MN 2.5 major loss of low down power

Engines, Gearboxes, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

MN 2.5 major loss of low down power

Postby Probz on Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:39 pm

Last time i took the triton out bush on 31s i had the issue of it bogging down a bit and when i got into the accelerator it didnt seem to rev up or produce any power but didnt think too much into because id stuffed my diff just before that so that was more on my mind.

Anyway took it out the first time on steelies and 32s and it was struggling to crawl big time and would keep going to stall on things itd usually cruise with ease and got bogged down in 2nd gear in a bog hole and went to stall out even with foot to floor and i thought shit this has messed with gearing big time.

Then on the way home on the road on a small incline the car just would not get off the line at all with out heaps of revs and slipping the clutch.

In general the car has been doughy for a while and you cant take off quick if you need too it just bogs down. Its about to click over 90000km and has no egr block or catch can so would the intake being blocked cause it to be this bad or could it be something else like maf sensor or scv causing the issue?

I know this has been touched on alot but most other seem to have issue with loss of power further up in the rev range where mine still pulls well past 2.5k

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Probz

Re: MN 2.5 major loss of low down power

Postby RHKTriton on Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:44 am

Seasons Greetings Probz.

You haven't mentioned when your last service occurred.

Items worth checking from easy to more involved would include;

MAF and MAP sensors and hose and to manifold, Intake hoses, vacuum lines to turbo, fuel filter, SCV, top section of inlet manifold and valve clearances.

Also check that your air filter isn't clogged up.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Re: MN 2.5 major loss of low down power

Postby Probz on Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:42 am

Seasons greetings to you too. Its last service was 74000 just about due again now... ive just cleaned the maf sensor and it was filthy and poked some wire through the map hose and it seemed ok. This made a big improvement to the point im pretty sure that was what was causing it to stall out.

I think theres more in it, currently idles rough so im thinking scv may need looking at, can these make a big difference power wise.

Also with manifold cleans are these considered a maintenance item unless they cause a CEL or will dealers clean carbon under warranty because its a know issue

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Probz

Return to Drive Train Components