Auto Gear box

Engines, Gearboxes, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

Auto Gear box

Postby schimno on Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:26 pm

Just booked my V6 auto (yes V6)Triton in to local dealer. Last few months gear box appears to be searching for right gear when low speeds (like going round corners) and then seems to clunk into what ever gear it thinks right. Its that obvious even the better half half says that can't be good. Its a fair jolt so it'll be interesting to hear their stories. :( :( Vehicle is 2006, done 43000. Maybe bands need tightening up???
"Its not what you do, its how you do it"
schimno

Re: Auto Gear box

Postby Jitsukablue on Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:04 pm

What was the go schimno?
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

Postby Install on Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:28 pm

As you might have seen from my recent post my Auto just "lunched" it'self; when it got returned from the dealer it had a issue searching for gears and "Clunking" badly into 2-3 change up; needless to say it went straight back!. The rear speed sensor (there is two on the Auto box) was changed and back to being perfect again. Apparently must have got broken when the gbox was out.

Don't know whether this is your issue but the changes are electrically controlled via inputs from those speed sensors & others so if they aren't reading right the gear changes don't change right either.
If you're in control, you ain't going fast enuff!
Install

Postby schimno on Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:34 pm

They put it down to the oil level being down abit,they added 500mls. Thought fair enough... was good for abit but has started up again so I'm revisiting the dealer...Honestly, my dealer seems pretty good about most issues.Have bought last 3 cars through the shop and they have been good to me...OH NO>>>>Am I a sucker for punishment....Damn Damn Damn...thought I was special........There goes my special deal for 08/T/D Auto...Horse and cart looking good...Nope.... sorry sucker or not.... love my triton
"Its not what you do, its how you do it"
schimno

Return to Drive Train Components