Offroad Wheels and Tyres ?s

Need something to get you rolling?

Offroad Wheels and Tyres ?s

Postby dexterboy on Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:35 am

I have 16 inch rims on the Triton and am contemplating buying another set of genuine 16 never used Triton rims and tyres of a friend who has just told me he has them in his garage only been used for the drive home from when he purchased vehicle.

My question is are 16 inch rims ok to setup as an offroad set with descent tyres like Mickys or Coopers etc or would 17s be better in the long run? My offroad driving is only roads like Birdsville Developmental road ,Flinders Ranges and National park type roads occasional creek crossings and muddy roads when required.
dexterboy

Re: Offroad Wheels and Tyres ?s

Postby DocBassett on Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:45 am

16s would be best. Easier to find tyres and greater potential to bag out the tyres. Having said that, 17s aren't bad. If you can get them cheap then go either!!
DocBassett

Re: Offroad Wheels and Tyres ?s

Postby fridgie on Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:55 am

Please look at the wheels and tyres section or through the forum directory.

If using tapatalk, mark the directory as a favourite/subscribe to it as it is the best and easiest way to find things.

This topic has been covered extensively in the past and doesn't require a new thread to be created.

We also have a random tyre question thread for anything tyre related.

Please help us keep all the info together and provide better search results through minimisation of double ups.

Good luck on your search, the answers are waiting for you ;-)
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Return to Tyres & Wheels