Fridge Tie Down

Fridge Tie Down

Postby Pearcie45 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:44 pm

I think this would be the right spot to ask.

I have bought a Waeco fridge and am looking to find a way to keep it secure and am after ideas on what others have done. I am not wanting a slide, but instead thinking something along the lines of putting in a couple of tie down points and strapping it to them?

How does attaching anchor points in the tub go with the ridges of the floor? I have no tub liner.

Or is there a way to make use of the tie down points which are existing? I had run a strap around the fridge using the existing points but it still tends to move and bounce a bit as well as rub which has caused what are at the moment small marks but id imagine they would get worse if this was how i permanently kept the fridge.

Thanks
MN MY13 GLX-R - Silver - Rear Diff Lock - Rhino Lining Tub Liner - GME TX3100 UHF - Tinted Bonnet Protector - Basha 3mm Bash Plates
Pearcie45

Re: Fridge Tie Down

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:13 pm

There are 3 bolts either side towards the tailgate end of the tub. They are m8 from memory. You can swap those for eye bolts and gain some floor tie down points.

Or you could install some load track aka anchor track on the floor.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Pearcie45 on Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:26 am

Thanks CD. I ended up using the two closest to the tailgate on the LHS and adding 2 more eye bolts for the other side of the fridge.
MN MY13 GLX-R - Silver - Rear Diff Lock - Rhino Lining Tub Liner - GME TX3100 UHF - Tinted Bonnet Protector - Basha 3mm Bash Plates
Pearcie45

Postby Kevin Vermaak on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:39 pm

Im thinking of doing the same thing. Do you have any pictures of what you did? Taking a shot in the dark here, considering the post was from 2012.

Kevin
Kevin Vermaak

Postby Pearcie45 on Thu May 04, 2017 7:12 am

I don't have any pics but could take a few if you need? I used the two bolts in the passenger side closest to the tailgate and removed them and replaced with some eye bolts with the same thread. I then put the fridge in and worked out where I needed another 2 on the other side. After that, I drilled the holes, put in 2 other eye bolts and then attached them using nyloc nuts underneath.

Hope this helps.
Pearcie45

Postby Kevin Vermaak on Thu May 04, 2017 7:45 pm

Thanks Pearcie, no need for photos.
Kevin Vermaak

Return to Tips & Tricks