Triton tail shaft shudder

Re: MN Suspension Upgrade

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:41 pm

Your truck, your choice mate, like others have said suit yourself. It's not like any of us have a clue apparently.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Bling on Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:46 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:Your truck, your choice mate, like others have said suit yourself. It's not like any of us have a clue apparently.

Hmmm, you keep saying us and we, I'm not sure who us and we are, are you a cult :twisted: no offence.
Oh yeah, I see you bought an aldi winch, good choice, must be quality stuff you got from being knowledgeable :lol:
Last edited by Bling on Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bling

Postby Bling on Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:54 pm

har05l wrote:
Bling wrote:Yeah the raw was about $600 cheaper, it is only the shocks I used, king coils on front, efs leafs and super pro bushes.
Will try the spacer tomorrow, the wedges are In and will also try the rotation of the bearing.

For the sake of $600 you'll waste and spend more at the end of the day trying to solve it :lol:

I'm with geek, you got a raw deal :lol: and were given the best advise by people that have the knowledge , FFS you were even given the opportunity to test out mattz triton with his van hooked up :roll:

Good luck...................I guess :roll:

Yeah I did ask Matt what part of the peninsula he was from but no answer.
Umm FFS there's nothing wrong with the suspension just shudder from the lift if you read it properly.
Bling

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:58 pm

Look mate, I'm trying to be nice about it. You seem to be spoiling for a fight or something. You copped a little this morning from others and then seemed annoyed about it. If you don't want people giving you attitude you're going to have to tone it down a bit. That's my kind advice. You should take it. You should also re-read the rules for the forum and ensure you abide by them.

If you come on the forum asking for advice you need to understand that you won't always get advice or views that you like or agree with. You'll have to cop that on the chin as it's part and parcel of the whole thing. If you want to arc up every time someone says differently to you then you won't last.

Us and we are people who've been on the forum for years, driven these Tritons for years, seen people come and go making the same mistakes over and over and so on. We would be the people who help others, when they're open to being helped.

Cowboy Dave

Postby Bling on Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:04 am

Nah not arcing up, let's just keep to the point ay? Read the post carefully, as odie picked it up, where are talking about the LIFT shudder, not the brand of suspension.
Bling

Postby NowForThe5th on Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:16 am

OK. So for lift shudder you:

1. Rotate the centre bearing
2. Space the gearbox mount
3. Modify the centre bearing mount

Sometimes just one or two is enough, other times you need to go to the third option. In mine, just rotating the bearing removed 90% of the shudder, even though the rear is unusually high.

There is also the choice of a new, single piece tail shaft but that is fraught with issues and the centre bearing mod has been proven to work.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby NowForThe5th on Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:22 am

jab461 wrote:I've just picked up my MN Triton from my mechanic in Canberr, and he's advised me that I need....
* Lower Inner Control Arm Bushes
* Upper Inner Control Arm Bushes
* Upper Spring Seats
* 2 x Strut Tops.
I've currently have a "Ironman" 2" lift with "Dobinsons" front springs(the ironman springs sagged).
Any advice would be appreciated

Drop in to the shop, mate. I have a spare set of the tops if you need them.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Doc on Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:33 am

Cowboy Dave wrote:In Brisbane you're a bit blessed. Lee-thal (the best dealer service bloke around) will fit Ultimate gear for you.

How/where do I get in touch with him for an instal price?
Some say the glass is half full...
Some say the glass is half empty..
I say “Are you gonna drink that?
Doc

Postby Homer on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:58 am

Search Lee-thal mate, he's a member on here, or try Eagers Mitsubishi Newstead and ask for Lee.

As Snowman has said (I hate to reluctantly agree with that Putz :P ) and I think Brendan, the shocks are the worst part of the suspension and should be the first component changed if you aren't able to do the whole kit - wait until they come off and then see that you can compress and expand them easily with your hands :o

Bling, you need to settle petal. You were given the best advice available for the question you asked - whether you like it or not. The advised brand would have also sorted your shudder without you requiring to ask again how to fix it.

Your suspension is brand new. Enjoy it while it lasts. Hopefully it lasts longer than many of the other brands of aftermarket suspension...I hope you come back and report on it's performance in 12 months to give others an indication of the quality of that manufacturer...who knows, people may then start to recommend that brand as well as the only other brand that has stood the test of time in terms of quality and after sales service....
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby jab461 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:22 am

NowForThe5th wrote:
jab461 wrote:I've just picked up my MN Triton from my mechanic in Canberr, and he's advised me that I need....
* Lower Inner Control Arm Bushes
* Upper Inner Control Arm Bushes
* Upper Spring Seats
* 2 x Strut Tops.
I've currently have a "Ironman" 2" lift with "Dobinsons" front springs(the ironman springs sagged).
Any advice would be appreciated

Drop in to the shop, mate. I have a spare set of the tops if you need them.

Where is your shop Chris?.........
jab461

Postby snowman on Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:06 am

Homer wrote:As Snowman has said (I hate to reluctantly agree with that Putz :P ) .........

morning Moron. :lol: :lol:
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby oldplodder on Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:26 am

Re the shudder!

2012 manual MN triton.
Just had the suspension upgraded with ultimate.
Back went up 65mm, and have a slight shudder between 10 and 15km/hr at takeoff.

