Installing Double DIN radio (Digoptions) in MN GLX-R

Re: Installing Double DIN radio (Digoptions) in MN GLX-R

Postby dig_options on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:20 am

shorsfall wrote:Gday Guys,
Ive been following the thread for a while and have a quick question that I can't find the answer for. On page 29 there is some discussion on steering wheel controls and pinout for the 20 pin connector on the back of the stereo. There is talk about a russian site that has schematics. Does anyone have the link to this site?

Cheers

Hey mate, is this what you're after?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1lrmbg6dpwf6v ... g.pdf?dl=0

Cheers,

Matt
0409 427 461
www.digoptions.com.au
DIG Options Australia - 4X4 Electronics since 2008
http://www.digoptions.com.au
http://www.youtube.com/digoptions
dig_options

Postby shorsfall on Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:49 am

Thanks Matt & Coughy. This will help me heaps cheers.
shorsfall

Postby GrantWC on Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:03 am

G'day all

I am about to bit the bullet and replace my stolen Navman MyEscape GPS with a bulit in unit. Going to make it harder for them to knock it off next time.

After doing a bit of searching around on different forums and website, I am back to NewTriton for my answers.

I have been reading what is available here and like others, bedazzled with the wealth of information here. How ever a few things confuse me.

http://www.digoptions.com.au and http://www.digoptions.com are for the same company, right?

I had been looking at the second site and sent an enquiry and Matt answered with the following link

http://www.digoptions.com.au/Dig Options Outlander Lancer Triton Peugeot 4008 GPS Car Player Navigation Stereo DVD Camera

That is when I discovered the first site. There are different prices for similar items, the difference in the model numbers are "s" & "c" at the end or no last letter. Model numbers are Product Code: AVN-M03, AVN-M03S and AVN-M03C

They seem to be the same item, maybe the "s" is for standard and the "c" is for camera. The $6 is not the deceiding factor, but is there a difference in models?

Now back to my ute, I have a 2014 GLX + with no fuel consumption etc screen.

I have seen in some of the pictures posted here that the Dig Options (or maybe some other make) have that in their displays, fuel consumption etc. Is it possible that it is as simple as plugging in a lead to a connection that is already there available to be used to get this information and have it displayed?

This might be a question for Matt.

Before I rush into buying the wrong model (like I normally do) I am trying to find the answers first.

To everyone that has posted information inregards to their installs, thank you for your help. Seems to be straight forward and easy enough. But so is surgery to a surgon. Think I will give it a go, then when I completer the surgery, I will try installing the radio. (little humour, sad I know)

The units certainly look like a factory install and product. The features they have are amazing, just hope they last.

Thanks again for everyone's input so far.

Grant
GrantWC

Postby luke90 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:17 am

Hey guys sorry to butt in on the thread just have a quick question,

Im just wondering where everyone is mounting their GPS receiver?

Im doing my install on Friday, picked up a clarion NX404Au and the fascia for my ml
luke90

Postby coughy on Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:01 pm

it fits under the fascia towards the front screen heeps of room there
Read this First ;) ;)Then still cant find what you are after
Use this Second ;) ;)Then still no Joy Go Here
Look in this thread 8-) 8-)
coughy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby luke90 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:40 pm

sweet thanks mate
luke90

Postby shorsfall on Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:03 pm

Gray guys. I ended buying the Alpine ILX-007E the has Apple CarPlay. JB Hi-Fi have them on sale for $799
shorsfall

Postby Nerdy on Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:24 am

luke90 wrote:Hey guys sorry to butt in on the thread just have a quick question,

Im just wondering where everyone is mounting their GPS receiver?

