Installing Double DIN radio (Digoptions) in MN GLX-R

Re: Installing Double DIN radio (Digoptions) in MN GLX-R

Postby salt36 on Thu May 05, 2011 9:31 pm

Be his best mate and chat him up, if he likes footy, then talk footy, amazing what they will discount and provide info for... ;)
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby RockoWallaby on Sun May 08, 2011 2:11 pm

Grumps. Still got a ruddy great hole in MY dash where the radio should be.

Went to fit my old man's unit, as he drove 100km to get me to fit it, and when we put it in, we stuck a DVD in it to test it worked OK, and it wouldn't spit it out. So, had to rip MY dash apart, putting my perfectly happy functional unit in his vehicle, to get him on his way.
Not happy, Jan.

Also still the issue with the lack of a steering wheel control cable.
Am I the only one, or do other people need one too? Only applies to the MN GLX-R.

I have a partial solution, of sorts, which will hopefully get the controls running, but need the bloody replacement unit to see if it works!
Hope it comes this week before Flanagans!

I swear, I'm a shit magnet. Always seems to happen to me whenever I buy stuff from the internet ;)
Oh, and I want my bloody Harry Potter DVD back! :lol:
Arthur Dent: All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world.
Slartibartfast: No, that's perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the universe gets that.
RockoWallaby

Postby perko on Sun May 08, 2011 2:21 pm

RockoWallaby wrote:I swear, I'm a shit magnet. Always seems to happen to me whenever I buy stuff from the internet ;)
Oh, and I want my bloody Harry Potter DVD back! :lol:

:lol: :lol: Let's tattoo a lightning bolt on your forehead, that way everyone will know you're the unlucky one! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And to rub salt into the wound, those of us your great work helped are happy as Larry! :twisted:

I'm waiting for a steering control harness too, I haven't contacted Matt for a while, should I remind him a few of us are waiting?
"No! Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."
perko

Postby RockoWallaby on Sun May 08, 2011 2:33 pm

Smirks. Thanks for that, mate. Makes me feel so much better ;>

What the heck, email away. I sent him all the damn schematics and wiring info, pics of plugs, scans of my arse, everything they need! How hard can it be to make some bloody cables up?

Ironic really. I have a guy in Oz who can make the Mitsu plug half, but not the cheap chinese plug, and Matt says they have the cheap chinese plug half, but not the Mitsu plug bit...So I got the Oz guys to send out their half, had a spare one from the Landcruiser loom for the Chinese half, and now just need the friggin' radio to see if the son of a beeatch works! Only 2 wires...50/50 chance there!

Course, it'll probably blow up the way I'm going ;)
Arthur Dent: All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world.
Slartibartfast: No, that's perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the universe gets that.
RockoWallaby

Postby perko on Sun May 08, 2011 2:40 pm

That or the scans of your arse will melt them :lol: :lol:
perko

Postby RockoWallaby on Sun May 08, 2011 2:57 pm

If you do start getting caught with that steering control plug, let me know and I'll put you in touch with the guys who made up the Mitsu end. They're the same guys who make the iPod adapter for the MN seen on ebay, so they know their shit. Can then hassle Matt for the same cable he sent for the Landcruiser (got the part number on it, I think, 30725025000).
I'm tired of waiting. just want it in! ;)
RockoWallaby

Postby gregned on Sun May 08, 2011 7:08 pm

I'm waiting for the cord as well I've emailed him about it. He sais he's working on it
Hills maketh the man
Why do you have to ride today? Because getting fat never takes holidays
gregned

Postby tokirky on Thu May 19, 2011 6:31 pm

Did you guys get your street updates from Dig Options? -

I did - good service i think...
If its worth doin' its worth doin' right !
tokirky

Postby RockoWallaby on Thu May 19, 2011 6:50 pm

Nods.

I have put together a working steering wheel control cable, from various bits. However, the signal is getting to the radio along the cable, but the radio isn't registering it, so STILL no working option.
Matts onto it with the factory. Hopefully, SOON!!
Least a cable does pick up the resistance required. 1/2 way there now.
RockoWallaby

Postby salt36 on Sat May 28, 2011 7:44 pm

tokirky wrote:Did you guys get your street updates from Dig Options? -

I did - good service i think...

Are the updates included with the original price?
I didnt get any updates and as yet cant get the NAV working either, the sd card seems ok, my laptop sees and uploads all the folders/files etc but wont work in the din unit.......
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby perko on Sat May 28, 2011 10:58 pm

must be, they just turned up in an email from them 8-) Can't say I've noticed a difference with the update, but the original file on my sd card was from 2009, so I guess it's an update of new roads etc. ;)
perko

Postby Chill on Sun May 29, 2011 6:47 am

Hi

Just woundering are there any pics of the units installed. I have one of these units with the new shroud, but have not got the facisa plate. Just want to know what other people have used to cover the hole. The unit works great except when you press a button and the sound cuts of for a second or two then turn back on. Is there a setting to fix this

Joe
Chill

Postby perko on Sun May 29, 2011 8:03 am

Hi Chill,

have a look in my shed for a couple of pics...or the start of this thread ;) As far as I know there isn't a way to stop the music cutout, it's a computer though so someone with the right programming nous should be able to do somthing. 8-)

While they're at it it would be great to get the computer functions that come with the Triton programmed into the Dig unit so we can keep access to outside temp, barrometer, altimiter, fuel etc. on the one unit :?

