wat can be done to a tritons engine for 10-15k

Engines, Gearboxes, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

wat can be done to a tritons engine for 10-15k

Postby PAN1C on Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:25 pm

hi everyone..
im looking to buy my first triton and im a bit of a performance freak :twisted: lol..so ive put money on the side to work it "HARD" :)...and info on turbo kits for the petrol or heavy performance mods for the diesel would be great..
best regards - elvin :)
PAN1C

Re: wat can be done to a tritons engine for 10-15k

Postby subi_man on Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:31 am

check out the profile of Monster Triton... that's in the territory of heavy performance mods :twisted:
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Postby Stu on Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:57 am

for 15k you could just drop a v8 in it
If god didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of food
Stu

Postby Naff on Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:28 pm

Yeah or a V10 Toureg engine with 850Nm of torque 8-)

Why stuff around when you won't even come close to those figures hehehe
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Jitsukablue on Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:45 pm

Nah, Nah, you want the W12 Diesel that pulled the jumbo...
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

Postby PAN1C on Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:49 pm

NaffX214 wrote:Yeah or a V10 Toureg engine with 850Nm of torque 8-)

Why stuff around when you won't even come close to those figures hehehe

yea but mate its the whole point of having the quickest triton..anyone can just chuck a v8-10 in it u know..
PAN1C

Postby dezman on Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:26 am

hey panic, RPW has a supercharger kit for the petrol model triton think its about $6,500. There website is www.rpw.com.au. they do a lot of mitsubishi stuff.
dezman

Postby PAN1C on Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:34 pm

dezman wrote:hey panic, RPW has a supercharger kit for the petrol model triton think its about $6,500. There website is http://www.rpw.com.au. they do a lot of mitsubishi stuff.

thank you so much mate..really helps me out :)..but ive made up my mind..its either and xr6t or a triton..if i find out the triton can have some serious work done to it..then ill go for the triton,but if not its xr6t all the way..
thanks again mate..
best ragards - elvin
PAN1C

Postby rambo7 on Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:14 pm

my son just got his xr6 turbo ute---boy is it quick--they say its the most powerful car on the aussie market --something about power to weight ratio---all i know is its great to drive --poor diesel triton will hardly get driven now
rambo7

Postby PAN1C on Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:28 pm

rambo7 wrote:my son just got his xr6 turbo ute---boy is it quick--they say its the most powerful car on the aussie market --something about power to weight ratio---all i know is its great to drive --poor diesel triton will hardly get driven now

lol i know what u meen...u can get the xr6t running 11s for under 10k..im happy to spend 15k on the tritons engine,but i know no matter what i do to it it would never be as quick as an xr6t will...id love to chuck and rb30 in the triton but theres s^%t all room in there..i got told that one of my best options for the triton would be is to put an sr20 in it...so my mind is still 40/60 on the xr6t(60) and triton(40) lol...
if anyone would have any info on engine conversions for the triton please let me know.:)
best regards - elvin
PAN1C

Postby PAN1C on Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:50 pm

can a 2jz be fitted to a triton????....if yes ill buy the triton now :)..any info will be great
PAN1C

Postby MonsterTriton on Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:57 am

haha, ok first of u forgot to add me on msn ill tell u about the mods u can do, philip_massoud@hotmail.com
first of in thailand, where i live, their are alot of modified tritons, (though 4x4 modified is rare)- anyways to continue, their are plently of swaps.

first of u have a 4x4, dont get the sr20-, first of all the torque capacity will be alot lower then your diesel, not to menation how little the engine and tranmission weigh...

their are 4 popullar swaps for tritons in thailand....believe it or not, these converisons are crazy, but if anyone of u have been to thailand,,,u would know u can drive anything on the road, just has to registered and insured..., anyways here are the swaps that would do you good:

1jz-gte (supra 280hp-320hp -single turbo best for drags)2500cc
2jz-gte (supra 320hp- two small turbos- good for circuit)3000cc
(then u have the options of turning the 1jz into a twin turbo, and vice verse for the 2jz to a single)
then u have the 3jz (thai built, either a 1jz bottom with a 2jz top- good for around 500-600whp, or either a 2jz bottom and a 1jz top...similar power but it better for drags.)

