Power loss ML

Power loss ML

Postby Boga24 on Mon May 13, 2013 5:24 pm

Hi guys. I have a 2006 ml td 3.2. I am experiencing sever power loss from 2500 rpm(usually from 3rd gear onwards. It as if the engine just signs off completely! At low revs it's fine. I don't have a chip or egr blank plate fitted. I have also checked the turbo for loose hoses etc. I have asked Mitsubishi about it (the car is obviously out of warranty now) and they are about as useful as a nun with a vibrator!!!! I am going to install a new fuel filter tomorrow as the one in it currently looks likes its been there since new. (The car has 170 000 Kms) Any pointers???? I'm a bit snookered! I had a similar problem on one of my trucks. I found that, in that case it was a filter inside a banjo bolt that was clogged up. I haven't checked banjo bolts on the triton as yet....
Boga24

Re: Power loss ML

Postby DocBassett on Mon May 13, 2013 5:30 pm

Are you aware of the manifold clogging issues?!?! if not, get a 6 pack and start searching. You will find most people have had the same problem. Mine is about due to have it's second clean out at 100,000km's then I will be blanking. If it's not this, there will be a heap of knowledgeable people on here able to help you (if they don't get grumpy at you for not searching first :lol: ) welcome to the forum mate.
DocBassett

Postby Riansuter on Mon May 13, 2013 5:30 pm

Having the same problem with my 2008 ML triton
Loses power every morning on the highway usually up a hill or as it just gets up to temp
Let us know if you find the problem
Riansuter

Postby mattz on Mon May 13, 2013 5:37 pm

Have a look at his thread.......there is a good chance both of you have this problem. viewtopic.php?t=7472
Edit: oh......and welcome to you both. :lol:
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby Boga24 on Mon May 13, 2013 5:47 pm

Cheers guys. Heaps of help. Not too big a job! I will get this sorted!
Boga24

Postby DocBassett on Mon May 13, 2013 6:56 pm

feel free to come and do mine then :lol: :lol:
DocBassett

Return to Tips & Tricks