wheel balance and allignment

Need something to get you rolling?

wheel balance and allignment

Postby Simon's truck on Wed May 10, 2017 4:50 pm

hey guys, my car went in for its 60,000 to a local log book servicing place and the 'did me a favour' and threw in free wheel balance and allignment.....

I have recently put zero offset 16" sunny's and 265/70/16 A/T on, when i fitted the wheels and tyres they had no weights on them and the car drove fine. after their 'favour' the ute drives like shit, pulls to the left and i get intermittent steering wheel shudder between 80-110kph.

I have took it back twice and everytime i get it back they say its fine, im sick if them and need some advice on what to do and where to go. The ute really drives like a bag of shit at the moment

Asked this on the facebook forum and everyone told me i was dancing with my life fitting zero offset on the triton and its my own fault, not one of the other guys who have zero offset or even bigger chimed in to say a thing just a bunch of grandads with their standard rigs telling me i shouldnt modify my ute :lol:
Simon's truck

Re: wheel balance and allignment

Postby Simon's truck on Wed May 10, 2017 4:56 pm

ok mate thanks will have a look in there again.
Simon's truck

Re: wheel balance and allignment

Postby ag9111 on Wed May 10, 2017 5:30 pm

Steel or alloy wheels.
Wheels that do not have the same centre bore take a little bit of effort when tightning.

Hand tighten all nuts the same in the order 1,3,5,2,4,6.
Then nip them all up abit, in the same order above, a little at a time till you are happy.
Alternatively
Sounds like the people who put the tyres, wheels on originally know what they are doing. Take it back to them

I only ever take mine to truck alignment places as they are used to dealing with big heavy tyres, not light weight passenger tyres
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Tyres & Wheels