Lightforce 240 Blitz vs Cibie Super Oscars

Re: Lightforce 240 Blitz vs Cibie Super Oscars

Postby Greedy on Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:15 am

GLX-RSilver wrote:What are peoples thoughts on the 220 roo lites are they as good as the light force spotties?

When I started this thread ages ago, I thought I was deciding between the two in the title. Ended up with the 220 roo lights though. They were comprehensively cheaper and imo do as good a job. They seem ok so far on corrugated roads although someone else on this forum was quite scathing in this area. My main issue is with d%^&heads moving them when the car is parked somewhere public. Luckily, they haven't moved them away from the vehicle. They look the goods to as far as I'm concerned.
Click to view larger picture
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Re: Lightforce 240 Blitz vs Cibie Super Oscars

Postby NowForThe5th on Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:41 pm

The Roolites are a direct copy of the Lightforce and much cheaper. The quality of any light is in two things - the design (something that most can get fairly right) and the execution (something that very few can get right, mainly because of cost). Look at the reflectors on the Roolites vs Lightforce and you will see a big difference. Not knocking the Roolites, they are quite a good light for the money, just not on the same level as the more expensive lights (Lightforce, Hella, Cibie) although even the big names have some models that are pretty ordinary.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Previous

Return to Electrical