anyways beside these engines u also have

the 1UZ (landrover V8-245hp) petrol.....- its good that u can maintain the 4x4 though it would be fulltime.
the next and my personal favourite for the triton...
4G63-evo 9 engine- 280hp, mounted vertically, full time 4x4... ofcourse in thailand its no stock evo engine in their.
you could even put a 3s-gte (toyota mr-2engine)- friend of mine converted his rav4- to a 3s-gte, 4x4 full time and is modified to 500hp. he runs low 12's. quater..

anyways my next project with the triton if i dont kill me self with it, is a twinturbo setup. :)- it has already been fully designed by me ofcourse haha and a particular garage that does the modification. if i have a scanner....this month race truck front cover magazine is a , L200 4m40 -2.8L TWINTURBO ONE TURBONETICS T88-34D- THE OTHER HOLSET HX35....THE EXHAUST IS POPING OUTSIDE THE HOOD, ofcourse thats no street setup, but mine would be if i have enough funds and balls :).
THERE IS A MONSTER IN ALL OF US
MonsterTriton

Postby MonsterTriton on Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:07 am

ohhhhhhhhhh yes i forgot , if yours isnt a 4x4 then choose whatever,
but remember that a triton 4x4 with a jz series or rb series, would mean it would converted to rear wheel full time, good if u like drifting, but terriable for offroad haha.

for me im not intrested in engine swaps, for the triton....it doesnt take alot to throw a different engine in. but im keeping my standard engine and building it up as much as i can..... thus in my opinion is regarded much higher.

anyways what ever it is u want it can be done. :) you and ur bro take a trip to bangkok, thailand. im sure these (jap 4cilinder truck modified will blow your mind). their are many tritons breaking 13 seconds quater with the simplest triton the naturally makes like 102hp or something... hahaha (and these guys have the same engine in their) for the 4x4 im aiming high 14's i hope.
MonsterTriton

Postby PAN1C on Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:48 pm

MonsterTriton wrote:haha, ok first of u forgot to add me on msn ill tell u about the mods u can do, philip_massoud@hotmail.com
first of in thailand, where i live, their are alot of modified tritons, (though 4x4 modified is rare)- anyways to continue, their are plently of swaps.

first of u have a 4x4, dont get the sr20-, first of all the torque capacity will be alot lower then your diesel, not to menation how little the engine and tranmission weigh...

their are 4 popullar swaps for tritons in thailand....believe it or not, these converisons are crazy, but if anyone of u have been to thailand,,,u would know u can drive anything on the road, just has to registered and insured..., anyways here are the swaps that would do you good:

1jz-gte (supra 280hp-320hp -single turbo best for drags)2500cc
2jz-gte (supra 320hp- two small turbos- good for circuit)3000cc
(then u have the options of turning the 1jz into a twin turbo, and vice verse for the 2jz to a single)
then u have the 3jz (thai built, either a 1jz bottom with a 2jz top- good for around 500-600whp, or either a 2jz bottom and a 1jz top...similar power but it better for drags.)

anyways beside these engines u also have

the 1UZ (landrover V8-245hp) petrol.....- its good that u can maintain the 4x4 though it would be fulltime.
the next and my personal favourite for the triton...
4G63-evo 9 engine- 280hp, mounted vertically, full time 4x4... ofcourse in thailand its no stock evo engine in their.
you could even put a 3s-gte (toyota mr-2engine)- friend of mine converted his rav4- to a 3s-gte, 4x4 full time and is modified to 500hp. he runs low 12's. quater..

anyways my next project with the triton if i dont kill me self with it, is a twinturbo setup. :)- it has already been fully designed by me ofcourse haha and a particular garage that does the modification. if i have a scanner....this month race truck front cover magazine is a , L200 4m40 -2.8L TWINTURBO ONE TURBONETICS T88-34D- THE OTHER HOLSET HX35....THE EXHAUST IS POPING OUTSIDE THE HOOD, ofcourse thats no street setup, but mine would be if i have enough funds and balls :).

