ECU update for ML diesel

Engines, Gearboxes, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

ECU update for ML diesel

Postby tassietriton on Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:38 pm

Anyone got any news on when the upgrade might be available? :?:
tassietriton

ECU update for ML diesel

Postby ArrowsWA on Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:02 pm

Hey Tassy if u mean the factory upgrade, Bunbury Mits told me just last week by end of August at latest will be available, he wants to do upgrades at scheduled services (thats what he thinks)
Live life now, Tomorrow might not get here
ArrowsWA

ECU update for ML diesel

Postby tassietriton on Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:15 pm

Thx mate. Nothing different here in Tassie.
tassietriton

Re: ECU update for ML diesel

Postby YogiOz on Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:03 am

Anyone know what improvements (or otherwise) it will have?
Mick

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some people are like a Slinky; they aren't good for anything, but they make you smile when you push them down the stairs.
YogiOz

Postby ArrowsWA on Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:39 am

Only that it fix's (is supposed to fix the engine surge at around 100kph people have experienced in the diesels) also some improves in general engine management and possible throttle responses I think thats about it
Live life now, Tomorrow might not get here
ArrowsWA

Postby tassietriton on Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:17 pm

Head mechanic in Hobart says will fix the spluttering/bunnyhopping/running ruff when just on the throttle.
I'll believe it when I see it. :roll:
tassietriton

Postby ML-VR08 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:33 am

Ok after towing a 6m Tabs Boat fully loaded etc....going up a slight hill could feel the faint surge when travelling at around 40km/h this boat would have topped around 2.1tonne or something i have been told and i have only noticed the surge then (when towing weight) is this a problem with the SCV or could it be something else - since i fitted the exhaust?? Im going take the chip off all together and see if that helps?

None the less the Triton towed it with easy - even with the big tyres sat on 100km/h pretty easy - my mate the own is drives a new 70 series cruiser with 35's 5" lift and 3.5" exhaust etc etc etc - and he seems to think the triton tows just as good as his! He said the auto makes a huge difference when towing!
ML-VR08

Postby YogiOz on Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:12 am

ArrowsWA wrote:Only that it fix's (is supposed to fix the engine surge at around 100kph people have experienced in the diesels) also some improves in general engine management and possible throttle responses I think thats about it

It worked a dream:
- surging at 2K revs gone - check
- engine smoother - check
- fuel economy better - check

Am a very happy camper! :D :D :D :D
Mick

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some people are like a Slinky; they aren't good for anything, but they make you smile when you push them down the stairs.
YogiOz

Postby ML-VR08 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:15 am

Yogi,

Do you have the Hotline fix? As my dealer is a bit slow and doesnt know of the fix! If i can provide them with the Hotline it should hurry things up!

Do you have any idea what could cause the surge in mine? As i thought the surge was associated with pre 08 models???
ML-VR08

Postby YogiOz on Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:18 am

The fix is Mitsubishi Hotline fix ML37-002 (fuel pressure). I have an 07 model and this ECU update fixed a few things, the surging being one of them. The surging was due to the engine mapping I was told. The fix rectified that and the fuel consumption is helped by the turbo mapping.
Mick

YogiOz

Postby Buzzy on Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:33 am

Has subiman got this hotline fix number? We need to get them all in one place for easy reference.
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby ML-VR08 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:39 am

I agree buzzy - by the way nice pics! Hope you showed the hilux drivers up!!!
ML-VR08

Postby YogiOz on Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:02 pm

Buzzy wrote:Has subiman got this hotline fix number? We need to get them all in one place for easy reference.

See above
Mick

YogiOz

Return to Drive Train Components