Mn Triton not engaging drive - super select

Engines, Gearboxes, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

Mn Triton not engaging drive - super select

Postby Aus_Triton on Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:46 am

Hi everyone, I have a 2012 Triton auto with super select, when I engage Drive the D symbol does not show up on the dash and the car won’t move (like it’s in neutral, if I flick across to the manual select I get the same thing, if I hold it all the way back I can sometimes get drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Aus_Triton

Re: Mn Triton not engaging drive - super select

Postby mostlymago on Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:41 pm

That sounds like it could be the inhibitor switch. I had the same problem on an interstate trip, where it would just drop out randomly and I'd be unable to override it. I'd just have to wait for it to work again. If it's anything like the issue I had, once it was replaced it runs fine. It's never done that since.
mostlymago

Postby Aus_Triton on Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:36 am

Thanks mostlymago I will give it a try
Aus_Triton

Postby Aus_Triton on Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:56 pm

Update: Thanks mostlymago, it was the inhibitor switch. Rang around everywhere and no one other than Mitsubishi stocked it, quoted $380. Ended up getting one on eBay for $35, fitted it today and now it’s running like a dream again.
Aus_Triton

Postby mostlymago on Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:57 pm

Stoked to hear Aus_Triton! You got out of that largely unscathed. I was out of pocket about $500 to get mine assessed and fixed. I was driving from South Gippsland to the Flinders Rangers when mine started playing up (significantly) and I'd hardly made it to Bendigo. We were on a tight schedule so I pushed on and managed to make it to Renmark where it was diagnosed, then onto Hawker where it was replaced. So I'm happy to hear you've had a good outcome ;)
mostlymago

Return to Drive Train Components