Engine light on

Engines, Gearboxes, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

Engine light on

Postby hicko on Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:27 am

I just had a 30000klm service today.
Yesterday the yellow engine light came on , service mechanic said that the injectors had to be rewired just want to know if anyone has had this done. The light is off now but the dealer said if it comes on again contact them immediately.
Remember we do not inherit the earth from our ancestors
We borrow it from our children

My best day at work is still not as good as my worse day fishing
“Aren’t you wishing you were fishing “
hicko

Engine light on

Postby subi_man on Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:49 am

Never heard of THAT one :o
Andrew

Never judge a man by the size of his shed, but by how many toys he has IN that shed
subi_man
Valued Contributor

Engine light on

Postby High Country on Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:25 am

Rewire the injectors - yeah, right................!!
Tip # 1 - Avoid stress & grief & low resale values with vehicles - do it once - do it right, buy a HILUX!!
High Country

Engine light on

Postby triton866 on Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:38 am

This a stanard think every 15k your computer dose a re map .you would notice the car would have reved up and down for a few seconds <have be told this by a mits tec that i know>:
triton866

Engine light on

Postby Austblue on Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:22 pm

Mate nearing 45k kms on mine now and that's never happened I think I'd brace for take off if it started revving by itself!

I can't understand why your injectors would need rewiring unless he meant that they'd come loose or something? Did he mention concern about detonation? Have you heard any funny noises?
Austblue

Engine light on

Postby hicko on Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:34 pm

The engine light has been coming on and going off since the service, so I thought I would check the air cleaner and it was filthy 30000km service and they never cleaned the air cleaner oh but they did give the outside a wash, that's important. Well the usual crap " Very sorry sir, just bring it back and we will clean it straight away " I could'nt spare the time so I just did it myself and the light has been off ever since.
Remember we do not inherit the earth from our ancestors
We borrow it from our children

My best day at work is still not as good as my worse day fishing
“Aren’t you wishing you were fishing “
hicko

Engine light on

Postby Magilla on Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:43 pm

makes you wonder wtf you are paying for sometimes Hicko
Magilla

Engine light on

Postby Austblue on Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:58 pm

I'd never take it there again. What's next forgetting to put the oil drain bolt back in? Not worth the chance IMO I just use my local mechanic now after the boneheads left my bonnet unlatched after a service. Luckily I realised before I hit the freeway :x
Austblue

Engine light on

Postby V-Man on Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:06 am

Back in the old days, I used to own a Magna and religiously took it to a dealer for servicing. After 90,000klm it started to run like it was starving for fuel and idling really rough.

I took it to a mechanic friend who said that he'd take a look at it for me. When he did he reckoned that they'd never changed the air filter, or fuel filter - ever.

Needless to say, after he serviced, checked, changed and cleaned things up for me it ran like it was new again and the car never went back to a dealer for a service.
V-Man

Engine light on

Postby boo-ya on Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:21 am

Hicko it does pay to check what they do at dealerships. Just last week i bought the tjm bash plates and got home to find that the ome plates were not on the car. Went to the dealer and asked them if they had forgot to put them back, "They must of fell off" they said..

I then reminded them that they needed to remove the sump guard to change the oil so either way they didnt do there job properly. Then told them that if i had to check the job they were doing i would send them a bill for my time. After that they were very nice and helpful.

Sometimes you just need to let them know that your not an idiot.
boo-ya

Return to Drive Train Components