Cooling System Service Campaign

Engines, Gearboxes, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

Re: Cooling System Service Campaign

Postby littleJohnny on Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:35 pm

DibbyDibbyDJ wrote:Give us some details about your ute....

Full flush when changed the radiator, (weekend before last) the water jacket area behind the pump and thermostat spotless, like new!
Don’t think it’s running rich, still plenty of power and little smoke. Fuel consumption is good.

Do you think I should’ve removed the shroud?
littleJohnny

Postby Benno01 on Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:25 pm

G'day all,

A week ago my MN14 MY15 engine light came on and the temp started rise above the normal. Took it my mechanic to check it out. The engine light was a "low end sensor" but had no other signs of overheating.

Fast forward a week, car started to overheat again. Pulled the car to the side and checked it out. I could here bubbling from both the radiator and overflow bottle. I dropped the car off to my local dealership today hoping to get some answers. They advised me that they can't look at the car until (possibly) the start of next week.

Hoping its a quick fix (not holding my breath).

What did everyone report to there dealership (if it differs from the above?

Car details:
MN14 MY15
107000km's
No issues until now.

Cheers.
Benno01

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:58 pm

Hopefully there will be an overheat code in the ECU.

Im not sure about now but in January engines were taking a month to arrive due to short supply caused by COVID.

Hope its quicker for you now
White 2018 MQ (4N15) Sportsbar, Nudge bar, Towbar, EDS
DibbyDibbyDJ

Postby Benno01 on Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:11 am

Benno01 wrote:G'day all,

A week ago my MN14 MY15 engine light came on and the temp started rise above the normal. Took it my mechanic to check it out. The engine light was a "low end sensor" but had no other signs of overheating.

Fast forward a week, car started to overheat again. Pulled the car to the side and checked it out. I could here bubbling from both the radiator and overflow bottle. I dropped the car off to my local dealership today hoping to get some answers. They advised me that they can't look at the car until (possibly) the start of next week.

Hoping its a quick fix (not holding my breath).

What did everyone report to there dealership (if it differs from the above?

Car details:
MN14 MY15
107000km's
No issues until now.

Cheers.

G'day all,

Update: MMAL have accepted a long motor replacement and I have received the car back. Total down time 6 weeks however, hire vehicle (2021 Triton 20000km's, might need to speak to the finance department to buy a new car) was handed over for 4 weeks of the above timeframe.

I hope everyone has the same luck I have had with this issue.

PM me if you need assistance or want to know any further details.

Cheers.
Benno01

Postby scumbag on Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:00 pm

Experiencing something similar too what has been described by others , car started over heating last nov towing a car trailer.
Its since had a new themostat, radiator and 3 different caps
Still over heats on the freeway, towing our small caravan last about 1.5hr- 2hrs untill it starts getting hot.
Over flow bottle is always bubbling away once shut off
Car has 210 000km only started playing up at 200 000 ish
Had a new cylinder head fitted at 110 000km due to cam shaft cap failure.
Over heated last night doing 100km on a flat freeway 10c outside not working hard at all problem seems to be getting worse
Car is a 2009 glxr... any ideas
scumbag

Postby ddddbbbb on Thu May 13, 2021 1:15 pm

Hi All.

Mitsubishi approved a new engine via the dealer last week. 99,000km, typical scenario on the highway a couple of months ago, check engine light and overheated. Never knew it was an issue, but read through everything here and was well prepared when I took it in.

Hoping someone can assist me with the below question:

Dealer has advised there are no long motors in the country and has advised they are ordering a short block and new head, and assembling themselves. From what I have read, Mitsubishi have finally addressed the issue and the new motors have a different part no. for the head assembly. Does anyone know the new number/how I can be sure I am not getting a new head that may have the same issue?

Appreciate all the previous input here. Very helpful
ddddbbbb

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Thu May 13, 2021 5:20 pm

Its not the head that is the issue, its the block that is the problem, and the short motors are fine, just the long ones that were faulty
White 2018 MQ (4N15) Sportsbar, Nudge bar, Towbar, EDS
DibbyDibbyDJ

Previous

Return to Drive Train Components