Cooling System Service Campaign

Engines, Gearboxes, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

Re: Cooling System Service Campaign

Postby baito on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:34 pm

If you actually read the top of the letter it says in bold "preventative action service campaign 020116"
Not recall...
baito

Postby lazarus on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:35 pm

Dave, purpose of my post was to show that not even MMA can get their shi*t together let alone the dealers at least when it comes to this "recall".

It's called service campaign, but why post it in "recall" envelopes? Just adds to overall confusion.
MY2013 MN GLX-R Auto, diff lock, diff breathers, bash plates, tub liner, reversing sensors, Safari snorkel, BFG KM2 M/T, Rhino Pioneer roof platform, Caddy Alpha Canopy, Dual Battery, Waeco CFX-50, Air Compressor ...
lazarus

Postby Rumchaser on Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:41 pm

Got my letter today on the envelope it states recall but in the letter itself it says service campaign
Now to book it in .....
Rumchaser

Postby biggibbo on Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:47 pm

Probably too scabby to buy new envelopes. Probably spending the $'s on parts instead
biggibbo

Postby bigjobs on Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:49 pm

Same here... 2014 GLX-R.

Seen this thread numerous times on the news posts page, but only took the time to read it today.

Bit of a worry really. Nothing obviously wrong with my ute at this stage, has only done 11k, but I'll do everything by the book and see how she goes.
bigjobs

Postby Tony on Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:45 pm

Rest assured, plenty are fine. 8-) Many out this way have already seen well over 250,000 ks without issues aside of 3rd gear lock out problem (Nothing to do with this)

Mines, hire companies and farmers out this way just keep buying these things for a very good reason. 8-)

Value for money and very strong warranty.
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Postby dox on Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:31 pm

I had my glxr done last week now its running rough,
Has anybody else had this problem?
dox

Postby gazman152 on Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:30 pm

Got my recall letter today. Airbag harness under warranty. 4 x injectors under warranty and now cooling system recall. Awesome!

Still love it! :D
gazman152

Postby gravy on Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:40 pm

Got my letter today 2nd owner of a 2010 glxr.
2 months ago I was having overheating issues towing my camper and took the car to my mechanic who tested the cooling system. Cap ok, pressure test showed slow gradual leak, exhaust gas in radiator was inconclusive.
I was shattered as I was 10 days out from our outback trip. Ended up adding silver seal to the radiator and after some more tests towing the camper the problem went away
Ended up completing our outback trip without any problems. Although it got hot at times on the oodnadatta track etc I was able to manage it using the scan gauge and adjusting my speed etc.
Checked the radiator everyday, noticed that it didn't seem to draw coolant back from the overflow bottle when cold.
My car has done 125000
Booked in on the 1st December, will be interesting to see what they find.
gravy

Postby Dalton on Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:18 pm

Just booked my ute in for the 30k service and mentioned the service campaign.. They told me that they can't fit it in until December the week leading to chrissy, and that they need it for 3 days. Told them I've heard it should only take a day, and I can't afford to have it off the road for 3 days as I work out of it and that I'm going away for chrissy. Told them I will have to take it to another stealer and get it done in a day but they assured me it needed 3 days to be properly tested. I was told "it needs to be kept overnight to cool down properly and then re heated again." I actually trust this particular stealer way more than the other option I have, so I reluctently booked it in for the 19th of January.. They told me they put a few tritons on as courtesy cars for this issue and that I can drive in with mine, and leave with theirs.
Regarding the other stealer- I'm almost certain they did nothing to my truck except clean it at the 15k mark as my coolant was below low straight from them, ands oils was black still. They also charged me $165 for a wheel rotation I never agreed to ( they were good enough to take amount off the bill after I blew up about it) a mate who also has a triton took his there twice and had nothing but issues too.. They stripped a thread on his bash plate so they just left it missing one bolt, which meant it made an absolute racket as it caught wind when he drove. He also asked them about the new replacement manifolds to prevent carbon build up and loss of power, was told that it doesn't exist. He literally called the other dealer the next day and they had him booked in for the new inlet manifold. They told him his ute has never had an Ecu update (4 yrs old) and a slew of other small items. I hate dealers. Sorry for the long rant- it's been a long day.
Dalton

Postby mudslinger on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:03 pm

What gets me is they've know about these issues for years but are still to lazy to fix their new cars their selling.... bought 2014 my 15th 3 mths ago, and now have a letter saying recall etc.. speaking to dealer they've known about it it for years..... what kind of business is mitsubishi running???

Could have at least fixed it for the new cars they, really selling....... not confidence inspring
mudslinger

Postby L200Shogun on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:10 pm

mudslinger wrote:What gets me is they've know about these issues for years but are still to lazy to fix their new cars their selling.... bought 2014 my 15th 3 mths ago, and now have a letter saying recall etc.. speaking to dealer they've known about it it for years..... what kind of business is mitsubishi running???