OMG mate thank you for all this info..just yesterday i was looking on the net for prices for the 2jz and rbs, i was happy with all the prices i found but i wasent sure if it would fit in the triton ....would u think that a rb30 would fit in the triton??..if not ill most prob go with the 2jz,3jz or even keep the original motor if you get urs running quick enough :)...and yea i was thinking of gettin the 4x2 triton, cause im not really for off roading,im looking more for drift,burnout and drag comps u know :twisted: ...but mate i just want to give u the biggest thanks for all this info..it really helps me out and if ur sure the jz and rb series motors can fit in the triton..there xr6t is out of the list..triton all the way lol...can you post of some videos of your triton to..i wanna hear the monster lol :)..and ill definitely keep in touch...oh and one more thing,can engine mods,parts etc be posted from thai..well thanks again for all the info..keep in touch..
best regards - elvin :)
PAN1C

Postby MonsterTriton on Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:11 pm

OMG mate thank you for all this info..just yesterday i was looking on the net for prices for the 2jz and rbs, i was happy with all the prices i found but i wasent sure if it would fit in the triton ....would u think that a rb30 would fit in the triton??..if not ill most prob go with the 2jz,3jz or even keep the original motor if you get urs running quick enough ...and yea i was thinking of gettin the 4x2 triton, cause im not really for off roading,im looking more for drift,burnout and drag comps u know ...but mate i just want to give u the biggest thanks for all this info..it really helps me out and if ur sure the jz and rb series motors can fit in the triton..there xr6t is out of the list..triton all the way lol...can you post of some videos of your triton to..i wanna hear the monster lol ..and ill definitely keep in touch...oh and one more thing,can engine mods,parts etc be posted from thai..well thanks again for all the info..keep in touch..
best regards - elvin

Hey elvin, no prob's about the info.

yes ofcourse you can fit the 2jz in the triton, though in australia i havents seen any swaps like that, (i think its illegal to have a street driven car with a different engine make - its not a mitsubishi, u got a toyota engine in their.....) anyways...i have no concerns for that shit here, but if you want my honest opinion,

dont go for the rb...i was first of thinking the rd26dett (skyline gtr engine 320hp twinturbo simotanously working)-fastest of all the engines....though anyways the problems with the rb's is the wiring is such a bitch, and since everything is seriously hooked up to everysensor, its a more complicated swap not to menation more likely to have (electronic) problems with, which in the end a simple error wont allow u to start your triton.) anyways thats my opinion.

if you really want to swap the engine, then yea put the 2jz....(they dont make 3jz in australia), as for me i would get a 2jz single turbo, or even a 1jz one single turbo making alot of boost! :).....

anyways their are several trucks in thailand with the 4m40 pushing high 11's and low 12's with diesels 4cilinder....just modified turbo, tranmission is usually swapped for a 1jz gte gearbox....(hence the rear wheel drive)

if you get the 4x2, in my opinion its ok. i mean it comes with just the 2.5L, thusif u want to swap it its fine. the 4d56 can make alot of power to though. though the 4x4 only weighing like 100kg more than the 4x2, but that leaves all options still their. i mean even if u want to swap to a 2jz u can, u just cant use your 4x4.... but then again if u dont want to swap it the 4m41 will gurantte more power and tq. anyways bro, im in the process of changing to mild steel modified turbo headers, so i can put my 35psi external hks wastegate in (about 2.3bar), then on wensday its going for further ecu, modifications with a boost cut controller and throttle booster, thursday or friday at latest we dyno the car. it should me making the same power as a 2jz about 280-300hp with about 600-650nm of tq....well at lest thats my/friends estimate. soooo yea, its up to you really. btw with 650nm of tq drifting is the easiest thing. drags are easy to. i still have rearwheel drive fulltime, thus i use that for drags, and drifting...and up terrian my 4x4.

