Cooling System Service Campaign

Engines, Gearboxes, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

Re: Cooling System Service Campaign

Postby slicvs on Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:39 pm

Update- ute still in goulburn after 6 weeks , new motor is in apparantly but they are still connecting everything.. service manager told me 3 days to change over engines but its taken over a week.. sick of getting told excuses, everything seems to take a week longer than what they say... havent been given a loaner vehicle or even an option of one nor any compensation for travel expenses and loss of income for not having my work vehicle... has anyone ever recieved any compensation of the kind off MMA?... its getting beyond a joke now and I just want my ute back! Sorry for the whinge but im just so frustrated with the whole event and lack of service I have received

mick
T rusty
slicvs

Postby kingy on Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:34 pm

Yeah u should be given a hire car from hertz or someone like that. I had one for a few months
kingy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Turtlewa on Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:02 pm

Ring MMA first thing I would have done mate I got a loan car that way from them for 2 weeks waiting for SRS loom to come in and be replaced a few months back
Turtlewa

Postby MN GLXR on Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:38 am

My leaky radiator drain tap was fixed today with a new oring. But in the process they obviously lost some coolant and did not top up the overflow bottle which was empty. Useless!!!!!!!!
MN GLXR

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:52 am

That's a bit shit
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Cage on Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:48 pm

Glad I saw this thread as my July '13 build is going in for it's 12 month/15,000 service in a few weeks.

Just checked the coolant level and it's sitting between MIN and MAX and I've never topped it up in almost 10,000 K's.

Do you think I should let the dealer's service department know that I'm aware of the problem, or wait and see what they do first?
Cage

Postby fairmontpsbf on Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:04 pm

Have the GLX MY14 booked in tomorrow for the cooling system checks etc, has done 26K and no problems to date.

Thought it better to get done separate to the larger 30K service, don't want them distracted doing too much at once !! The 30K should be another 1-2 months away, and starting to get warm down here, yep it gets warm here sometimes.......

Will advise of the result once I get the ute back
fairmontpsbf
Platinum Subscriber

Postby AD07 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:29 pm

Cage wrote:Glad I saw this thread as my July '13 build is going in for it's 12 month/15,000 service in a few weeks.

Just checked the coolant level and it's sitting between MIN and MAX and I've never topped it up in almost 10,000 K's.

Do you think I should let the dealer's service department know that I'm aware of the problem, or wait and see what they do first?

Make them aware that you know of the service campaign. Campaign number (020116) Get them to check if your vin is affected & if it is, let them know you want it done when your car is getting serviced.
The Owners manual states that between Min & Max is normal.
I noticed you're from the Hunter, where abouts are you planning on getting it serviced ....Heritage Maitland , or Cessnock Mitsubishi ?
AD07

Postby Cage on Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:43 pm

AD07 wrote:
Cage wrote:Glad I saw this thread as my July '13 build is going in for it's 12 month/15,000 service in a few weeks.

Make them aware that you know of the service campaign. Campaign number (020116) Get them to check if your vin is affected & if it is, let them know you want it done when your car is getting serviced.
I noticed you're from the Hunter, where abouts are you planning on getting it serviced ....Heritage Maitland , or Cessnock Mitsubishi ?

Well I bought it from Heritage, had my first service there and have been more than happy with their service.

However I suspect you had a reason for asking "where abouts are you planning on getting it serviced ....Heritage Maitland , or Cessnock Mitsubishi ? ". Please elaborate.
Cage

Postby Rusty02 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:21 pm

I called the stealer today, I have a 2014 MY15 GLX-R and it is not on the list. :D
Rusty02

Postby tritonliz on Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:45 pm

Mine is booked in for what they referred to as a recall, getting it done in 2 weeks so we will see how that goes.
tritonliz

Postby tritonliz on Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:49 pm

rodeddy wrote:Mine is due for 30K service ..... looks like i need pass on using Tynans at Kirrawee hey...
Anybody know of any good mechanics who know Tritons in the sutherland shire area ? :?:

tritonliz wrote:
Cowboy Dave wrote:One day is to ensure the engine is cold the next day when they do the valve clearances

Last time Mitsubishi did my valve clearances they really messed up and the next day I lost a tank of diesel and they didn't even apologise or refill the tank. Usual great service from Mitsubishi Kirrawee, NOT.