Bit of load in the back and it goes away.
Putting in the loong range tank and see what happens.
oldplodder
Platinum Subscriber

MN Suspension Upgrade

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:31 am

Cowboy Dave

Postby rogjil on Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:53 am

Bling wrote:Remember tritons aren't exactly the best car on the market either but we all have one, probably also against the advice of someone who was more knowledgable than yourselves. :)

I knew I should have taken the advice of 4x4 Action :( :( :( :( :(

Sorry for being off topic!!!! :D :D
rogjil

Postby mattz on Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:34 am

Bling wrote:
har05l wrote:
Bling wrote:Yeah the raw was about $600 cheaper, it is only the shocks I used, king coils on front, efs leafs and super pro bushes.
Will try the spacer tomorrow, the wedges are In and will also try the rotation of the bearing.

For the sake of $600 you'll waste and spend more at the end of the day trying to solve it :lol:

I'm with geek, you got a raw deal :lol: and were given the best advise by people that have the knowledge , FFS you were even given the opportunity to test out mattz triton with his van hooked up :roll:

Good luck...................I guess :roll:

Yeah I did ask Matt what part of the peninsula he was from but no answer.
Umm FFS there's nothing wrong with the suspension just shudder from the lift if you read it properly.

Sorry mate.
I missed your post.
I didn't read your post until after you had already purchased the suspension.....maybe a pm would have been better.

As long as you're happy with the suspension......that's all that matters. I hope it serves you well.
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby mattz on Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:35 am

rogjil wrote:
Bling wrote:Remember tritons aren't exactly the best car on the market either but we all have one, probably also against the advice of someone who was more knowledgable than yourselves. :)

I knew I should have taken the advice of 4x4 Action :( :( :( :( :(

Sorry for being off topic!!!! :D :D

What was their advice? Toyota or Nissan? :roll:
Last edited by mattz on Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby dbgalaxy5 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:43 am

Bling wrote:Nah not arcing up, let's just keep to the point ay? Read the post carefully, as odie picked it up, where are talking about the LIFT shudder, not the brand of suspension.

Hmmm I must confess I am beginning to regret defending your initial posts. Please play nice.
Insert witty remark > <
dbgalaxy5

Postby fridgie on Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:51 am

Like ^^^^ :lol: :lol:

From a bystander point of view, you seem to be taking this the wrong way bling

But as you said, you probably bought your Triton against advice of others, you definitely bought your suspension against the advice of others

So why even ask for advice??

Then arc up when we don't want to assist you much.

Look at it from our point of view mate, you know the tone you write things in, we don't. You come across as a bit above all us low peeps who have been here for a long time, read almost every single post, know these vehicles more than pretty much anyone else (including you) and their nuances.

Now people who were on your side are turning on you.... Might be something in that ay ;-)
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby Bling on Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:32 am

NowForThe5th wrote:OK. So for lift shudder you:

1. Rotate the centre bearing
2. Space the gearbox mount
3. Modify the centre bearing mount

Sometimes just one or two is enough, other times you need to go to the third option. In mine, just rotating the bearing removed 90% of the shudder, even though the rear is unusually high.

There is also the choice of a new, single piece tail shaft but that is fraught with issues and the centre bearing mod has been proven to work.

Which way are you rotating the bearing? it looks dead centre wether you rotate it or spin it.
Bling

Re: Triton tail shaft shudder

Postby nealh82 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:24 pm

my understanding is you flip the centre bearing 180 degrees.

but i've only read this on the forum, from people with bucketloads more experience with these cars than i have. i don't have a suspension lift (yet) so haven't had to experiment with any of the methods to reduce the shudder that have been mentioned :lol:
nealh82

Re: Triton tail shaft shudder

Postby Quinny on Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:21 pm

I thought Brett up in Townsville did a centre bearing mod ? Can't find it though .... I remember it being pretty impressive ...
Never argue with an idiot ... they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ...
Quinny
Platinum Subscriber

Postby snowman on Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:29 pm

Quinny wrote:I thought Brett up in Townsville did a centre bearing mod ? Can't find it though .... I remember it being pretty impressive ...

snowman wrote:here is a thread on a more extreme centre bearing modification beyond the rotation.

http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3025&p=44217&hilit=spacer#p44217

this one i linked on page 2 of this thread IQ. :lol: :lol: :lol: :? :?
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby deermaster on Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:09 pm

Bling wrote:Suspension fitted today, ended up going for Raw shocks as ultimates turn around time for manufacturing and delivery didn't suit my trip away.
The suspension has turned out excellent considering my lower profile tyres.

I have RAW on mine and also had a one piece tail shaft fitted at Fourbys in Brisbane. Its been twenty thousand toughK's now and love it. Never had a problem at all and a lot of work is still done off road like it was on our trip to NT and then across and up to Cape York. I have to say I am more than happy with mine. :D
deermaster

Postby FredSmith on Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:36 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:Brendan is out with some Triton owners from the forum right now. I'm surprised he was sober enough to type the above to be honest.

In Brisbane you're a bit blessed.

I've been thinking of a service in Brisbane for a while now. How bout we meet in the middle and swap cars and then meet in the middle again after? :lol:

In Brisbane you're a bit blessed. Us on the correct side of the border already know this :lol: :lol:

How about we meet in the middle and party 8-) 8-) . Any excuse to meet other like minded people, and if i have to I'll take you're truck and get it's birthday present fitted, and return it halfway and party again!!! :lol: :lol:
FredSmith
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Quinny on Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:14 am

snowman wrote:
Quinny wrote:I thought Brett up in Townsville did a centre bearing mod ? Can't find it though .... I remember it being pretty impressive ...

snowman wrote:here is a thread on a more extreme centre bearing modification beyond the rotation.

http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3025&p=44217&hilit=spacer#p44217

this one i linked on page 2 of this thread IQ. :lol: :lol: :lol: :? :?

This one:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5814&p=93098&hilit=brett+centre+bearing#p93098
Never argue with an idiot ... they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ...
Quinny
Platinum Subscriber

PreviousNext

Return to Suspension