I had gone right through the superior website and could not find anything
Knew superior were selling a Thailand kit at one stage

Off to find more on the chaos ones
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Re: fox suspension

Postby baito on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:04 am

triton_guru wrote:Total chaos fabrication your welcome people haha ;)

Got a link? I can't find it?
baito

Postby motoz on Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:54 am

Total Chaos are based in the USA. They do a lot of long travel IFS kits for Toyotas.
It may be difficult to get off the shelf kits as they dont sell Tritons (L200) in the USA.

:?
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Will it be a good show ???
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Postby baito on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:33 pm

motoz wrote:Total Chaos are based in the USA. They do a lot of long travel IFS kits for Toyotas.
It may be difficult to get off the shelf kits as they dont sell Tritons (L200) in the USA.

Yeah I looked at the site and nothing bout tritons or l200 that's why I asked for a link.... Cheers
baito

Postby motoz on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:59 pm

baito wrote:
motoz wrote:Total Chaos are based in the USA. They do a lot of long travel IFS kits for Toyotas.

Yeah I looked at the site and nothing bout tritons or l200 that's why I asked for a link.... Cheers

FWIW here's a conversation I had with the guys at King Shocks Australia. A good mate of mine spins the spannars on Brad Gallards trophie truck and put me on to them.

They recommend the ZAW kit. Everyone here seems to poo poo the Thai kits though I can't recall ever seeing anything posted by anyone whos actually installed one. Nor in all my online researching have I read on one failing.

From the email:

Dave this is what I have got.

3" Lift or 75mm will more likely than not require a drop box in the front. zaw lift kits do a great one.
Our standard shocks range is - 0"-2" lift, 3"-5" Lift (this is the shock that would give a minimum of 75mm lift) and then 6" lift.
We do not supply rear springs but we can supply shocks to suit your set up.All quotes are valid for 7 days as prices may change depending on the dollar.the cost on this $XXXX + GST + Freight. (this is on the 3"-5" lift)This price has taken into consideration your recommendation.

These kits retail at over $3100 (this is on the 3"-5" lift)these shocks bolt straight in to the standard mounts and come with all the hardware to attach remote resi.

cheers mate hopefully hear back soon.

;)
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Postby ultimate on Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:31 pm

We fitted one of the Zaw kits about 4 years ago and unfortunately had to pull it back off. Put simply, we found it didn't comply with ADR's and the geometry wasn't right. Zaw is a good bloke and we have known him for many years. A lot of his products are good but like many imports, you have to be careful and modify them where required. I know the control arms are different now so a lot of the issues may have been corrected. If you are bringing in one of these kits, I would use it as a guide to build your own (similar to what stefanos did with his Zaw kit).

There's photos of the Zaw kit we fitted in this thread- viewtopic.php?f=37&t=14625&p=367914&hilit=diff+drop#p367914

Nor in all my online researching have I read on one failing.

Thai kits are often sold under different names. There definitely have been failures but you will be hard pressed to find them on the internet. One fault I know of is the diff drop bending under load. This of cause causes the CVs to continuously tear apart. Not something you want to happen out in the bush.

I am a fan of the Fox and King products but believe there has to be a clear distinction between on and off road use. I saw on newhilux that Fox are planning on releasing an OEM kit for the Hilux. Hopefully this filters through to the Triton and kits are released which don't require modifications to the control arms or mounts.
The Team at
Australian Ultimate Suspension Pty. Ltd
Phone: +612 9618 7674
http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au YouTube Facebook
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

Postby motoz on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:30 pm

ultimate wrote:We fitted one of the Zaw kits about 4 years ago and unfortunately had to pull it back off. Put simply, we found it didn't comply with ADR's and the geometry wasn't right. Zaw is a good bloke and we have known him for many years. A lot of his products are good but like many imports, you have to be careful and modify them where required. I know the control arms are different now so a lot of the issues may have been corrected. If you are bringing in one of these kits, I would use it as a guide to build your own (similar to what stefanos did with his Zaw kit).

There's photos of the Zaw kit we fitted in this thread- viewtopic.php?f=37&t=14625&p=367914&hilit=diff+drop#p367914

Nor in all my online researching have I read on one failing.

Thai kits are often sold under different names. There definitely have been failures but you will be hard pressed to find them on the internet. One fault I know of is the diff drop bending under load. This of cause causes the CVs to continuously tear apart. Not something you want to happen out in the bush.

I am a fan of the Fox and King products but believe there has to be a clear distinction between on and off road use. I saw on newhilux that Fox are planning on releasing an OEM kit for the Hilux. Hopefully this filters through to the Triton and kits are released which don't require modifications to the control arms or mounts.

Thanks for clearing that up mate.

:D
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Postby stefanos on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:06 pm

Without diff drop the UCA are useless......(the inner CV stops with the big angle)..