Im doing my install on Friday, picked up a clarion NX404Au and the fascia for my ml

I have the trip computer above my headunit (mn), I have simply attached it under the cowling to the trip computer bracket.
It seems quite reliable.
Nerdy

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:48 am

Another alternative it to have it sit up against the windscreen above the plastic hood. That gets it out as far away from the metal roof as you can. That said the genuine Mitsy one sits dead above the double din unit under the plastic hood.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby luke90 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:04 pm

sweet thanks guys, putting mine In tomorrow, just have to chase up the reverse camera that they didn't give me
luke90

Postby luke90 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:42 pm

last question haha ive got the new radio in, just running the reverse camera now, where have you run the wiring into the car, did you go through the firewall or is there another grommet somewhere?
luke90

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:51 pm

Depends how much cable you have. Last one I did I went under the door sill trims with the main cable runs, in behind the seat, through the corner of the cab out the back (remove splash guard from near fuel filler to access) then down the chassis rail to the passenger side rear corner.

There are also rubber plugs about the size of a 50cent piece in each floor pan which are easy to get to if you lift up the carpet.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby luke90 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:01 pm

legend, im going through the ones under the floor, got plenty of cable but couldnt find an easy access to go into the car
luke90

Postby shorsfall on Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:24 pm

Day Guys, Ive tried to install my Alpine ILX-007E head unit today and found out the hard way that the standard bracket doesn't fit. I did buy a Double Din Fascia off Ebay but its the original bracket thats the problem. I have a 2014 MY15 GLXR. Is there special brackets I need to buy or am I missing something??
shorsfall

Postby 2jzzzz on Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:38 pm

Hi,

I've just gone to install a new DVD double DIN unit. I've bought http://aerpro.com/app0113 to connect with the Mitsubishi side. From the Mitsubishi side it had two plugs. One fits into the Aerpro connector, but leaves one doing nothing. I am assuming the left over plug is for the steering wheel controls and phone call controls. I don't think I will need this anymore.

The original brackets fit perfectly onto my new unit and slots in nicely. I will need a new fascia to fill the gaps though. Anyone got any links to one for my '15 MN GLX?

Finally, somewhere I've popped a fuse somehow. I've seen near my right knee a fuse panel and I've replaced the popped audio one. But the thing is, there is no power going to my head unit nor my interior light. Has anyone come across this and know where the problem is?

Sam
2jzzzz

Postby GrantWC on Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:59 pm

Hi all

Looking at installing a new multi media/gps unit into my 2014 MN GLX+ Triton.

I like the idea of having fuel consumption, distance to empty etc dispalyed in the unit as well. I have the base model that dosn't have the extra screen.

Looking at http://www.DigOptions.com.au I see there is one that is "Compatible with Triton MN and Challenger PB Trip Computer.The Trip Computer/Compass will NOT display ML Trip Computer Data." That is from here http://www.digoptions.com.au/platinum-m ... nger-pb-06

Is it as simple as plugging it into preinstalled wiring in a 2014 MN GLX+ or do you need other parts, like a seperate trip computer. I was hoping that it was plug and play. Seems you may need parts from a Trip Computer to make it work.

If not, this one would be easier to install and was recommend it.
http://www.digoptions.com.au/Dig%20Opti ... D%20Camera

For fuel consumption etc like how the trip computer displays info, I could just use one of these. http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/ Bluetooh may even go straight to the display of mirror it from my mobile phone. Or easier still it seems, just get the wired version.

Help and opions anyone?

Thanks Grant
GrantWC

Postby 2jzzzz on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:45 am

Came back, fuse 13 (interior light) was fine, fuse 25 (audio) had gone and also fuse 26 was popped (still don't know what this is for).
2jzzzz

Postby shorsfall on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:52 am

2jzzzz wrote:Hi,

I've just gone to install a new DVD double DIN unit. I've bought http://aerpro.com/app0113 to connect with the Mitsubishi side. From the Mitsubishi side it had two plugs. One fits into the Aerpro connector, but leaves one doing nothing. I am assuming the left over plug is for the steering wheel controls and phone call controls. I don't think I will need this anymore.

The original brackets fit perfectly onto my new unit and slots in nicely. I will need a new fascia to fill the gaps though. Anyone got any links to one for my '15 MN GLX?

Finally, somewhere I've popped a fuse somehow. I've seen near my right knee a fuse panel and I've replaced the popped audio one. But the thing is, there is no power going to my head unit nor my interior light. Has anyone come across this and know where the problem is?

