TPMS

Need something to get you rolling?

TPMS

Postby jnik on Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:12 pm

My Triton is (over)due for new tyres, which has got me thinking about fitting a TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System).

Ideally I'd like to monitor all nine tyres (4 on the Triton, 2 Triton spares, 2 on caravan, 1 caravan spare).

Before I go and buy one of the expensive sets that promises to do all of that (more than four tyres, distance to caravan tyres, monitoring the non-rotating spares, easy switch to a lower pressure alarm for when aired-down, easy switching between "car only" and "car and caravan") I thought I ask if anyone has any relevant experience with one of the less expensive sets ... ?

Or could I go with a pair of less expensive sets (basic unit to cover the four tyres on the Triton and a more sophisticated set with a repeater for the other tyres)? One benefit of this is that I know I can turn off the "other" tyres when I'm not towing.

I know I could get a six-tyre set and monitor just the active tyres (they're pretty common and get around the problem of monitoring non-rotating tyres), but I'd prefer internal sensors so I need sensors in the spares (to allow for tyre rotation) ... so I'd like to include them in the monitoring if possible.

Any recommendations?

Any other feedback?

Anything else I should consider?

TIA, JNik.
jnik

Return to Tyres & Wheels