winch box location ironman commercial bar?

winch box location ironman commercial bar?

Postby s13tsilvia on Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:03 am

I have an ironman commerical winch bar and just fitted my winch to it (runva) but the cables i have just put straight to the back of the bar and down so they are sandwiched between the bar and the plastic bumper.

i am concerned that the cables will rub and wear through to the metal, does anyone have any pics of what theirs looks like with an ironman commercial bar? i think i might mount the box sideways and route it down into the hole in top of the bar
s13tsilvia

Re: winch box location ironman commercial bar?

Postby NowForThe5th on Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:44 am

If you mount the control box on the top of the bar, as is the usual practice, then the cables should go through the holes in the top of the bar, never between bar and plastic bar where, as you correctly surmised, they will rub through.

Brackets for control boxes vary from make to make and model to model and sometimes need a little imagination to mount in the optimum position but just remember that wherever you put it the remote plug/socket should be easily accessible and cabling should be well secured so that it can't contact the winch underneath.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Return to Tips & Tricks