remember if u dont get the 4x4, you wont have an lsd, (hybrid lsd for the triton) which means drifting and drags are going to be a major bitch not to menation dangerous -drifting- with a high center gravity truck, will no lsd....trouble haha....
so the 4x4 wont have that issue. dude in the wet its redicilous the drift's are a simple half throttle away..drags well put it this way, this the most minimum tunning and only at 22psi of boost-with only one piggieback and turbokit (i kicked the shit out of my friends b16a sir2 civic 3dr- 175hp (900kg body)- about 190hp per ton, (my truck with me etc weighs about 2100kg) and with unknown powerlevels at that tune, start of from 60....ending at a very modest 180, the race was over in like 7-8seconds im guessing.) point was i still beat a 190hp perton (approz 270-280hp for twotones)....

and now with the header and installation of my external wastegate, boost level will end at 30-35psi.plus i will have one of the most advanced piggiback ecu for these diesel (megafire) and a boostcut controller, with boost speed, not including my current fuel injection controller-lightbox. so im hoping 280hp or more. i dont want to put my expectations to high, because first i will probably be disapointed, second i have a [censored] automatic hhaha....

(what parts do u want? ill see, their is a 250hp 500-550nm of tq multi piggieback pacgage here (includes megafire, boostcut, boost speed,)-with increase boost-completely safe. cost is about 50,000bhat.... ummm close to 2000. expensive. but this is requires not part modifications,....so its good for extra towing power etc, or to keep it standard with just modified electronics......

anyways i wrote to much....haha
MonsterTriton

Postby PAN1C on Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:45 pm

MonsterTriton wrote:OMG mate thank you for all this info..just yesterday i was looking on the net for prices for the 2jz and rbs, i was happy with all the prices i found but i wasent sure if it would fit in the triton ....would u think that a rb30 would fit in the triton??..if not ill most prob go with the 2jz,3jz or even keep the original motor if you get urs running quick enough ...and yea i was thinking of gettin the 4x2 triton, cause im not really for off roading,im looking more for drift,burnout and drag comps u know ...but mate i just want to give u the biggest thanks for all this info..it really helps me out and if ur sure the jz and rb series motors can fit in the triton..there xr6t is out of the list..triton all the way lol...can you post of some videos of your triton to..i wanna hear the monster lol ..and ill definitely keep in touch...oh and one more thing,can engine mods,parts etc be posted from thai..well thanks again for all the info..keep in touch..
best regards - elvin

Hey elvin, no prob's about the info.

yes ofcourse you can fit the 2jz in the triton, though in australia i havents seen any swaps like that, (i think its illegal to have a street driven car with a different engine make - its not a mitsubishi, u got a toyota engine in their.....) anyways...i have no concerns for that shit here, but if you want my honest opinion,

dont go for the rb...i was first of thinking the rd26dett (skyline gtr engine 320hp twinturbo simotanously working)-fastest of all the engines....though anyways the problems with the rb's is the wiring is such a bitch, and since everything is seriously hooked up to everysensor, its a more complicated swap not to menation more likely to have (electronic) problems with, which in the end a simple error wont allow u to start your triton.) anyways thats my opinion.

if you really want to swap the engine, then yea put the 2jz....(they dont make 3jz in australia), as for me i would get a 2jz single turbo, or even a 1jz one single turbo making alot of boost! :).....

