Cooling System Service Campaign

Engines, Gearboxes, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

Re: Cooling System Service Campaign

Postby FredSmith on Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:51 am

har05l wrote:
hvac guy wrote:Got my letter today

Received mine yesterday.

Your recall letter :twisted: :lol:

Vision of CD in the fetal position lying in the corner, thumb in mouth. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Entered the "Win a Triton " comp. New truck will look good sitting in my driveway. :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:
FredSmith
Platinum Subscriber

Postby tritonliz on Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:31 pm

Ok, so my car went in today for the cooling system campaign plus I also added the following items for them to check:

Sudden decrease in fuel consumption...60-80 kms less per fill up.
Air con good for an hour , then either blowing warm air or not so cold. Worse on hot days.
Manifold check, as didn't do at last service.

So they did the campaign bulletin and no issues showed up with that, seems like will only be the minimum with engine swaps.

Air con needed re-gassing..had 310G gas in it and they had to put 520G in...seems like there is a leak but they couldn't find one. They have therefore put some Dye in there and have booked me back in for 3 weeks time to try to ascertain if any leaks. To take in before then if air con blows warm again.

Higher fuel consumption...checked and cleaned throttle body and checked manifold..all clean (allegedly). Adjusted map sensor connector. Scanned for codes, no codes logged and no ECU updates available. I am to monitor.

They seem to think that the ECU flash will help as many have said after the service campaign that fuel consumption is better.
I am to monitor and they will further investigate if it doesn't improve.

What amazed me was the service today, the service manager sees me now as it has been in that many times with issues in past 4 and a half years. he explained everything really well and said would investigate further if anymore issues. Must feel sorry for me I reckon, lol.

So I can't call them stealers today.
tritonliz

Postby tritonliz on Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:36 pm

Forgot to say they only needed 3-4 hours for the service campaign, but left it for the day for them to sort out my air con and check manifold etc.
tritonliz

Postby tritonliz on Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:40 pm

bigjobs wrote:Just booked mine in this morning and yep, booked out until March 2015 and 3 days! This is in Brisbane too.

Funny thing is that it has to go in prior to that for a service... they may as well keep it for the whole month :lol:

The booking date was given to me before I asked for a loan car too btw.

It would be worth driving our of Brissie area so you only have to be without car for half a day, there is no way I would have left mine for 3 days to change radiator cap, replace coolant and get car to operating temp. That is a joke.
tritonliz

Postby psaunders on Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:43 pm

tritonliz wrote:Forgot to say they only needed 3-4 hours for the service campaign, but left it for the day for them to sort out my air con and check manifold etc.

Glad to hear Liz! :)

I called another dealership this morning up here is Brisbane and got told they would need it over night to work on it while the engine was cold in the morning.
But that's heaps better than the 3 days I was told! Although I was warned if there were any complications/problems they would need it up to 3 days... So I guess they are covering themselves there..
One good thing is I have it booked in for the 12th of next month at Moorooka. So that's better than march next year and potentially cooking it over the summer months....
psaunders

Postby oldplodder on Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:59 pm

Just booked mine into Moorooka Motorama in Brisbane too.
Rang early this morning.
Booked for 4th December.
Only need it one day, would like it dropped off in the late afternoon the day before, so they can park it in the workshop and have a cold engine to work on next morning.
Pick it up that afternoon.

Only work a few blocks away, so a 15 minute walk.

Got my AC coil fan ordered from China too, will install it after the service.
oldplodder
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Tony81 on Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:34 pm

just tried to book in at Toowong as i need to get them to look at a few other things as well....
Got told won't happen till 22 January, umm wow have to find somewhere else sooner..
Tony81
Platinum Subscriber

Postby kxboss on Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:29 pm

"Sudden decrease in fuel consumption...60-80 kms less per fill up."

I had thisa issue as well at 50,000klm any have any suggestions, the girl is serviced as the book says, I changed tyres at 52,000klm to BF Goodies AT, but they are the same size as originals and the fuel economy had dropped to just over 10/100klm it used to be under 10/100 :x
kxboss

Postby ag9111 on Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:54 pm

AT's will use more fuel than HT's
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Postby arangie on Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:25 am

Just got mine. Now to see what new dealer says. Rex in Geelong has given up on Mitsubishi and got to go to Kings Cars.
I just had my 90K done so now I got to go disconnect the chip and the see if the EGR plate is in or out, did not check after last service, but I always leave in and they never complained or mentioned it. I also have the dual fuel filters, catch can, and larger exhaust.... Wonders what the dealer, will think.
arangie

Postby danjimcow on Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:57 pm

Mate of mine just had his GLXR motor replaced @ 20 000ks, I got my recall notice in the mail on Wednesday
danjimcow

Postby dexterboy on Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:29 pm

Have mine booked in tomorrow just a question are they able to drop the coolant with the aftermarket Bash Plate fitted ?
dexterboy

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:36 pm

I would think they'd lower it to access the tap on the radiator which is at the bottom on the passenger side. They would do the same with the factory shield as well if they do have to drop it.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby chrisdoherty87 on Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:31 pm

Mine is booked in this Thursday. Marooka Mitsubishi. Said they only need the car for 2 hours and I can wait there if I like. Odd how it goes from as little as 2 hours to 3 days for the same actions to be carried out by different dealers. Either motorama are just doing the dodgy in out sign off or the other dealers are milking the time and charging mma possibly? Either way I'm not fussed as mine doesn't seem to overheat and the fixes mentioned in the letter can't stuff anything up. Fingers crossed anyway.
chrisdoherty87