Could have at least fixed it for the new cars they, really selling....... not confidence inspring

Yes Mitsubishi has knowingly been building cars with faults for years. They really wanted to erode the small profits they make on Triton's by recalling them and replacing a small number of engines.
L200Shogun

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:39 pm

They've been aware of an issue but it took a lot of time and energy to narrow down the nature of it and work out how/why it was happening. I'm aware of them having swapped engines with perfectly good units so that they had non-faulty engines to inspect/examine/test as well as the ones that died. Part of the problem is that everyone treats their car differently. Some tow, some don't. Some use dealer servicing some don't. Genuine coolant or not and so on and so forth. And some of the duds didn't go bang for like 100,000km so it was a slow burn before the issue reared its ugly head. It must have cost them hundreds of thousands just to diagnose the bloody things.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby borngeek on Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:45 pm

I love this thread. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The tsar triton :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlVPYsix9Z4
Last edited by borngeek on Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby al coholic on Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:27 am

mudslinger wrote:What gets me is they've know about these issues for years but are still to lazy to fix their new cars their selling.... bought 2014 my 15th 3 mths ago, and now have a letter saying recall etc.. speaking to dealer they've known about it it for years..... what kind of business is mitsubishi running???

Really?? :roll:
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby psaunders on Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:22 am

Just booked my in for 12th march 2015! Apparently here in Brisbane they are fully booked over Christmas with this service campaign... I was also advised they need the car for 3 days to test it thoroughly. They have offered a courtesy triton while mine is being tested, so I'm happy :)
psaunders

Postby Robby on Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:46 am

psaunders wrote:Just booked my in for 12th march 2015! Apparently here in Brisbane they are fully booked over Christmas with this service campaign... I was also advised they need the car for 3 days to test it thoroughly. They have offered a courtesy triton while mine is being tested, so I'm happy :)

That's sometime to wait, booked mine in yesterday here in SA for next week and was told they needed my triton for at least half a day.

Cheers Robby
Robby
Platinum Subscriber

Postby psaunders on Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:57 am

Robby wrote:
psaunders wrote:Just booked my in for 12th march 2015! Apparently here in Brisbane they are fully booked over Christmas with this service campaign... I was also advised they need the car for 3 days to test it thoroughly. They have offered a courtesy triton while mine is being tested, so I'm happy :)

That's sometime to wait, booked mine in yesterday here in SA for next week and was told they needed my triton for at least half a day.

Cheers Robby

I wonder why some dealerships are doing it over a day where as others are taking 3 days to do the full test?
Makes me wonder if some dealerships are cutting corners on the service campaign? :S
psaunders

Postby AD07 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:11 am

psaunders wrote:
Robby wrote:

Cheers Robby

I wonder why some dealerships are doing it over a day where as others are taking 3 days to do the full test?
Makes me wonder if some dealerships are cutting corners on the service campaign? :S

I thought that as well, seems a bit strange to me.
How can one place take a day & others take 3 ???
Im pretty sure that the campaign would also have SRT's for the Service Dept included with it.
However, if any claims are made in the future regarding over heating & it was found that a Dealer cut corners on the original campaign , im pretty sure MMA would be having "words" with the dealer in regards to covering the labor & parts costs....
AD07

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:37 am

Mine didn't take 3 days and it was done by a dealer I trust. Honestly how long can it take to replace coolant and a cap and then run the engine at standard operating temps for a while to see if it loses any coolant?

I'd put money on them making it 3 days so they have extra time if they get jammed when the time comes around. And are they really booked solid from now til March or is that they don't have enough loan cars to go around?

Cowboy Dave

Postby AD07 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:43 am

Cowboy Dave wrote:Mine didn't take 3 days and it was done by a dealer I trust. Honestly how long can it take to replace coolant and a cap and then run the engine at standard operating temps for a while to see if it loses any coolant?

I'd put money on them making it 3 days so they have extra time if they get jammed when the time comes around. And are they really booked solid from now til March or is that they don't have enough loan cars to go around?

Could be possible CD.....
AD07

Postby bigjobs on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:45 am

Just booked mine in this morning and yep, booked out until March 2015 and 3 days! This is in Brisbane too.

Funny thing is that it has to go in prior to that for a service... they may as well keep it for the whole month :lol:

The booking date was given to me before I asked for a loan car too btw.
bigjobs

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:52 am

You have to wonder about how cars that might have the problem will fare over another long hot summer.

Cowboy Dave

Postby tmichel on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:57 am

Only needed mine for a day in Brisbane and the same for my bosses Challenger two different stealers. Can't see how it would take 3 days to drop water and coolant and replace , replace radiator cap and reflash ecu.
tmichel

Postby psaunders on Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:16 pm

tmichel wrote:Only needed mine for a day in Brisbane and the same for my bosses Challenger two different stealers. Can't see how it would take 3 days to drop water and coolant and replace , replace radiator cap and reflash ecu.

Which dealership? I have mine booked in at Toowong mitsubishi and they were adamant that they needed it for 3 days...
psaunders

PreviousNext

Return to Drive Train Components