Screamer pipe/Dose pipe?

Engines, Gearboxes, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

Screamer pipe/Dose pipe?

Postby brenze87 on Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:52 pm

Hey guys have any of you fiitted one of these to your turbo diesel or know whats involved in doing so. Any knowledge would be appreciated. Cheers
brenze87

Re: Screamer pipe/Dose pipe?

Postby Greedy on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:27 am

Pardon my ignorance but what is it. :?:
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Buzzy on Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:14 pm

A thing that makes your car go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrphsssssssss brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrphssssssss when you change gears, just like a rice burner.
You fit one if you are a wanker :lol:
I think thats what he's talking about.
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby Sapient on Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:31 pm

Ahhhhh the old wankers whistle........... I would love to know who has fitted one of these to a DiD Triton cause I want to point and laugh. :mrgreen:
Sapient
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Austblue on Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:50 pm

That's a blow-off valve right?

From another forum
Screamer pipe is the external wastegate exhaust pipe that legally should be joined back into the exhaust before the cat. However to be a proper "screamer pipe" it does not join into the exhaust, it dumps straight out into the atmosphere creating a noise similar to a Jet at full noise when it starts to take off. Very loud, very cool, very illegal, very annoying after the first week.
Austblue

Postby ArrowsWA on Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:51 pm

So it's just for Jet Pilots n W*nker"s then, based on above observation's, glad I didn't fit one on my Ford F6, though that did take off like a jet fighter "" Especially at traffic light's""
Live life now, Tomorrow might not get here
ArrowsWA

Postby Jitsukablue on Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:20 pm

Yeah, we've already had this thread on BOVs. My area must be full of wankers then! Next door has a straight through exhaust and a turbo timer, which vibrates my head every time he parks it, which is bizarely often. Wish I knew how to report an illigal mod.
Hey brenze87, were you on ACA recently!
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

Postby brenze87 on Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:37 pm

Don't mean to have a go at some of you guys but being only 21 not 40 years old, these sort of things interest me. I like my ute because its 4x4 but i still like "Jap crap" cars that sound like "jet plains". You talk about illegal modifications to cars and the police should be called, just wondering how many members on this site have bigger tyres, i'm sure that's illegal. End of the day its my ute and what i do with it my choice. I didnt post a thread asking for anyone's oppinion on weather or not they are for wankers. All i wanted to know if anyone had done it or knew the right way to do it on our utes.
brenze87

Postby Naff on Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:51 pm

Fair call brenze87 - you are free to do what you like and shouldn't be judged. But looking at the replies it appears the answer to your initial question is a pretty solid NO.

Jitska.. can you use the hoon hotline for that? WA is new to me, as far as I know, they don't have it over NSW... you have to catch them on camera or video. What is also new to me is the sticker system that seems pretty strict - if you reported the guy for noise pollution they would have to check it out and will no doubt give him a sticker ;) Don't know if you do that with the DPI or the police.
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby ArrowsWA on Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:20 pm

Brenze

No one's having a go at u, just the warped sense of humour you'll find in here. Hey 40's not so bad used to 21 (once) and some of us over 40's have a second car for our now a little less often, occasional need for speed :D
Live life now, Tomorrow might not get here
ArrowsWA

Postby Austblue on Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:24 am

Brenze welcome to the internet mate. If you don't want people's opinions then I'm sorry but the internet might not be for you but I'd suggest rather than running away you develop some thicker skin hey?
Austblue

Postby fazza81 on Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:55 am

If anyone is interested.

Screamer pipe = Is a pipe when using an external waste gate on the turbo (not used on most diesels) to vent the waste air straight to atsmophere when you car reaches max boost setting.

Blow off valve = A valve the releases pressure between the turbo and the throttle body (also not used in diesels as the require engine vacum to work) this prevents the turbo suddenly spinning backwards when a gear is changed.

So both have a purpose in the right situation and in my younger days used both. Screamer pipes are much more suited to drag cars to release as much gas as quickly as possible.

And yes I had a Blow off valve and a turbo timer on my RX7 to prolong turbo life. btw not all blow off valves make noise.

Now i drive a 96 TD Pajy looking at upgrading to a DiD triton soon. (but I still have my toys building a 1934 roadster)
fazza81

Postby Jitsukablue on Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:52 pm

Brenza, nothing personal mate, we're all just a bunch of wankers! I just get pissed off with guys tearing up and down my street. I'm only 28, but with age comes the realisation that actions have consequences, such as if someone were to clip a parked car on our road, they could easily end up going into, or through the flats on the downhill side of our road (the road follows the contour lines of the hill with flats built on the downhill side of the road, so 2nd-3rd story is ground level).

Thanks for the clarification fazza, but diesel tritons do have throttle bodies, believe it or not. Someone got all teary eyed about NOx emisions I imagine.
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

Postby Buzzy on Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:40 pm

Brenza,
Nothing ment by it on my part, just having a laugh. Ah yeh and were not all 40 mate!
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby pbrow1 on Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:14 pm

Hi Brenza,

Have a look here - Monstertriton has one. He has the contacts too. For the young at heart it sounds cool! I'm 50 & kinda like it, though my personal preference is silence - so I can surprise the guys in the other car.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1382

For what it's worth, the police (Qld I think) have impounded cars from ALL age groups. A lot of 40-50 year old guys & even an old age pensioner too had their cars impounded. Like many others, I too would like to relive my youth.

Have fun, safely!
pbrow1

Postby barraxt on Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:33 pm

Ah yes Arrows - the occasional need for speed.

We've all had our fair shair when we were younger and yes, we have those toys that do provide that pure unadulterated rush when you unleash them. The only difference as you get older is the value of the toys, how you treat them and the cunning craft that comes with age...when to use them and get away with it.
barraxt

Postby Blue on Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:25 am

barraxt wrote:Ah yes Arrows - the occasional need for speed.

We've all had our fair shair when we were younger and yes, we have those toys that do provide that pure unadulterated rush when you unleash them. The only difference as you get older is the value of the toys, how you treat them and the cunning craft that comes with age...when to use them and get away with it.

I share your sentiments barra - I know my limits so the old DRZ got a new set of 17's and some sticky pirelli's (old age creeping up again - Michelins, the new pirelli's are the knobbies :roll: ) for those 'rush of blood to the head' days... It's such a rush to whip litre bikes through the twisties, just a shame they include straight bits of road where they pass me like I'm standing still... :( :lol:
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt or fish.
Blue
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Drive Train Components