Perko.
perko

Postby Chill on Sun May 29, 2011 8:50 am

Hi Perko
Would be nice
Chill

Postby tokirky on Sun May 29, 2011 6:46 pm

salt36 wrote:

Are the updates included with the original price?
I didnt get any updates and as yet cant get the NAV working either, the sd card seems ok, my laptop sees and uploads all the folders/files etc but wont work in the din unit.......

Hey Salt, Rocko had some dramas as well, maybe PM him??? The updates are free. Mine is excellant but a techo head would be good to pregramme a few things if possible...Any out there :D
If its worth doin' its worth doin' right !
tokirky

Postby dig_options on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:50 am

Hey guys, my first post on the forum. Apologies for the lack of love. We have been working hard on the steering wheel harness and have one on the way which Rocko has kindly offered to road test for us. We do believe we are getting closer to a solution and won't quit until we have one. I have also managed to find a supplier of the hoods in Japan however the price will make it difficult to compete with Mitsi dealers. The hoods we have found incorporate (I am told) the fascia part but I wont know for sure until my sample arrives.
Thank you for all your support and patience and please don't hesitate to email us and give us a foot up the ar$e.
Thanks again,
Matt
DIG Options Australia - 4X4 Electronics since 2008
http://www.digoptions.com.au
http://www.youtube.com/digoptions
dig_options

Postby RockoWallaby on Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:30 pm

GUYS!!! Got me sorted a working steering control cable for the MN GLX-R!!
It's a hodge podge of wiring I've put together myself, but it bloody well works fine!!
I've sent the details to Matt, so hopefully he can have something made up that works within a few weeks.

Just thought I'd post tho...it IS possible!! It does work, and I AM happy ;)
YAY! :lol:
Scotty
RockoWallaby

Postby RockoWallaby on Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:36 pm

Pic of programmed steering control screen.

Easy to do, once the cable is in and working ;)

Click to view larger picture

1. press the screen for the control you want to program. (eg. Vol-). A blue "light" shows
2. hold down the steering wheel control for Vol down
3. While holding steering control down in 2., press "start" on the radio screen, until the blue light goes orange.
4. repeat for all 5 controls.
5. press "store" to save the lot.

(Note I programmed my "mode" button to mute the radio for bluetooth, cause I'm using the factory bluetooth)
RockoWallaby

Postby perko on Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:58 pm

Genius Rocko ;)

Can't wait for this to be sorted as it drives me mad having to look over at the unit to turn the volume up and down. Does it jump from one programmed radio station to the next, or does it scan up and down?

I know I've said it before, but can't thank you enough for this mate :D this unit is the deal of the century and you have made it extremely easy for the rest of us with the work you did. ;) 8-)

As a funny aside I saw Matt's new listing of our version on fleabay and I'm fairly sure the pic is mine :lol: should probably have "Copyright Rocko" on the pic! :lol: :lol: :lol:
perko

Postby RockoWallaby on Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:13 pm

Scans up and down. Would have preferred it to jump between stored channels, but at least it works ;)
I just wanted volume and mute ;)
RockoWallaby

Postby salt36 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:07 pm

I downloaded the NAV upgrade for mine as was freezing now and then...... installed as instructed and now freezes more than ever :roll:

Interestingly though the lights in the buttons have changed from red to green now when I turn on the headlights :o Cool as ! Wonder how we can get into the system and enable the setting to change the colours......the different colours are obviously there....
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby NowForThe5th on Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:04 pm

salt36 wrote:I downloaded the NAV upgrade for mine as was freezing now and then...... installed as instructed and now freezes more than ever :roll:

Interestingly though the lights in the buttons have changed from red to green now when I turn on the headlights :o Cool as ! Wonder how we can get into the system and enable the setting to change the colours......the different colours are obviously there....

I haven't looked recently but the NewHilux guys have had these a lot longer and their thread is pretty long. Wonder if they've cracked it? If you've set up the menu option that's on NewHilux you can access WinCE File Manager from the screen where you select street or topo navigation. Might be worth backing up before you start playing with things though. Wimp option is to ask Matt at digOptions.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby perko on Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:11 pm

On the main src screen you'll see a row of small buttons on the very bottom of the screen, the one with the four small squares inside a big one cycles through the different button colours. ;) From memory it's near the middle of the unit...
perko

Postby NowForThe5th on Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:43 pm

Onya perko. Mine doesn't have that - old model.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby dig_options on Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:48 pm

RockoWallaby wrote:GUYS!!! Got me sorted a working steering control cable for the MN GLX-R!!
It's a hodge podge of wiring I've put together myself, but it bloody well works fine!!
I've sent the details to Matt, so hopefully he can have something made up that works within a few weeks.

Just thought I'd post tho...it IS possible!! It does work, and I AM happy ;)
YAY! :lol:
Scotty

Scotty mate you're a genius! Guys i'll be making up a few cables thanks to Scotty and we can push ahead so this whole thing becomes a little more seamless. I have also developed up a hood with built in fascia but waiting on the sample. On another note, to do this i purchased a genuine mitsi hood (not fascia) if anyone needs one please PM me.
Apologies for using the pic without permission. I hope it's okay :)
Cheers,
Matt
DIG Options Australia - 4X4 Electronics since 2008
http://www.digoptions.com.au
http://www.youtube.com/digoptions
dig_options

PreviousNext

Return to Electrical