Mn triton heating up since xrox

Engines, Gearboxes, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

Mn triton heating up since xrox

Postby mnbrodie on Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:25 pm

I did search but couldn’t find what I’m looking for

I have a 2010 mn triton auto. I recently put on a xrox bullbar winch and 9inch spotlights. Since I have done all that now when I go up a long steep hill the temperature will creep up past half way where it normally sits. If I back off the throttle while going up the hill the temp will cool down. I never had any problem to all the gear was put on even towing boats etc. I’ve just in the process off making a mesh grill to help increase airflow and I might even have to go smaller spot lights. Has anyone else had similar problems after bullbar etc and what was your fix?

Thanks
mnbrodie

Re: Mn triton heating up since xrox

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:59 pm

You have blocked all your airflow that is supposed to be going through your radiator.
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Re: Mn triton heating up since xrox

Postby mnbrodie on Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:50 pm

DibbyDibbyDJ wrote:You have blocked all your airflow that is supposed to be going through your radiator.

I took the grill off today and took it up the same hill that made the car heat up yesterday and it was fine. I cut the grill out and going to put mesh over it so that might be better. But hopefully if I drop down to smaller lights that might help to
mnbrodie

Return to Drive Train Components