They have always sorted it but have also made a few mess ups. I only take it there because it is not far from home and I don't need to pay for courtesy car etc...
tritonliz

Postby AD07 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:32 pm

Cage wrote:
AD07 wrote:

Well I bought it from Heritage, had my first service there and have been more than happy with their service.

However I suspect you had a reason for asking "where abouts are you planning on getting it serviced ....Heritage Maitland , or Cessnock Mitsubishi ? ". Please elaborate.

Nah mate, no reason.....I bought mine from Cessnock, but Services would be easier for me at Heritage because I live closer. Can you please let me know how you go with the Service campaign when you mention it to them, as mine is due for its first service in December.

Cheers.
AD07

Postby fairmontpsbf on Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:15 am

Just collected my MN MY14 from the dealer, on pickup of keys advised that system checked, all done, new coolant and radiator cap, the invoice had the comment:

1 W 4D56 HI POWER ENGINE OVERHEAT - TRITON AND CHALLENGER
Sundry
Long Life Coolant Pre-Mixed (Green) 8.20 RC14

Bit suspicious as no mention of radiator cap, flipped the bonnet and the old 108KPa is still in place.

Pretty annoyed, rang them and they said "it should have been replaced" bring it in and we change it, great as the dealer is 40km away. Also asked if they re flashed the ECU and they said it did not need it as it had the new update ??? Can only take their work on that. It was there for 22.5K service on 22 September, so it may have been done then.

Due for 30K service soon, but disappointed with this. Wonder if they even changed the coolant !!

Cheers

Tony
fairmontpsbf
Platinum Subscriber

Postby AD07 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:43 pm

^^^
Pretty annoying that they couldn't even complete a service campaign properly. :evil:
How hard can it be....coolant, ECU updates "AND" cap. You SHOULDNT have to check the vehicle before you leave the Service Dept. That's what you paid them to do.
AD07

Postby har05l on Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:35 pm

I always lift the bonnet or climb under to make sure what was meant to be done has.

Life is so hard isn't it :roll:
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby GM... on Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:51 am

Has MM fixed this problem during manfacturing, if so does anyone know which year engines are ok.
NL Pajero, 3.2 Common Rail Triton Engine and Auto, King Springs, Tuff Dog shocks, Taipan Exhaust, Drawers...
GM...

Postby OffRoadDave on Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:39 am

Take a look at this post GM, you can work out when things were fixed, essentially not long ago at all.
OffRoadDave

Postby GM... on Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:43 am

Thanks OffRoadDave,
NL Pajero, 3.2 Common Rail Triton Engine and Auto, King Springs, Tuff Dog shocks, Taipan Exhaust, Drawers...
GM...

Postby lazarus on Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:41 pm

Here we are, straight from horses mouth:

I got a letter in the mail today, from Mitsubishi Australia Head Office in regards to this cooling system recall.

Front of the envelope (I have taken letter out):
Click to view larger picture

back of the envelope:
Click to view larger picture

So why should I call it "service campaign" when even Mitsubishi Australia head office is calling it "RECALL" nicely stamped in big and red letters???

It's not from the dealer, it's directly from MMA.
MY2013 MN GLX-R Auto, diff lock, diff breathers, bash plates, tub liner, reversing sensors, Safari snorkel, BFG KM2 M/T, Rhino Pioneer roof platform, Caddy Alpha Canopy, Dual Battery, Waeco CFX-50, Air Compressor ...
lazarus

Postby bill65 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:50 pm

Yea I got one too :cry: :cry:
bill65
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:55 pm

Does the letter say it's a recall?

It's still not listed here: https://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/952859/fromItemId/952855

which is where it should be if it was a genuine "recall".

Anyway mate, call it whatever you like. When the original posts in this thread were highlighting that it was in fact a service campaign and not a recall that was current information coming out of MMAL.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby har05l on Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:35 pm

WGAF :roll: it's all getting fixed and mitsi have openly done the right thing and fixing/checking any vehicles within the periods concerned
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby L200Shogun on Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:54 pm

har05l wrote:WGAF :roll: it's all getting fixed and mitsi have openly done the right thing and fixing/checking any vehicles within the periods concerned

This
L200Shogun

Postby kingy on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:19 pm

yeah got mine today

pretty cool they are giving you a chance to win a 2016 triton :D
kingy
Platinum Subscriber

PreviousNext

Return to Drive Train Components