look of it.

In the past the wiring has tended towards putting the speakers at either end of the main plug, with positives on the top and negatives on the bottom and then the power and other stuff towards the centre of the plug. If you start seeing grey, white, purple or green pairs they're likely to be the speaker wires if they've gone back to using ISO colouring (they've waxed and waned a bit on this consistency over the years).

Which android head unit are you going with? If you buy the ones from digoptions or brash imports they tend to come with the matching plugs for the vehicle.

Cowboy Dave

Postby perryano on Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:31 pm

Seen that thank you for the link. I was hoping to find wiring diagrams so I can find out what all the wires are for on the 18 and 20 pin plugs are for then I can easily locate everything eg reverse, dimming etc. I saw the link for the steering wheel controls on page 3 but would need to confirm if nothing has changed since then. All good fun
perryano

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:51 pm

Yeah sorry I can't help further than that. A bit hard if the manuals don't cover it since they're usually the best resource.

Thinking outside the square, if you look at the aerpro control harness and click on the link it lists other vehicles that it is also compatible with. You might be able to find a diagram for one of them as a few of them were older than 2015. There were lancers, citroens and peugeots from memory. Some mitsubishi's were rebadged as peugeots so no great surprise there. Anyway that wouldn't give you the wire colours, but might at least give you the pin outs to work with.

Another option is to see if you can find a set of instructions for the installation of the control harness as that might also have some guidance on it.

Failing that, if digoptions or brash imports have a compatible unit on their websites you might be able to persuade them to help you since it seems they would need to know in order to make the devices in the first place.

Cowboy Dave

Postby 08glxr on Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:26 pm

check dome light fuse
08glxr

Postby perryano on Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:07 pm

So ive found if you use the russian website and use the triton 2013 manuals, the equivilant to the 2015MY is there. For those who want to do it yourself and replace the factory cd player with an aftermarket unit can use those diagrams. The 2 connectors will be C170 (20 pin) and C167 (18 pin) when you check the diagrams look for the mitsi multi comms system MMCS. The wiring and pin outs is exact. The steering wheel controls are on connector C170 pins 2 & 12 (ground).
I do want to use the factory mic in the roof so I have to do continuity checks from the mic to the pins on C167 and I hope the wiring runs straight thru and just needs connecting to the back of the head unit.
For the reverse trigger there is 2 options. You can tap off wire 5 on C30 (fwd left kick panel) and run a wire to the head unit, or what may be easier and not cutting any factory wiring is to run a single cable from the rear reverse light to the head unit with the A/V cable. Seeming you will be tapping power for the reverse camera here you can also use the +ve wire from the light to the unit as a trigger.
perryano

Postby moshoo on Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:56 am

Cowboy Dave wrote:How are you checking the fuses? I ask as I've heard of people testing them for continuity with a multi but finding later that they're actually blown.

Have you checked to make sure the interior light globes aren't blown? I've heard of a blown globe up there causing all sorts of random etacs related problems.

Hey guys.
Been out of action for a few days, but im back to trynig to sort this one out...
Checking fuses by multimneter, and test light over each side of fuse, and the old switcheroo with one thats working.

Ive got 12v over all the fusible links on the positive battery terminal.
Ive got 12v over all the fuses in the bonnet fuse box.
When I get inside, there is no power either side of fuses 4 (engine symbol), 13 - interior light, 25 (relay?), 26 (audio).

Pulled all the interior lights, and no affect on the situation.

Hope someone can nail this!
moshoo

Postby rodeddy on Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:21 pm

hi,
The roof mic does not connect to the head unit at all. It is connected to the USB box which is totally seperate.
This is why when you replace the std unit with aftermarket you lose the roof mic, voice activation etc as it all goes through USB box.
I have this info somewhere in all my wirng info..
cheers, Rod

perryano wrote:So ive found if you use the russian website and use the triton 2013 manuals, the equivilant to the 2015MY is there. For those who want to do it yourself and replace the factory cd player with an aftermarket unit can use those diagrams. The 2 connectors will be C170 (20 pin) and C167 (18 pin) when you check the diagrams look for the mitsi multi comms system MMCS. The wiring and pin outs is exact. The steering wheel controls are on connector C170 pins 2 & 12 (ground).
I do want to use the factory mic in the roof so I have to do continuity checks from the mic to the pins on C167 and I hope the wiring runs straight thru and just needs connecting to the back of the head unit.
For the reverse trigger there is 2 options. You can tap off wire 5 on C30 (fwd left kick panel) and run a wire to the head unit, or what may be easier and not cutting any factory wiring is to run a single cable from the rear reverse light to the head unit with the A/V cable. Seeming you will be tapping power for the reverse camera here you can also use the +ve wire from the light to the unit as a trigger.
rodeddy

Postby moshoo on Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:04 pm

moshoo wrote:Hey guys.
New to the forum - hope im posting this in the right place.
Ive been trying to install a new double din in a 2015 MN.
Bought a mitsu-iso & iso-sony harness from aerpro. (in hindsight, im kicking myself, as i normally just strip the factory harness, splice and heat-shrink) - thought i`d do it the safe! way this time....

I didn't look too closely at it until after i had connected and powered up, but the wiring doesnt match up.
In doing so, ive fried something... Ive lost my interior lights, rv/audio, and central locking. All else seems to still function normally.
Cant find a blown fuse anywhere, and switched all the relays around.

The workshop manual is suggesting maybe a fried etacs... but ive got other systems still running ok coming out of the etacs (i.e. side & rear window, lighter, ac etc...)
Any ideas to save me the trip to the dealer??

Took a while, but I finally got to the bottom of this. Thought id post a reply, cause Ive been trawling through threads, and its a pain when you find someone with the same problem but never an answer.

Turns out the ETACS module got cooked when i hooked up the new head unit. $440 for a new one from the dealer, and another $400 to diagnose / install.

Car audio guys and mits. have no idea why / how it happened... must've been hit by lightning at precisely the wrong moment!
moshoo

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:50 pm

Shit that's a nasty outcome. Have you paid or committed to pay yet? That installation cost sounds a bit steep to me.

Cowboy Dave

PreviousNext

Return to Electrical