wat can be done to a tritons engine for 10-15k

Engines, Gearboxes, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

Postby PAN1C on Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:47 pm

50% happy...

hi people...
ok after all the taklin and bulls**t goin on..i ended up gettin my dads triton 3.2...*yes monster triton i got the 3.2 glx-r lol,like yours except manual :)*...
so yea its silver now..goin to respray it white..got some body work to get patched up due to my old man not givin a shit about the car lol..and yea well now the xr6 and all the other things are out of the picture :(:):(:) *as u c i dont know if i should be happy or not lol*....so yea looks like im goin to start working the triton..
ill keep updating on this site, mods etc..
this is how i plan to start workin it,not in order :)
#1.fixing up the throttle body..*get it to close quick,and have better throttle response*
#2.intercooler *600x300*
#3.Intercooler piping
#4.ecu.
#5.cold air intake
#6.gauges,boost,air fuel ration,water and oil
#7.boost it
#8.good size turbo *t3,t4 if possible* external wastgate and 2 3 inch exhauts *GOT A PRETTY CRAZY IDEAD WHERE THERE GOIN TO GO*.
#9.rims *zinik 24ich z12s black face with chrome dish*
#10.air bag suspension/
#11.custom stereo system (ALREADY MADE,2 10" subs in a custom fibre glass box mounted in the middle of the back seats)
and yea so far thats all ive thought of
...ill speak to monster triton about ecu's and that stuff in time:)..and yes monster trtion u were right..13-14s is plenty :D...when i think about it ill be thrashing most vl turbos on the road and some xr6ts :twisted:....so yea just thanking everyone for the info, and ill keep updated..
best regards - elvin
PAN1C

Re: wat can be done to a tritons engine for 10-15k

Postby MonsterTriton on Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:32 pm

ahhh dude i got the ecus done today, its fucinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn quick! i just feel a huge surge of torque, nailing u back to your seat, second gear in auto full wheel spin, 3rd over in a flash, and 4th the last gear, well lets wait till i have a stright with less traffic. i tried to get a stright done but only got to 195, before the ecu's and tune and i had to slow down due to traffic.

200 will be plently easy, and well i dont need to go faster than that with a truck that high, with std suspensions and std brakes. anyways its freaking fun now. just droping into D from a standing start, and just put your foot down on the gass, and well what you will get is frankly alot of wheel spin and fish tailing!!! :)
it all really made a difference i can tell it took of already like 2-3seconds of the 0-100, and defentially a low 14 second quater, lets just wait and see for the numbers and videos.
THERE IS A MONSTER IN ALL OF US
MonsterTriton

Postby High Country on Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:36 pm

For 10-15k, ya could probably have a Hilux motor put in it................
Tip # 1 - Avoid stress & grief & low resale values with vehicles - do it once - do it right, buy a HILUX!!
High Country

Postby PAN1C on Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:55 pm

High Country wrote:For 10-15k, ya could probably have a Hilux motor put in it................

y would i put a hilux motor in it???....if i was goin to do an engine conversion ide do the 2jz..but i doubt ide go that far seeing as there quiet a few mods that can be done to the triton..monster triton will be running mid 13s soon..thats funken quick for a 2 tone truck lol...but thanks anyways for the comment..
cheers :)
PAN1C

Postby High Country on Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:50 pm

Because at least a bloody Lux motor will run properly & use less fuel than what a Triton motor does.........
Tip # 1 - Avoid stress & grief & low resale values with vehicles - do it once - do it right, buy a HILUX!!
High Country

Postby PAN1C on Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:47 pm

High Country wrote:Because at least a bloody Lux motor will run properly & use less fuel than what a Triton motor does.........

and wat is wrong with the way a triton runs??....like wat can be done to the hilix performance wise???
PAN1C

Postby MonsterTriton on Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:16 am

the hilux motor is decent but not for high turbo psi! the 4m41 and the 4d56 are the renouned turbocharged diesel japanese made, and are the widest platform used in modifications.

i can tell u stright of the hilux is not as crude and is smoother, slightly faster stockwise. but as soon as you start modifing etc thats a completly different issue!
MonsterTriton

Postby PAN1C on Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:12 pm

MonsterTriton wrote:the hilux motor is decent but not for high turbo psi! the 4m41 and the 4d56 are the renouned turbocharged diesel japanese made, and are the widest platform used in modifications.

i can tell u stright of the hilux is not as crude and is smoother, slightly faster stockwise. but as soon as you start modifing etc thats a completly different issue!

yepp...thank you phil..this other guy was startin to shit me lol...but yea anyways phil..there a few tritons down here in aus cruisin around with the dp chip (piggyback) now..its quoted to give u 200hp and i think it was around the $500 mark ( not exactly sure) so im a bit exited since there some performance parts comming out down here..but i had to ask u if u could tell ur mate to open up an ebay account for the ecus andt stuff...it just makes things way easier (postage and payment wise)..so yea..anyways bro talk to ya oon msn laters...
cyaaaaa
PAN1C

Postby MonsterTriton on Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:39 am

hey bro my friend just came back, i will talk to him about it. i actually have somethng in mind that will help all overseas sales and service. possible a dedicated section for exporting with a wider array of parts.... so lets see :)

btw i re tuned lightbox myself. u can check out my curve....tune.
anyways on monday or tuesday im going to megafire dude to tune megafire, lightbox and a new protype boost cut which works superbbbbbbbbbbbbbb...... :)
yeay! perhaps a dyno to.....!>?
MonsterTriton

Postby Naff on Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:47 pm

Sik :?: That DP chip is about three times that amount Panic.
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby MonsterTriton on Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:03 am

dp chip cost 3times more than what?
MonsterTriton

Postby Naff on Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:22 am

...there a few tritons down here in aus cruisin around with the dp chip (piggyback) now..its quoted to give u 200hp and i think it was around the $500 mark ( not exactly sure) so im a bit exited since there some performance parts comming out down here..

The price of the DP chip is about 3 times more than what PAN1C quoted above.
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby MonsterTriton on Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:42 am

oh the dp chip is $1500????

im going to the tuner today :) will tell u what happens with my triton.... :)
MonsterTriton

Previous

Return to Drive Train Components