anyways their are several trucks in thailand with the 4m40 pushing high 11's and low 12's with diesels 4cilinder....just modified turbo, tranmission is usually swapped for a 1jz gte gearbox....(hence the rear wheel drive)

if you get the 4x2, in my opinion its ok. i mean it comes with just the 2.5L, thusif u want to swap it its fine. the 4d56 can make alot of power to though. though the 4x4 only weighing like 100kg more than the 4x2, but that leaves all options still their. i mean even if u want to swap to a 2jz u can, u just cant use your 4x4.... but then again if u dont want to swap it the 4m41 will gurantte more power and tq. anyways bro, im in the process of changing to mild steel modified turbo headers, so i can put my 35psi external hks wastegate in (about 2.3bar), then on wensday its going for further ecu, modifications with a boost cut controller and throttle booster, thursday or friday at latest we dyno the car. it should me making the same power as a 2jz about 280-300hp with about 600-650nm of tq....well at lest thats my/friends estimate. soooo yea, its up to you really. btw with 650nm of tq drifting is the easiest thing. drags are easy to. i still have rearwheel drive fulltime, thus i use that for drags, and drifting...and up terrian my 4x4.

remember if u dont get the 4x4, you wont have an lsd, (hybrid lsd for the triton) which means drifting and drags are going to be a major bitch not to menation dangerous -drifting- with a high center gravity truck, will no lsd....trouble haha....
so the 4x4 wont have that issue. dude in the wet its redicilous the drift's are a simple half throttle away..drags well put it this way, this the most minimum tunning and only at 22psi of boost-with only one piggieback and turbokit (i kicked the shit out of my friends b16a sir2 civic 3dr- 175hp (900kg body)- about 190hp per ton, (my truck with me etc weighs about 2100kg) and with unknown powerlevels at that tune, start of from 60....ending at a very modest 180, the race was over in like 7-8seconds im guessing.) point was i still beat a 190hp perton (approz 270-280hp for twotones)....

and now with the header and installation of my external wastegate, boost level will end at 30-35psi.plus i will have one of the most advanced piggiback ecu for these diesel (megafire) and a boostcut controller, with boost speed, not including my current fuel injection controller-lightbox. so im hoping 280hp or more. i dont want to put my expectations to high, because first i will probably be disapointed, second i have a [censored] automatic hhaha....

(what parts do u want? ill see, their is a 250hp 500-550nm of tq multi piggieback pacgage here (includes megafire, boostcut, boost speed,)-with increase boost-completely safe. cost is about 50,000bhat.... ummm close to 2000. expensive. but this is requires not part modifications,....so its good for extra towing power etc, or to keep it standard with just modified electronics......

anyways i wrote to much....haha

ok bro so lets say i get the 2.5l ...what $$ will i be looking at to get it runnins low 11s *even 10s if possible*....
or if i was to get the 3.2..what $$ will i be lookin at.and what parts would there be *IF U CAN LIST THEM ALL THAT WOULD BE GREAT :) * but look at it this way..if i know the engine can reach 11s-10s..i wont even think about the 2jz..
best regards - elvin :D
PAN1C

Postby PAN1C on Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:02 am

oh and one reason im leaning more towards the 2.5 glx is because its over 10k less..with 10k i can surely put the glxr features on it :)...and about the lsd on the glx..thats no problem..i plan on changing most of that s&%t anyways :twisted: lol...ow and i dont need 4 wheel drive,im only intrested in rwd..and question: the glx 2.5l is 100kw stock..is it possible to get thoses figures into the 300+kw at the wheels area??..i added u on msn to :) forgot to mention before lol..
thanks again
PAN1C

Postby Naff on Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:44 pm

PAN1C wrote:..it really helps me out and if ur sure the jz and rb series motors can fit in the triton..there xr6t is out of the list..triton all the way lol...

Haha.. 2 days ago you said anyone can chuck a V8 or a V10 in it, you wanted to have the quickest Triton... now you are talking about Supra engines etc... what's the difference? :?:
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby PAN1C on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:48 pm

NaffX214 wrote:
PAN1C wrote:..it really helps me out and if ur sure the jz and rb series motors can fit in the triton..there xr6t is out of the list..triton all the way lol...

