Aftermarket Rear diff lock?

Engines, Gearboxes, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

Aftermarket Rear diff lock?

Postby darren4570 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:16 am

Does anyone know of an after market rear dif lock for the ML, ARB have a front available but the rear is "under development".
My Mitsu dealer says you cant get one fitted after market, (needs to be ordered from factory, when vehicle is built).
I have super select but would sometimes like the option of being able to lock the rear diff, considering I only have stock standard suspension.
darren4570

Re: Aftermarket Rear diff lock?

Postby daryn on Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:36 pm

go for the front lock, LSD in Rear Locked in Front is a really good combination, there has been discussion elsewhere here on this, try a search.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby GLX-RSilver on Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:47 am

you could always search wrecker yards to find a second hand factory diff lock would be much cheaper then buying all the parts from the stealer then fitting it.
GLX-RSilver

Postby Sapient on Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:41 am

GLX-RSilver wrote:you could always search wrecker yards to find a second hand factory diff lock would be much cheaper then buying all the parts from the stealer then fitting it.

I tried this recently in Sydney with very poor results, if any one knows of any wreckers who has a ML Triton or two in stock, lemme know? 8-)
Sapient
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Drive Train Components