Postby tritonliz on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:12 pm

ag9111 wrote:AT's will use more fuel than HT's

Mine have had ATs on from Day 1 so not that, still checking mine out to see if I can figure out what has caused the increase.
tritonliz

Postby Tony81 on Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:53 am

Just got told by nundah mitsubishi up to three days depending on whether there is an issue and the severity of such issue. If no problem then back to me same day..
Tony81
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Fory on Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:04 am

Hi guys,
Got my letter but don't know which stealer I can trust anymore. I have bought 3 new Mitsi's over the past 10 years and all from Redcliffe Northstar Motor Group which is now owned by Norris Motor Group. Challenger was great, 2007 Triton was the best car I have ever owned and the 2010 Triton (current) is the worst. All were serviced by NMG Redcliffe but latest one seems always to require more work than covered by warranty. The final straw was when I took it in for a bad noise that I suggested was a bearing in the Alternator going, to be called and told definitely not Alternator bearing and would need to pull engine down as it was internal. I declined the offer as was told maybe/maybe not warranty and then they charged me $253, which I had to pay before they would release the car. The next weekend I took belts off and started car and believe it or not noise gone! Put belts on one at a time and it was the Alternator as suspected. This took 2 hours on a Saturday afternoon in my driveway by a novice with basic tools, if I had a hoist and a workshop full of tools would that mean I should pull the engine apart too? I found a wrecker open on Sunday morning and paid $160 for a second hand Alternator and fitted it myself so I could work on Monday. Guess what the stealer's Service Manager tells me on when I rang him on Monday morning?

Yep! Not their problem and if I had waited till Monday morning they would have replaced the Alternator FOC. Meanwhile I would have been further out of pocket by not working and he took no responsibility for his mechanics diagnosis of internal problem until he had a chance to talk to the mechanic who was conveniently away at the time. All I wanted was the $160 for the Alternator and the $253 misdiagnosis refunded. Eventually, after going up the food chain without success I finally bulls*^+ed my way to be put through to Paul Norris of NMG and whilst he wouldn't comment on the events he would investigate it.

Long story short, I was eventually refunded the two amounts but not an apology or anything for my troubles except from the New Vehicle Sales Manager who could see a loyal client evaporating before his eyes.

SO! ...... Who do I trust to do the Recall without having them blame the ashtray being full for everything but a Mitsi problem?

Yours in disillusionment.
Fory

Postby gspy4u on Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:14 am

hmmm see my previous response about my opinions on the idot theives at Northstar on the previous page of this topic.

Unfortunately some dealers are just bad, best advise is steer clear of them.

If you find a great one then keep going back until they change owners or whatever, even if it means further travel I wouldn't care as long as they are reasonable then I will give them my business.

So I'm guessing that if i don't get a letter then my model is not likely to be effected by this ??? have a May built 2014 MY15.
gspy4u
Platinum Subscriber

Postby dexterboy on Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:02 am

Dropped mine in this morning at 8am was out of there at 930am.

They also as part of the campaign did some adjustment via the ECU to do with the Turbo Lag.I must say the vehicle goes alot better now and is more responsive.Had to drive home no stops 50kms and Temp Gauge needle is identical to what its always been.And just for your info they dont drop the coolant as such via the bottom drain plug they undo the top radiator hose connect something to the inlet and do a pump flush and refill via there.All good and am very happy with Mitsubishi Newcastle.
dexterboy

Postby patrolus on Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:07 pm

Gspy4u , I
Wouldn't bet on that , I only found my letter in the mail today ... 2010 mn - but written off already ....- maybe I win a new triton though :)
patrolus

Postby jman on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:05 pm

Gspy4u keep an eye on the mail box as I have the same build as you it seems, guess what........ Got the letter two weeks ago! Will be waiting till Feb and do this with the 15k service at same time.
Cheers- Jman
jman

Postby Tony81 on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:39 pm

Just Booked in with Mitsubishi Newstead for the 1st December no loan car though, hopefully they will only need it for the one day..
Tony81
Platinum Subscriber

Postby ToeKutter on Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:19 pm

had my coolant service done today and marked the radiator cap so i could at least check if they changed it. got it back by lunch time and also had the spacer plates fitted for the ARB rear bar while it was there. mines only 5 months old with 7000km on the clock and temp gauge hasn't moved from where it normally sits.
ToeKutter

Postby arangie on Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:35 pm

Hi guys I lifted the bonnet to note down my current pressure cap "1.1" and also notice my coolant is Green.. I could have sworn it was red before I had my timing belts changed at the 95K service.

Any clues. I'm thinking some numskull at the dealer put the wrong coolant in.
If im right I'm going to have fun with this.
arangie

Postby har05l on Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:26 pm

arangie wrote:Hi guys I lifted the bonnet to note down my current pressure cap "1.1" and also notice my coolant is Green.. I could have sworn it was red before I had my timing belts changed at the 95K service.

Any clues. I'm thinking some numskull at the dealer put the wrong coolant in.
If im right I'm going to have fun with this.

Every change I've had the coolant has always been green ;) , including the latest service campaign
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

PreviousNext

Return to Drive Train Components