ML TRITON BRAKES

Engines, Gearboxes, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

ML TRITON BRAKES

Postby pothole111 on Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:04 pm

strong brakes on mine.
pothole111

ML TRITON BRAKES

Postby TrickML on Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:16 pm

When stopped with foot on the brake (auto) I can press the pedal to the floor. Is this normal for the Triton. My Patrol GU did this also although this was considered normal.
TrickML

ML TRITON BRAKES

Postby Notso on Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:29 pm

Have had absolutely no problems with mine, over 40,000 now and still fine. Most of that is towing my 2 tonne van.

I'm no boy racer though.
Notso

ML TRITON BRAKES

Postby jop on Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:48 pm

Tested out the brakes at 5 am this morning when an indian (yes i did get a pretty close view of him) taxi driver decided to pull out in front of me at a tee intersection.

Very impressed, had my trailer on the back and it pulled up heaps better than my last mk glxr.

He had a good look at my fancy ironman bullbar next to his head as well, even with me mounting the kerb to avoid him:x
jop

ML TRITON BRAKES

Postby martyboy on Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:59 pm

I actually was commenting on this to a friend yesterday... I got to give them a real test the other day as I was going downhill at about 90KPH when a lady in front slammed her brakes on to hang a lefty. I was not concentrating all that much and by the time I noticed her braking i nearly #*&! my pants.
I slammed my brakes on and the think just pulled up like nothing else!! thing on my seats etc went flying everywhere but no lockup at all and it just stopped.
I was very very impressed with its stopping power. A well done to Mitsubishi on this one.
martyboy

ML TRITON BRAKES

Postby TrickML on Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:24 am

I have no problems with the workings of the brakes which are great, just the pedal can be pushed all the way to the floor when stopped.
TrickML

ML TRITON BRAKES

Postby Mud16 on Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:24 am

Its a weird feeling with the ABS and mine goes to the floor when trying to stop really quick but I`m not used to it as all my cars didnt have ABS so I try to pump the pedal to keep traction and when the ABS kicks in its a weird feeling and Mine lock up on dirt
Mud16

ML TRITON BRAKES

Postby MonsterTriton on Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:13 am

HAHA none had problems with their brakes.
that makes me feel bad, haha,
at like 20,000k i had to replace my entier front pair rotors, and brake pads.
i guess mitsu didnt allign them well, and well abs kicked in every time i touched the brake peddel. when i came in, driverside rotor was shaved 4mm whilest the passanger side was shaved only 2mm.....

idoits, well either way the claim took care of it. but hell it was a fuc*** braking experince.
THERE IS A MONSTER IN ALL OF US
MonsterTriton

Previous

Return to Drive Train Components