Finaly Clutch Repaired

Engines, Gearboxes, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

Finaly Clutch Repaired

Postby Aussiewander on Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm

Has anyone else had problems with the clutch sticking, heavy pedal and a slight noise from bell housing after it has been wet. (or rainy days as i said to the stealers) :lol: :lol: . My machanic and i had a good guess what the problem was and these boof heads at the stealers keep saying that their is nothing wrong with the clutch :x :x . Well after getting sick of this and being turned away i stuck my foot down and they finaly took the gear box out and what do you know s#*t hey there is a problem. :o
The clutch and bearing had a fault from the manufacturers, clutch plate had wrong springs in it and scored the fly wheel, bearing was worn and no grease had ever existed, the sharft had a few marks but was ok to reuse. They cut a hole in the bottom of the bell housing as well to help drain i suppose.
They had to replace: Disc- Clutch 225mm
Cover assy- clutch
Bearing- 70.6mm
Bearing- Flywheel Drive pinion
Machine Flywheel
and they repaired the rest and machined flywheel and now this clutch is the best its ever been even from new. yea yea :D :D :D :D
Aussiewander

Re: Finaly Clutch Repaired

Postby Jitsukablue on Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:33 pm

Good job wander, several other people have had that problem after rainy days. After a very rainy day I've not suffered from that problem, so x-fingers...
He who dies with the most toys, wins
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters...
Jitsukablue

Postby Wallace on Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:17 pm

Aussie at least you have it fixed and hopefully to your satisfaction :D The worst case might have been that they blamed the undue wear and tear on the beach driving and well you know the rest :twisted: as Jitsu said a few other members have experienced the same sort of thing and now I suppose they have a case to go get the dealers to do something about it........we can only hope ;)
The loneless road is the one you walk alone
Support Beyondblue
You never know when you will need the help.
Wallace

Postby Aussiewander on Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:02 pm

Hey guys i had the heavy clutch when i first pick the truck up and when i added water its just got worse from their. i only have 25000km on the clock as it only gets driven on week ends. If you push them they will bend if not just push again :lol: :lol:
Aussiewander

Return to Drive Train Components