Sam

2jzzzz I have the Fascia but my unit doesn't fit with the factory brackets. You can bolt the unit into the dash but it doesn't line up with the fascia.
shorsfall

Postby viking shippy on Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:11 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:Depends how much cable you have. Last one I did I went under the door sill trims with the main cable runs, in behind the seat, through the corner of the cab out the back (remove splash guard from near fuel filler to access) then down the chassis rail to the passenger side rear corner.

There are also rubber plugs about the size of a 50cent piece in each floor pan which are easy to get to if you lift up the carpet.

I ran mine out the firewall with a cable gland straight into the chassis box section and down the back out and into the tub via another cable gland...easy! Oh and whilst I was there I ran some 7 core trailer wire for in cab switches of rear lights and camera so a can see how close tailgaters are and flash em with my roof mounted 40w LEDs...that are next to the camera....lol
viking shippy

Postby dandan on Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:13 am

Hi all

Just received my Digoptions unit in the mail today,will fit tomorrow

Just confused about the reverse camera wiring,do I connect that red wire of the camera cable to the "back " (dark blue)wire from the unit? or to the reverse wire in the passenger foot well?

also the unit has a earth and a +12 v wire on the reverse camera plug where can I connect these?

sorry if its been answered Have a massive headache and reading all 30 pages isn't helping :P

Click to view larger picture

these appear to be the only wires I have to splice ,the illumination wire is contained in the plug and play harness as are the steering wheel controls.
dandan

Postby dig_options on Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:19 am

The thin red wire on the camera cable needs to be connected to the BACK wire on the stereo. Select one of the 2. for your application ignore the 12V red wire.
DIG Options Australia - 4X4 Electronics since 2008
http://www.digoptions.com.au
http://www.youtube.com/digoptions
dig_options

Postby dandan on Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:24 am

ah ok thanks.

and the black GND wire ignore or ground it ?

Thanks for your help :D
dandan

Postby dandan on Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:21 pm

So all fitted and working fine ..except the FM radio fails to tune in ,scans right around the dial and nothing.
AM is crystal clear...any ideas anyone? Do I need a FM signal amplifier ? or does the MN have one hidden somewhere that I need to power up?

GPS all good playing music from my usb and bluetooth all great :D ,just got to unlock Ozi explorer now .

here are some pics

here is a link to some of the install pics if anyone is interested

Edit

the only actual wiring I had to do was hook up the red wire off the front end camera cable to the "back" wire on the Stereo and hook the power and earth into the reverse light at the camera end ,everything else was direct plug in and worked at once.

I ran the camera cable along the passenger door sills and out through the grommet in the passenger side rear coner of the cab then along the chassis rail.

http://s430.photobucket.com/user/anthon ... t=3&page=1
Last edited by dandan on Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dandan

Postby dandan on Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:09 pm

gauci204 wrote:Ok, just tried installing the new zcg Ariel and it has done nothing, but I think I have found the permanent fix for the dig options unit, and it is free (unless you have paid $120 for a nice shiny white Ariel like me :evil: )

Ok, it is all in the settings.

Start with the radio on and Press the SRC button and then press setup in the top left corner of the screen. Then press audio. then in the top right hand corner of the screen press "next"? (Augment)

Now there will be 7 vertical sliders to adjust the output volume (my assumption) of the unit for DVD, TV, RADIO, BT, IPOD, AUX, NAVI

Go to the radio slider and press the down arrow until your reception clears up. Mine came good a minus 1. Turn your volume up to check it is all good. :D

Found it on another thread ,posting here in case anyone else has the same problem.
The only difference was I didn't press next I pressed audio and then "Augment" and all the audio sliders were there.
Last edited by NowForThe5th on Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quote
dandan

Postby mike72 on Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:19 pm

Hi all. I have just replaced the factory trip comp with a double din unit and now need to replace the factory head unit with a compartment or UHF. The ebay head unit did come with a standard single din drawer which is far too small for the space left behind. Can anyone offer advice as to what my best options are.
mike72

PreviousNext

Return to Electrical