Ironman Commercial Bullbar Install photos

Ironman Commerical Bullbar Install photos

Postby jop on Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:54 am

Macdom, after driving in the rain, the reflection was annoying, but i'll put something on the back of the bar to stop it.
What have people seen used to stop the reflection, tape, paint?
jop

Ironman Commerical Bullbar Install photos

Postby Eelesy on Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:12 am

black gaffa
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Re: Ironman Commerical Bullbar Install photos

Postby Bartman on Tue May 05, 2009 8:51 pm

Hey GLX-RSilver. Great article, thanks a lot. Could you advise me which screws or bolts should be screwed out to remove the stock plastic bumper? Thanks in advance. Best Regards.
Bartman.
Bartman

Postby Homer on Wed May 06, 2009 7:04 am

x2 black gaffa
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Bartman on Tue May 12, 2009 10:27 pm

GLX-RSilver wrote:Hey there Bill i just used a angle grinder to cut it very easy like a knife through butter.
Everything 4wd is near frankston. Cheers

I think it's much better to use jig saw , grinder melts plastic. I used grinder only in some corners difficult to access with jig saw.
Bartman

Postby jimmel on Sat May 16, 2009 9:52 pm

Hey GLX-RSilver,awesome install of your bar. Did you order the light pods through ironman & do they generally sell them as a seperate part ?
Would it be possible to get some photo's of the bar from the sides & looking from the top.
Cheers.
jimmel

Postby joshua.alexander on Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:33 pm

i bought one of these, the stupid asian dodgy instructions are stupid,
1. where do i cut it
2. do i take the bumper off , then cut then put back on the car, or do i cut with the bumper on the car
3. was the suppost to be a stensil/template given??
me and my father are argueing on how to fit the bugger
BTW i have a 2009 triton, my bumper looks different to yours
JA
joshua.alexander

Postby hammy on Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:29 pm

Fitted up mine last weekend. A couple of things concerned me regarding the adaptor plates that Mount to the chassis. 1 the "captive bolt" does not sit in a slot like it shows in the installation manual, it shows it sitting in a neat elongated slot but my mn chassis doesn't have a slot, just a round hole so the captive bolt is not positively locked against forwards slip. 2 the u bolts want to sit right on the edge of a bit of a recess in the back of the chassis rails which if Seated in the recess puts the u bolts on the piss. The more I think about it the less confident I am that it wont slip forward under winching. Anyone else have these issues.
hammy

Postby NowForThe5th on Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:00 pm

Hammy, I had the same initial concerns, especially about the U-bolts but they stood up to a couple of prangs and a major roo hit and didn't move at all. Winching didn't do a thing either.

You have to drill the hole for the captive bolt(s). My bar didn't come with instructions so I missed that bit and it did slide on slots in the plates with the first hit. I realised what had happened and drilled holes that were an exact fit for an M10 bolt so it wouldn't happen again, then later found out that it should have been done from the beginning. :roll:

These bars are actually quite strong and I was more than happy with the way mine stood up.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby DCDAD on Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:02 am

Sorryi don't know how to put the pics up, so hope this works .... grrrr

Asking about Dark Grey ute posted by JOP

Is this an Ironman bar? I see the one on the silver car is Black , yet this one is Hammertone!
It wasn't me , Your Honour! :lol:
DCDAD

Postby DCDAD on Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:13 am

also , I've enquired about Front bars a lot this week, because i like the look of the ARB Sahara,but can't bring myself to spend $2500 on one, spoke to TJM about their product, and they don't make anything close ( Like the T3 they have ) to suit Triton , when i mentioned the IronMan , he said it was an inferior product , not made from the same grade of steel, which is why its cheaper ! So I'm a little confused which way to go? can anyone shed some light on this for me please... I'm pulling my hair out, and i don't have much hair to get rid of! :lol:
DCDAD

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:19 am

DCDAD wrote:Sorryi don't know how to put the pics up, so hope this works .... grrrr

Asking about Dark Grey ute posted by JOP

Is this an Ironman bar? I see the one on the silver car is Black , yet this one is Hammertone!

That car is a superseded colour called platoon green. The bar is an ironman - I think they call it a deluxe? And yeah hammertone with a shiny top.

I went with the opposite lock deluxe postbar which is every bit as solid as the ARB and TJM items.

One of the other moderators had that ironman bar that Jop has and took out a roo at near 100kmh one night and apart from busting a driving light and a headlight the bar itself was in reasonable shape and the car relatively untouched.

If you're planning on hitting stuff on a weekly basis maybe the ironman wouldn't be the best choice but if (like many 4wd owners) it is more for looks, or somewhere to put lights and antennas, or more of a just in case thing it should be fine.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby DCDAD on Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:46 am

Cowboy Dave wrote:
DCDAD wrote:
it is more for looks, or somewhere to put lights and antennas, or more of a just in case thing it should be fine.

Thanks for the reply , yeah thats all its for ... Just called an Ironman stockist , they don't do Hammertone anymore they reckon ( Don't recall it being so tough to get a Bar that you like , i must be getting Old ) Opposite Lock, didn't even think about them , Thanks ... ill check them out now!
DCDAD

Postby NowForThe5th on Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:53 am

DCDAD wrote:So I'm a little confused which way to go? can anyone shed some light on this for me please... I'm pulling my hair out, and i don't have much hair to get rid of! :lol:

Not worth pulling your hair out over a bullbar. The Ironman bars were quite popular in the early days of the ML because they were much cheaper than ARB and TJM. Their Commercial range were painted black while the upper models had a hammertone finish. Back in those days the Ironman product was made by MCC in Thailand. Now they're making their own.

Cowboy Dave wrote:One of the other moderators had that ironman bar that Jop has and took out a roo at near 100kmh one night and apart from busting a driving light and a headlight the bar itself was in reasonable shape and the car relatively untouched.

That was me. See the photo below for the damage which, considering speed and the size of the roo, was minimal.

Click to view larger picture

The Ironman bars are maybe not as nicely finished as the big names, but I have no question about their strength. For my Pajero I went with the OL because I liked the finish and the mounting points, plus they gave me trade pricing. Strength wasn't an issue.
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby DCDAD on Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:25 pm

Wish i could get TRADE PRICING :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
DCDAD

Postby DCDAD on Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:26 pm

How did you find Light reflecting back at you with the triple loop?
DCDAD

Re: Ironman Commercial Bullbar Install photos

Postby NowForThe5th on Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:57 pm

Light reflection off the loops was never a problem. I thought of early on, too, but once installed it just didn't happen.
Chris

NowForThe5th

Previous

Return to Tips & Tricks