Haha.. 2 days ago you said anyone can chuck a V8 or a V10 in it, you wanted to have the quickest Triton... now you are talking about Supra engines etc... what's the difference? :?:

lol well 2 days ago i thought there could be a little more done to the triton..but i wasent to happy with the answer i got..so i decided to go 2jz..but then my monster triton and my older bro made me make up my mind...its either the triton diesel 3.2 running 13s-12s *ITS POSSIBLE*..or if i really want to go nuts i will chuck the 2jz single turbo in..so yea :D..monster triton helpd me make up my mind but..he said 12-13s on a triton is nuts when u think about it..ill be thrashing most vl turbos on the road and stock xr6 turbos lol..thats pretty sik figures for 4x4..so yea there it is..
choice #1..triton 3.2 diesel running 12-13s..
#2..triton 2jz 4x2 but engine fully worked..non of that just boost it up and bigger turbo..i meen like as much as that engine can take..
so there it easy..
best regards - elvin
PAN1C

Postby MonsterTriton on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:50 am

hey guys,

Panic, i did state u can make the triton get up to 11's or 12's, what u would need about 500hp and u will need to strip it out badly. try to get it 1300kg. which meanssssssssss alot of custom modifications. but it can be done. otherwise u can just put 700hp 2jz engine in the 4x2. should run 11's or a bit less.
MonsterTriton

Postby barraxt on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:17 pm

Why go after an RB30 when you can have an RB26?
Why do that when you can have an L98 6.0 Litre Chev...when in doubt, Chev it!

Better still, just drive the stocker Triton and go spend $20k on a bombed R32 GTR from Japan
barraxt

Postby Stu on Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:17 pm

I still say go the v8, an ls1 or ls3 with a blower/intercooler and fuel system will give you upwards of 400kw @ the flywheel while leaving the motor stock. A smaller motor worked within a bees dick of it's existance will stil get impressive figures but if you get more than 100,000 kms without a rebuild I'd be suprised.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Commodore-VZ-6-0 ... dZViewItem
http://www.capa.com.au/kits_holden_vz_v8.htm
Also an 8 would be a better fit as it's about the same length as a 4 just a bit wider at the top but a v6 already fits so you shouldn't have any probs. Keep us posted whichever way you go on this
If god didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of food
Stu

Postby PAN1C on Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:39 pm

barraxt wrote:Why go after an RB30 when you can have an RB26?
Why do that when you can have an L98 6.0 Litre Chev...when in doubt, Chev it!

Better still, just drive the stocker Triton and go spend $20k on a bombed R32 GTR from Japan

yea well mate thats what im doin...my old man even told me that if i get the triton..no matter how much i work it it wont we as quick as his lotus lol..and thats exactly what he said "keep the triton stock,go pick up and r34"..so yea i made up my mind..the triton is out of the picture for now..i just might to some simple shit to it like turbo,cooler,piping and boost u know..but im gonna pik up the r34 as soon as i get back to aus..most probaly a damged one from fowles,that way i can chuck on the r34 gtr kit..or if i find a r34 gtr for a good price..its just so much easier to work this kind of cars..they got crazy hp kits for the rbs for shit all $$$..so yea
sorry if i wasted anyones time..
take it easy people :)
PAN1C

Postby MonsterTriton on Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:23 am

sure, but dont go killing your self now.

btw a gtr? good luck with insurance not to menation all decent gtr's are like 60-70k, other thrashed gtr u can find for dirt cheap. just remember u get what u paid for. :)

anyways bro, hope u get the ride u want :) weather xr6t, or gtr, or even evo mr.....etc
MonsterTriton

Postby PAN1C on Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:58 pm

MonsterTriton wrote:sure, but dont go killing your self now.

btw a gtr? good luck with insurance not to menation all decent gtr's are like 60-70k, other thrashed gtr u can find for dirt cheap. just remember u get what u paid for. :)

anyways bro, hope u get the ride u want :) weather xr6t, or gtr, or even evo mr.....etc

yea my old man said we can register it under his name for insurance if i get the gtr...if i get the gtt ill put that under my name..
so yea..thanks anyways bro..keep workin your triton and posting up the mods u doing to it..who noes if u get it running 12-13s lol..ill think about workin one lol:P...
take it easy bro.. :)
PAN1C

Next

Return to Drive Train Components