Broken lokka or 2x broke CV's?

Engines, Gearboxes, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

Broken lokka or 2x broke CV's?

Postby Probz on Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:00 am

Ok so im not sure if ive joined the double broken cv club or broken lokka club just yet.

After climbing a rock ledge with a bit of tyre spin but not heaps, a bit further up the track i noticed a slight click on the RHS then progressed to the LHS as well by the end of the track and got increasingly louder as i went however i didnt have any more tyre spin for the rest of the track.

So today ive done a bit of a back and forth in my yard and have now noticed the click also sounds a bit like the lokka ratchet mechanism only louder.

I have no grease leaks or torn boots, still have drive to both wheels. Also when climbing a wet clay hill on the way out i just could not seem to get traction when everyone else in the group could just cruise it and that was with loud clicking from both sides.

So what would the best definitive way be to diagnose whether is the cvs or lokka? Also this is only the 3rd trip on the lokka and after going back to my install paperwork ive noticed there is no cross shaft measurement written down so now im a bit worried that the lokka is out of spec and its loosing engagement under power, would that be possible?

Sorry for the long winded post just wanted to give as much info as possible cause i want to get it sorted before anything else gets destroyed

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Probz

Re: Broken lokka or 2x broke CV's?

Postby Probz on Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:15 am

Well it turns out front diff breather hose got knocked off and ive filled my diff with water. So im guessing the dirt and water has jammed up the lokka somehow causing it to disengage regularly.

So far nothing visible is damaged and I gave it a good clean out so hopefully thatll get it working again or itll be tear down time

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Probz

Return to Drive Train Components