Click to view larger picture

My L200 seat on 595mm(if I want I can go to 620 with out a problem......but I prefer the better articulation)....as you can see I have install 10mm spacer between the UCA and bumpstop...
stefanos

Postby mase101 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:51 pm

Thanks guys.... Sounds like Stefanos is a total guru on this topic.... If only we could swindle him into mass producing his design.
I do understand how it needs to work, I need a diff drop to get the cv's more level to avoid stress and possible failure out bush... And need the bottom control arm changed to allow for the cv's not to fowl... And then finally I need the top control arm modified so I get droop and articulation back.....
If only I could get a kit for exactly what I need.
Cheers for your info fellas
mase101

Postby triton_guru on Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:25 pm

The issue i had with the uca was purely because the coil diameter was much larger then standard ive kept it at a 2" lift my cvs are looking healthy and i can fit my 35" tyres under the guards in happy as now :)
triton_guru

Postby ultimate on Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:46 pm

The clearance issue is because these coil-overs run an upside down design. All direct replacement struts have the coil seat located above the control arm for ample clearance.

as opposed to-

On the Hilux, the upside down design causes clearance issues with the CV as well and the mounts need to be relocated on the lower control arm.
The Team at
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

Postby triton_guru on Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:52 pm

If you don't mind me asking what is your view on the kings coilovers ive bought? Dw in not sensitive haha everyone is entitled to their opinion but i would like the view of someone who knows what they are talking about :)
triton_guru

Postby ultimate on Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:00 pm

I like King shocks. They are great off road racing shocks and I'm keen to see how they go on your vehicle.
The Team at
ultimate

Postby triton_guru on Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:05 pm

Well i will definitely do my part and report all pros and cons with the suspension as they arise :) but for now ive got nothing but good things to say about them i think they are great :)
triton_guru

Postby mitzikatzi on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:56 pm

Tony81 wrote:Just received this message from King Shocks Australia on Facebook

"hey Anthony thanks for the enquiry

we do a complete bolt in kit which includes the Front Shocks and coils. and rear shocks to match.

it also includes all the mounting hardware for the remote canisters.

these shocks retail $2970+gst+freight and that is with out compression adjusters.

the compression adjuster option is an additional $350 on the standard price.

these kits come in 0"-2", 3"-5", 6" and custom

hopefully hear from you soon"

Not sure how to put the Facebook link in..

Kings Shocks Australia

I messaged them. They sell a "kit" for Tritons but it will require modification of the control arms.
we do a kit but it does require you to modify the control arm we can not get around that problem. let me know if you are wanting price. regards
mitzikatzi

Postby the d on Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:28 pm

ultimate wrote:

That is one clean wheel arch area. :twisted:
the d

Postby triton_guru on Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:09 pm

Bloodyhell the suspension kit would cost near on 5 grand after leaf springs fitting gst freight etc :/
triton_guru

Postby stefanos on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:15 am

mitzikatzi wrote:
I messaged them. They sell a "kit" for Tritons but it will require modification of the control arms.

Did they told you what mod???
stefanos

Postby mitzikatzi on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:08 am

No and a I didn't ask what modification was needed.
mitzikatzi

Postby triton_guru on Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:09 pm

The upper control arm needs some fabricating due to the type of coilover it is the coil fouls on the control arm itself but going by the looks of your ucas stefanos you should be fine as yours seem to have more space around the shock btw just an update suspension is still going well hard to not drive it like a race car lol it loves to work hard over corrugations and even on the slow stuff it flexs and just yh all works really well in really pleased with the results so far but also atm in looking at putting coils in the back but that's just up in the air arm :twisted:
triton_guru

Postby 4wd26 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:17 am

any further update on the suspension and how they have been going on and offroad?
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby triton_guru on Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:00 pm

Both on and off road they have been fantastic, ive had alot of people at the petrol stations and that coming up to me asking about the suspension so it definitely draws some attention even the wrong attention haha got stopped in port Augusta by a copper who knew a little too much about 4x4s and what was and wasn't legal but managed to get away defect free, off road the suspension soaks up all the slow stuff and when flat out u don't feel the corrugations on the road its like having a go kart lol zero body roll just soo much handling its fantastic, but it wasn't as simple as install drive away nothing else to do it took several drives to sort out the dampening and rebound etc but the way the car drives now is unbelievable, who ever said u get what you pay for is exactly right i welcome anyone in the Adelaide area to come meet up have a look and a drive
triton_guru

Postby L200Shogun on Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:37 pm

I found this L200 with Kings, I Think it shows the modifications needed to the UCAs

From Here
L200Shogun

Postby triton_guru on Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:48 pm

Yeah pretty much it my plans are to make custom ones running a uniball instead of a ball joint
triton_guru

Postby motoz on Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:20 pm

triton_guru wrote:Yeah pretty much it my plans are to make custom ones running a uniball instead of a ball joint

Get in contact with Roll Cage Industries in Toowoomba. They make a lot of stuff for Chapmans Racing.

;)
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Previous

Return to Suspension