Unrealll

Engines, Gearboxes, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

Unrealll

Postby MrCozy on Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:36 pm

No question or info...just sharing my experience so far with my 09 GLX 3.2l. I bought it 4 months ago now, after a couple months, with 99k on the clock, was developing some rather disturbing symptoms. Loud rattling that couldnt just be needing of a servicing, "misfire" coming back down to idle from speed, an exhaust "leak" near the engine, and blue smoke. Took back to dealers representative shop, initial diagnosis...timing chain tensioners...keep in mind, vehicle only 99k. Fortunately, I still had a month to spare under statutorry warranty, as this turned out to be a $2700 repair. In the meantime, I also had the fuel injectors cleaned and tested...3 of the 4 came baack faulty....again, fortunately, this came under the Extended warranty, and turned out to be nearly $4000 replacement / repair, plus the intake was 60-70% carboned up. It took me 7 weeks nearly to get all this fixed, plus some additional work...struts, shocks, oil and filter change, nudge bar. But I had to fight, and threaten and persue the dealership to come to the party on the repairs, and vehicle was supposedly inspected twice.

Anyways, she runs great now, and looks a bit more fierce with the bar...lol..
MrCozy

Re: Unrealll

Postby RHKTriton on Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:59 pm

Gee, sounds like your unit has missed out on a lot of TLC. Lucky to get all that sorted under warranty.

Kill the EGR and you should now experience happy motoring going forward.

233k and one set of front brakes, harmonic balancer, 3x SCV, one set of v-belts, two sets of tyres and usual scheduled fluids & filters.

Can't complain. :lol:
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Re: Unrealll

Postby MrCozy on Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:54 pm

Yeah...supposedly was reguarily serviced, with a service history...needless to say very sketchy. Catch can half installed, have an egr and cooler delete kit to install, foglights...hopefully can follow the thread on this site to get them to work...bought a stalk with fogs to replace original, and oem style foglights. Tyres were shite too, so been replaced with Dueller A/T's. had Dunlops, and weathershields and bonnet protector still to go on.
MrCozy

Return to Drive Train Components